It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Series of Explosions Rock London 07/07

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   
its now believed te explosions are the work of Al Qaeda according to the BBC.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
God damn bastard ID cards!

Thats all they are aiming for here.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   
BBC now saying 7 explosions

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Spokesperson for the Royal London Hospital has said they have recieved over 100 casualties, 7 of those critical,10 serious, with only 1 fatality at the hospital.

The less injured are being shipped to the hospital via London double decker buses.

It appears that the mobile telephone network in London was temporarily disabled as a precaution against bombs being set off with mobiles. This network is now working again.

So says BBC Radio 4.

[edit on 7-7-2005 by Irma]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   
BBC News now saying 7 Blasts (according to Scotland Yard)

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Just got an email from a friend working in the city, apperantly a bomb has gone off near Bank tubestation.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   
We are on the fifth page already it was only annouced just over an hour ago. Was going to make my own post and thought I get and do it as soon as possible. Thanks for who ever did this one.

Its shocking but not suprising, we have been conditioned to expecting an attack since 9/11 so do we have a new 7/7. Its a major incident but the bombs were small in comparison to what they could have been and are a lot smaller to the bombs in Iraq these days. It did not knock down any buildings or any thing.

Any body looking out for the air ports? Is these the only ones?

Its very sad I love london but I wonder if this will lead to more pressure and allow people to accept the ID cards now. But an ID card will not shield me from a bomb.
Who was it, IRA or some muslim group or an occult group or other?

Hope if people are from London on this web site that they get home alright and does not affect them in anyway, all undergrounds are closed for now.

Keep safe...

[edit on 7-7-2005 by The time lord]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Tony blair to leave G8 meeting. Will return later.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   
G8 is their alibi.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Balir confirms 'dead' no number given.

dh

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz

Some but not all
Can you imagine what getting about's going to be like, in London at least?
Can you imagine what the mass-murdering Blair and those controlling him are going to do?
Those bastards in Gleneagles must be pleased with the blood sacrifice

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 06:00 AM
link   
From the National Rail site:

Summary Several explosions in London
Time reported 09:30
Route affected All services to, from and via London
Description Due to several explosions in the London area, London Liverpool Street, London Kings Cross, London St Pancras, London Marylebone, London Euston and Stratford train stations are currently closed until further notice. The entire London Underground is also currently closed until further notice. London Buses have suspended services in zones 1 & 2. Docklands Light Railway have suspended some services.
British Transport Police have opened a casuality number for enquiries 0208 358 0101
Stations on routes to/from London are being closed for short periods of time while security checks are carried out.
Please see further information

Looks like this is going to bugger up nearly all rail travel into and out of London for a while.

My GF is going to have an arse of a time getting home then, she relies on the London-Reading trains from Waterloo to get home.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Blair just stated it is a terrorist attack. all evidence points in that direction 2 confirmed dead and atleast 90 injured. total number of attacks are higher then previously reported according to CNN although that has not been confirmed

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Confirmed 9 explosions.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   
They found a note on a website, from the Orginization of Al Qaeda and Jihad in Europe, which cliams responsibility for the attacks.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz

That's a very good point, it hadn't occured to me till now

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reports from scotland yard - 'the bus bomb was suicide bomber'

Rules out the Irish !

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Scotland Yard said explosions have been reported at Edgware Road, King's Cross, Liverpool Street, Russell Square, Aldgate East and Moorgate.

08:49 police called to Liverpool Street station after reports of bang
Blasts also reported at Aldgate East, Edgware Rd, Kings Cross, Moorgate, Russell Square tube stations
10:14 Reports of blast on bus at Tavistock Square

"Kings Cross" Underground tunnel has collapse ?

[edit on 7-7-2005 by blackwidow666]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by CTID56092
reports from scotland yard - 'the bus bomb was suicide bomber'

Rules out the Irish !

Well.....there was that one time where a bomb exploded a bus whilst being transported...killed the luckless Irishman and no one else...

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
They found a note on a website, from the Orginization of Al Qaeda and Jihad in Europe, which cliams responsibility for the attacks.

ya, they also claimed that Italy, and another country would be next, only, now, I am not sure what the other country ways....wasn't the US, maybe Denmark?

I also heard that NY City would be boosting up their security in the subway..just in case.

[edit on 7-7-2005 by dawnstar]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join