It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we hold Mecca and Medina Hostage?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sand_man
Soundforge: How red is your neck ? You are going to take hostage MECCA cause a few CIA founded terror cells do what there trainned to do? Ok then lets take hostage all christian chuches cause there all child molesters. Mind you at least we can prove that the christian faith is riddled with child molesters. MECCA is one of the most holly places on this earth and purley disturb this tread had not been shut down. It does not surprise me considering all the PRO-Israel and ANTI-Islamic posters.

Deny Ignorance...this place is starting to bread it

[edit on 8-7-2005 by Sand_man]

this is what seems to show every day on ATS

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Excuse my ignorance,
but, WTF are "Cobalt Bombs"?
Sorry... been out of the navy for a while.
Oh, and btw, to know your enemy, and do any significant damage, you must think like the enemy.
Does your enemy lay siege to any of your holy ground?
Would it matter? Would it ever?
He knows that too.
No matter who the enemy is, spend a second or two inside his head.
Weakness is never calculated by numbers or geography, but, by the enthusiasm of the uneducated and the rash.
Vengeance and ire are just as usefull as laziness and apothy.
Weakness is weakness, no matter how you slice it.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by casual_fantasm
Excuse my ignorance,
but, WTF are "Cobalt Bombs"?
Sorry... been out of the navy for a while.

A cobalt bomb is an atomic weapon that's been encased in an element such as cobalt that becomes highly radioactive after the nuclear explosion and is designed to pollute an area with high radiation levels as to make it uninhabitable for years.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Thanks amigo.
For a minute or two, I sorta thought it was some kinda cheap jewlery/chav weapon or something.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Some of you people disguest me,

If the USA occupies Mecca and Medina it'll set off a massive chain reaction of bloodshed, violence, intolerance and jihad.

1) Any support the US had will be withdrawn
2) You lose the moral high ground
3) You risk a war with 1 billion people
4) Increased political turmoil in the country to the point where the democrats could actually challenge the republicans.
5) You think oil prices are high now? Imagine the OPEC cartel shutting off their pipes to your country.
6) You give the terrorists alot more moral justification to what they're doing

I realize in these turbulant times that there needs to be something done about them. But targetting their faith is the worst way to go about this.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I mentioned in an earlier post, that this idea was tossed around by a caller
to the Rush Limbaugh radio show..I remember a little more about the call now..

The idea I heard was to create a lot of chatter about this. Planting
the seed in the minds of all muslims, including the terrorising types.
That America would have no problem blasting Mecca into another dimension.

Would we do it? That wasn't the point..
The point was that terrorists fear losing their holiest place, more than they fear losing their own lives.

Power of suggestion.

So shall we chatter?

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilverDeath
If the USA occupies Mecca and Medina it'll set off a massive chain reaction of bloodshed, violence, intolerance and jihad.

I'm not talking about occupation, I'm saying complete destruction and radioactive fallout that would make the cities uninhabitable or visitable for pilgrimages for decades or even centuries.

If we're really nice we may even give them notice so the cities could be evacuated beforehand.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by SilverDeath

I'm not talking about occupation, I'm saying complete destruction and radioactive fallout that would make the cities uninhabitable or visitable for pilgrimages for decades or even centuries.

If we're really nice we may even give them notice so the cities could be evacuated beforehand.

Of course totally vaporising Mecca would be totally different to occupation wouldnt it?

Im sure as long as theres no foriegn troops there the average Arab won't care what happens...

The worst way to escalate this war would be to make such a spectaculalrly stupid attack.

You move froma war against terrorists who command very little support to a war against a billion Arabs, the majority of whom are innocent and disgusted by terrorism.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Here's what I think...

No, of course you cannot hold Mecca and Medina hostage through nuclear weapons. That would be an insane reaction to an insane problem.

I've thought about this for years, and there really is only one response....

Isolationism.

You may be seeing this response already. Our pourous borders in the U.S. point to a larger plan. I can see an EU type plan for the U.S., Mexico, and Canada. Vicente Fox has dropped the ball and hinted at this already. Expand the border to Mexico and Canada, that leaves mostly shoreline to defend, and use U.S. border patrol agent on the Southern Mexico border. With this base, the U.S. has ample resources, human and material, and could drive it's own internal economy. The borders would be closed to all but the closest American allies.

Then, the new American Union could drastically cut foreign aid, foreign oil, and foreign resources. All the cheap materials suppled by China would now be supplied by Mexico, without any import tariffs, etc. The U.S. could increase domestic oil exploration, as well as increase Mexican exploration, and push for vehicle hybridization and other efficiencies. The lust for middle east oil would be extinguished. The U.S. could save billions in international Aid, just by listening to the terrorists and pulling aid out of eveywhere.

If there is even one more major attack in the U.S. , I can forsee this event. Fact is, the terrorists want us out, we could get out of the whole world in a big way, crash the economies of much of the rest of the world, and maintain much the same, if diminished, way of life.

When a farner has vermin problems, first he puts up fences to keep his flock in and the predators out. Then he grabs his shotgun and goes huntin' (sorry, the inner redneck in me is coming out).

Simply put, this will push the U.S. into it's greatest period of isolationism ever. Every country in the world will follow suit. Fears of wars and actual wars will increase. All because of middle eastern terror.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Hey we muslims arent all arabs.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

lol ( you have a brain )
you think attacking one of our holyiest places wont cause us to react ( even us moderates )

man you are sick and perverted

also mentioned above my reply not all us muslims are ARAB

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I really cant believe some people are suggesting this. If lets say the west does Nuke Mecca and Medina off the map. That would just push the rest of the muslim world (Most condem terrorism) to a anti-western stance. And with myself living in the UK, I can still see that these terrorists would just attack more if these cities are destroyed.
You silly Americans and your blind Patriotism

you always give me a good laugh.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonesey_dude
You silly Americans and your blind Patriotism

you always give me a good laugh.

Far be it for me to come across as the voice of uh...dissent?... here...but what you've just done here is part of the problem.

Lumping together Americans in that way is exactly the same process as lumping together all Muslims.

It's inaccurate, and it demeans any real point the post was trying to make, unfortunately.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Let me state now, for the record, that this idea is somewhat insane on the level of the Dresden Bombing, but....

www.cnn.com...

Even I am not stupid enough to say this idea out loud in public, such as this senator.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join