It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Police Evacuate Birmingham Bars, Theaters.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
We still don't know much about this, but doesn't it suck when a bag or something, accidentaly left on a bus, means that large amounts of people get evacuated and makes wordwide news? I know its a sticky situation considering what has happened, but this kind of thing must happen all the time without anything bad ever happening because of it.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurityOfPeace
We still don't know much about this, but doesn't it suck when a bag or something, accidentaly left on a bus, means that large amounts of people get evacuated and makes wordwide news? I know its a sticky situation considering what has happened, but this kind of thing must happen all the time without anything bad ever happening because of it.

there is rumour...hasnt been confirmed, of suicide bombers might of been the threat , but we dont know

dh

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This is a reinforcing utter crap
Just like the anthrax crap
Traumatise the people, back it up again and again
Behavioural techniques - recognise now how these Tavistock-type mass murdering mind-controllers are trying to bend the Brit-ish public to their will
Parasitic scum - something should be done about these unempathic R-brain dominated scum who rule us
Like a mass revelation and refusal to play their game

[edit on 9-7-2005 by dh]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Controlled explosions in buses seems rather over the top if they didnt have a very good reason. Especially since they have the robotic technology to view the contents of the package before going any further.

They wouldnt of done a controlled explosion on some ones shopping. They must have had a damn good reason to ruin an expensive vehicle such as a bus.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
im going to stick my neck out here, but i think its pretty safe to say the drama is over for tonight now......(i hope)

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Suicide bombers was the first thing that came into my mind when i read they restricted cars coming into Birmingham itself, I mean why do that if they only expect a package has been left somewhere.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by picard_is_actually_a_grey
Suicide bombers was the first thing that came into my mind when i read they restricted cars coming into Birmingham itself, I mean why do that if they only expect a package has been left somewhere.

we thought it could be a dirty bomb due to the size of the area being called off.

But as i said, its pretty safe to say the drama is over for tonight

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Yeah the drama should be over, feel sorry for the people in the city, spoilt their night out with this. No doubt anything will come of this and its just inflicting fear into our people.
Should expect these kind of precautions for a few more weeks.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   

To stop people going into harms way? It was in conjuction with asking everyone to go home.

I dont think it necessarily points to a suicide bomber scenario.

dh

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

we thought it could be a dirty bomb due to the size of the area being called off.

But as i said, its pretty safe to say the drama is over for tonight

If you really believed that "dirty bomb" nonsense, then you're a dupe
They're saving that kind of scenario for the US
They're just trying to reinforce the fear and hate with Birmingham tonight

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dh

They're just trying to reinforce the fear and hate with Birmingham tonight

Oh yeah, Birmingham is probably one of the most concentrated places in Britain for ethnic minorities. Many muslims live there. An incident like this is sure to result in some problems for everyday people.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz

To stop people going into harms way? It was in conjuction with asking everyone to go home.

I dont think it necessarily points to a suicide bomber scenario.

Then why not just stop traffic into the central entertainment area itself rather than greater Birmingham? Seems to me they expected more than just a bomb left somewhere if they disrupted a whole city. This didn't even happen to London on thursday, cars could still go as they pleased outside the immediate area of blasts, people were not told to evacuate the centre of london and cars were not stopped from leaving the M25.

dh

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Then why not just stop traffic into the central entertainment area itself rather than greater Birmingham? Seems to me they expected more than just a bomb left somewhere if they disrupted a whole city. This didn't even happen to London on thursday, cars could still go as they pleased outside the immediate area of blasts, people were not told to evacuate the centre of london and cars were not stopped from leaving the M25.

Its nothing about reality. It's all about the fear zone
Don't believe a word the f***ers do or say
They only want one thing of you, a fearful and controlled state

[edit on 9-7-2005 by dh]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Please do not circumvent the censors. This is the news forum.

dh

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

I hope this is not addressed to me

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dh

And I hope it was.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dh

Take a look at your last post. You tell me.

dh

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   

[]

And I hope it was.

Oh, rounding are you?
See how they do it folks?
Pen you in cos you say the dirty word or get too close to the knuckle - of what it's about

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Taking this to u2u.

Back to the topic please folks.

dh

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   

[

Take a look at your last post. You tell me.

Perfectly reasonable I think. I wouldnt take a word or asterisk back

And isn't intrepid a mod - I dont know because that information is off at the moment

Anyway, I'm quite happy to stay on topic - if not attacked

[edit on 9-7-2005 by dh]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join