It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a good point that could point all crop circles in the direction of a hoax...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander Tau
...Maybe it is just something they do, we spray words on walls, they make crop circles. A.T
(-)

[edit on 7/6/05 by Alexander Tau]

Alien taggers!!
Crop circles as interstellar gang graffiti!!

I like it!!

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
In answer to the question posed on Larry King, the answer might be as simple as a sign left by whoever made the circle for others to see. Maybe they're navigational markers (like in Signs) or maybe they're notations that someone had been there and the patterns denotes some sort of code for what they found there. Maybe they're just hoaxes. I'm not a big believer in crop circles.

Under any circumstances, you can't write-off a phenomena that you don't understand because you can't figure out a reason why it might have occured. That's classic debunker illogic.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander Tau

Here is a counter question: Why do humans think they should be able to understand the behavior of beings about whom we know nothing?
[edit on 7/6/05 by Alexander Tau]

Exactly dude, you answer your own question on whether aliens exist. They do not. We know nothing of them because they ain't real.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
instead of asking why ask why not.
I mean werent the latter moon missions pointless.
Or wot if the crop circles are like the things from signs- maps
Or maybe theyre the interstella sign for how advanced a race is and thats why they keep changing so other alien reaces know how advanced we are and if to visit and how to.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenroon
instead of asking why ask why not.

Haha oh yeah, I'm sure it is an intergalactic given that if you happen to land on a planet with crop fields you should make intricate designs for fun.

Maybe the crazy designs are an E.T.'s equivalent to our square or triangle or something we see as basic. Maybe it is writing and they are saying "WE ARE ALIENS, WE ARE REAL AND WE WANT TO MEET YOU" and we just can't read it.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_54
Alien taggers!!
Crop circles as interstellar gang graffiti!!

I like it!!

This can only mean one thing! Our crops are Own3d!

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Perhaps these crop circles of unknown origins are there not a a language or symbolism. Maybe whoever or whatever makes them complex just to show that they are not man made and thats it.
Take this circle for example.

taking a closer look at the circle...

Here is another

and up close...

One with a plank tied to rope can not create this.

Some researchers also report that their cell phones don't work inside a crop circle and will work only a few inches away from the circle. These 'true' crop circles create radio interference.

I can't speculate on the origins of these circles. I can't say that Aliens created them anymore then I could say Saturn, Roman god of the harvest made them.

Either way many crop circles are defiantly not man made and that is what I think they are all about. Someone or something is trying to show us we are not the most intelligent species around.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
like in the story i posted earlier, the womans digital camera died when trying to photograph inside the circle, then powered back up.

skeptics cannot explain trace elements found that are not natural. plant analysis often shows the same thing. unexplainable effects that are not caused by a wooden board and some string.

sure there are fakes, its finding out if even one is actually real.

i believe they may be, and im always skeptical

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I never said they do it for fun but hey maybe they do,
they might think of it as a turn on listening to websites seeing what theories people place on them.
HOw can we reason with what they do, for the same reason islanders who havent had contact with 'civilization' can ubderstand why we come to them and try to teach them an insane religion that make sabsolutlyno sense to them.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
One of the things I find rarely mentioned is that many circles have 3d shading effects to them.

Notice the 3d shading effect here on the outside pentgon?

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

After examining many closeups it appears that a lot of the shading effect is done with interlacing. In other words, the crops are weaved together like a basket. These can sometimes be multiple layers deep.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

There is a plethora of research on crop circles.

Here is a site that shows where my "scientific phenomenon" theory comes from. LINK

No need to read everything. Just flip through the slide show.

Please, oh please, don't take this guy's word for it.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Musclor

on larry king tonight (7/6/05), a guy said something along the lines of: "why would aliens travel millions of miles just to put designs in the grass?"...

This is sooo stupid comment. Extraterrestrials are in earth suburb since so long, they are installed here and probably somewhere in our solar system. The remark of this guy has no sense and just shows how basic humans can be and react.

Some crop circles are genuine (i mean not man-made), and are created by balls of light. We have numerous evidences of that. Now it's time to move on and try to understand them.

1st, it's not a stupid comment. It's completely legit and is more logical than claiming that something non-human created the designs.

2nd, you have no evidence that suggest these were not man-made. If so, you'd be the first, so please bring that evidence out and claim your prize.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
ShadowHasNoSource made another good point.

when crop circles have interlaced or woven crop, the skeptics go quite. id like to see some skeptics explain the interlaced crop.

obviously a simple board and string method will not produce the result.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
ShadowHasNoSource made another good point.

when crop circles have interlaced or woven crop, the skeptics go quite. id like to see some skeptics explain the interlaced crop.

obviously a simple board and string method will not produce the result.

What proof do you have that says the rope and board method cannot create an interlacing crop pattern? Just picturing the method in my head makes perfect sense on how it could be done.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I grew up in and around Wheat fields. There is nothing extra-ordinary about Wheat being laid down!

My 2 cents.... If your interested in Aliens and UFO's find something other than Crop Circles to study.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   

1st, it's not a stupid comment. It's completely legit and is more logical than claiming that something non-human created the designs.
2nd, you have no evidence that suggest these were not man-made. If so, you'd be the first, so please bring that evidence out and claim your prize.

Hello,

Evidence is everywhere, just like ufos. Just visit sites of crop circles research groups. If you are not close-minded, you will see that something is going on. Too much anomalies on crops, magnetic effects, biological effects, physiological effects, not to mention these intelligently controlled balls of light.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Why don't you, the author of this topic and anyone else confused about the cc phenomenom, try reading Freddy Silva's Secrets in the Fields? This book covers all sides of the phenomenom.

Ignorance is not needed!

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
** The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of the author - they may be just for the sake of arguement and perspective **

Just because 'millions of miles' is a lot to us does not mean they are to aliens. 100 years ago flight was in it's infancy and the idea of getting to New Zealand from the UK in about 24 hours was fantasy.

I think when we take our next step in long distance travel, it will be extreme becasue we will have unlocked dthe power of wormholes/hyperspace/etc.

How do we know that the crop circles are not just some sort of joke by advanced intergalactic juvenile joyriders, emm?

It's not impossible now is it... if you think it is.. prove it... I dare you.. you can't - no more I could prove that theory is true, we don't know!
The only way you could PROVE it is if your some sort of omnipitant (how do you spell it?) being.. So hi there God!

So basically what I'm trying to say is that it is not a new point by any means, it has been said for years and is only relevant in the tiny restricted world of human's who don't have any real idea of perspective on the universe to be fair anyway.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Musclor
Hello,

Evidence is everywhere, just like ufos. Just visit sites of crop circles research groups. If you are not close-minded, you will see that something is going on. Too much anomalies on crops, magnetic effects, biological effects, physiological effects, not to mention these intelligently controlled balls of light.

You don't have to convince me of the existence of aliens. I think my posting track record on the subject should speak for itself.

With that said, I've visited the crop circle theory websites, read the books, and seen the documentaries. The points you bring up do not mean that they are not man-made creations. Magnetic effects, biological effects, and physiological effects have never been conclusively proven to be of an alien origin. Any of these phenomenon can and has been recorded in other scenerios that have nothing to do with the alien folklore. The ball of light theory has also never been confirmed other than eyewitness accounts. Sure, you can call anything "evidence" of something, but that doesn't mean it's good evidence.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   

You don't have to convince me of the existence of aliens.

Where do you see that i did ?

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   

but don't you think it would be unlikely that the formation appears in perfect frame of the video camera which is setup on a tripod?

I see how that might be taken as odd. But there have been people putting camera up for a while now trying to do exactly that. If the circle had formed with 1/2 of it out of frame then people would dismiss it because 'we cannot really see the whole thing'. Lots of people pointing cameras, perhaps someone got really lucky.

When we examine a photo or video of something that might be a real event, what do we really do? We look for signs it is fake, what else can we do? If we cannot see anything that says fake then we consider what we can tell from the item.

We have no solid info to base a judgement on so at best we have, possibly real. On the other hand we have a world of experience with photo tricks. So let's say we take this video to an expert, someone with the tools, knowledge and experience that we feel establish a basis for judgement. Now perhaps this person finds proof, pixels copied multiple times, or some other solid bit of evidence upon which to make a pronouncement.

If that is the case then I would accept their Judgement. But if it is not a matter of absolute proof then what do we do, we ask 'In your professional opinion is this video authentic'. At this point what we must know is how objective is the expert in question. Do they give perfectly equal consideration to the item being real or do they dismiss the idea of UFOs from the start?

I submit that unless the person gives equal weight to all the possibilities that their final opinion is meaningless. The expect says 'I think this was probably created by someone with some tools I am not familar with' and with that statement the item goes into the trash for most people.

We cannot at this time prove that a photo or video is real, but we do know how to investigate and the standards for real honest proof are not any different here than anywhere else, or at least they should not be.

If this video is real it is important, important in a historic way that cannot be underestimated. If it is a creation of some guy for fun then yes we need to know that and we cannot be afraid of either possibility. I am not argueing the case that it is real just that I am not so sure that we have really proven it false in a fair and logical manner.

Exactly dude, you answer your own question on whether aliens exist. They do not. We know nothing of them because they ain't real.

That was not at all my question and I disagre with your conclusion. There is more than enough evidence that points to Aliens existing, but that is a far cry from knowing anything about what might motovate them.

Let me give an example.

There is a older couple who live next door to me. I have said hello, I see them mowing their lawn, I know they exist. But since I do not know them in any real sense I cannot tell you what they are doing right now. If I walked into their house I do not know what I would see or what they might be doing.

But just because I do not know when or what they eat for dinner does not mean that I am not fairly certain that they do eat. These are my own species, humans, but what I do not know about them far outweighs what I do.

The same with beings from other Planets, I know they exist but I know that beyond that I have nothing to base any sort of judgement about what they may be up to. It is not of course that we know nothing at all in the absolute sense but nowhere near enough to answer these sorts of questions about them.

A.T
(-)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join