It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roll Call - All writers please respond please.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
i am a writer

and i have not really looked at this part of ATS

all i can say is look out for my story

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I like almost anything that sparks my interest--no real favorite, but my work is mostly dark.

World War IV the rise of the red dragon

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Russian Roulette With Paintball Guns

The Word Game

Poems about Ignorance

Fun Fiction: The Zoo

Area 51 landing

the neverending poem

Today I

Black Soul

Post Apocalyptic Sunshine

There's more. I just can't find them now.

[edit on 2005/7/5 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I write mostly poetry and short story stuff except when I'm writing Op/Ed
pieces. I have several ideas for screenplays but haven't gotten around to writing them yet.

Freedom Song

My Portfolio at Writing.Com

My Op/Ed Journal-- - under the radar

My short story stuff is mostly fantasy/sc-fi or has a Christian theme to it.
I'll try to get some on here in the near future.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Hey, I finally made it back and got your message. I'm a writer. (At least I try my best.) I love to write. I have been "away" for much of the time over the last week or two, as I have had some "off-line" business to deal with. Anyway, so far, I have started and finished (with some collaboration from a few others, ) Trapped.

I also have worked on, Neighbor From Hell started by DontTreadOnMe.

And, I don't know if this counts or not, but I added my 2 cents when John Bull 1 was wanting all writers to write new rules and regulations for Collaborative Fiction. Post Number: 1208337. I did my best to try and lay out some tentative rules and regulations, hoping that others would pitch in and help me out - which they did.

As for genre, I enjoy suspense, drama, poetry (although I still have much to learn in the poetry department), and of course, just about anything concpiracy oriented. I like stories from the heart.

Then, I guess the only other things I have done in that catagory to date would be to have made a couple of comments on some of Infinites work. He wrote a very powerful short story called, "Until Death Do Us Part". I commented on that, and also commented on a few of his poems.

I look forward to contributing more in the near future to Collaborative Fiction.

//ed for content added//

//ed for more content added//

[edit on 7/8/2005 by CyberKat]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I've been away from writing and will be for at least a while longer.

This is my only masterpiece, and is unfinished
neighbor from hell. Cyberkat did a great job helping me with it.

I returned the favor and helped with her story.

Great fun

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I am, of course, The Vagabond- that's THE Vagabond- accept no substitutes (and stop calling me Vegabond!). My style is characterized by short bursts of outstanding character development, occasional predictablity, and an apparent case of ADHD when it comes to plots.

Edit to add: You can usually count on me to write action, sometimes as part of a coherent adventure story and sometimes not. Rarely will my protagonists be perfect fair-haired boys. Everybody's got problems- especially when I create them.

My few but respectable credits are:

The best and most heart-felt poem I ever wrote, and it's about asphalt.
"Best Friend"

A quasi-post-apocalyptic adventure, titled A Vagabond's Tale

An ATS story set in the near future, starring 3 of me- all in the same body (multiple personalities), Reikuro, and MemoryShock. (If I ever continue this story, I'm actually a second antagonist- not a protagonist).
That's "An American Dream: Vagabond's lame ATS Story"

A snippet of a poem I wrote in bootcamp:
"Wonderings of a Marine Recruit"

A half-joking poem I wrote when SkepticOverlord first put up the black band and the "sad day" image of our superhero.

I am also contributing to Blue Cell's WWIV: Rise of the Red Dragon.

[edit on 9-7-2005 by The Vagabond]

[edit on 9-7-2005 by The Vagabond]

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Let's see: I wrote a chem-trail story/expose here and another one here.

The first was an attempt on my part to do dialogue; the second was a deliberate spoof on HP Lovecraft. those were the first stories I'd written.

And just today I wrote another one and posted it here; I guess you'd call it a "ghost story".

And I write poetry, but it's too structured for most peoples' taste, I'm afraid!

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I have writer status. The most recent project I've been working on is"Tales of the Mandarin Liar" in the colaborative fiction section.

[edit on 18-7-2005 by cosmokatt7]

[edit on 18-7-2005 by cosmokatt7]

[edit on 21-3-2006 by cosmokatt7]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
OTS
Too structured? Structure is the key element missin' in 90% of the terrible poetry I read every day! If you write thoughtfully structured poetry, with intent and rhythm, I'd love to read it, and I'm sure most ATSers would agree.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I agree. I'm not the best poet around, but I too like structured poetry and I think we could use a lot more of it around here.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Well, here you go.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I am the resident soothsayer here on ATS, and my works so far have been:

Bearing Witness series, involving Lazarus

a couple other odds and ends, wether being short stories or poems.

Oh yeah, let's not forget Origins, an entry for the ATS writing contest.

My favorite genre? Hrmm... I enjoy fictional history, some horror/thriller (mainly Lovecraft and Lumley), and fantasy (Wies and Hickman's stuff). Do comic books count as well?

**edit** included links

[edit on 18-7-2005 by soothsayer]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Another writer here... but no real work yet.

Stay tuned... I have some ideas in store.. I just need time.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Well, I'm a writer here and here are my collected works.

The last one I did under my previous username Voidmatter. I couldn't remember my password.
Anyway, I tend toward wherever inspiration is, but usually its fantasy/horror stories.

[edit on 30-7-2005 by Voidmaster]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I am now a writer. Woo hoo! I have two shorts in the contest.

Chupacabra!

Paybacks

I also have a collection of my poetry started.

The Poems of Keymaster

I am also contributing to The Vagabonds Short Story in Rhyme. That's all I have for now but will be posting more later.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
That's me in a nutshell...about as capable as a fish out of water.
But i'm learning.

I post poetry in collaborative fiction, and then ask people to add to it in the pitiful attempt to make it collaborative.
Then...
I post a story with hopes of collaboration in the short story board.
Hopeless, eh?

Bear with me...I know I have it in me...somewhere.

Most of my life I've spent toeing the line, making a living for my family and whatever time was left me was spent engrossed in books, painting and the love of the forests around me.

What I have so far written is no doubt childish and I have only come to this board as a writer yesterday...the proverbial turnip truck still grinds gears in the distance and the dust is still drifting downwind as I'm picking my sore butt off the dirt in the road.

In Vino Veritas and I need another drink.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
hey comrades,

So, I was just bestowed with the oh so groovy title of Writer *dreamy* Sounds Bohemian, dosen't it? Sounds glib and flip and hip... no longer a mundane Member, now a Witty Writer *laughs*

ya, right.

most writers I know still have day jobs.... usually bussing tables.... and those are the lucky ones.

I don't even have a pay job...

but I AM a writer, he hee heee, it may not pay the bills but it sure feels good to have a Title, ya know?

So, other than posts in UFO threads, I don't really have any writing samples here on ATS, (yet) however there are a few tidbits here:

www.torbtown.com...

As far as genres go, I'll read just about anything... I prefer it to be printed on paper, and in general I read for pleasure, so I tend to lean towards escapism, but the Bible, or a tech manual, or the ingredients on a box of Post Toasties will do...

teevee is entirely too passive... ya, sure, I watch the thing, but it's just not as relaxing or as much fun as a book...

okay, duty calls
twj

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I'm starting to fear that if I don't kick out something soon WW is going to take away my writers status. I used to write all the time but for months on end now, i've been podcasting or just posting or goofing off in general.

I have next week off, i'll try to sit down and write a story.

Wupy

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Hi there,

I feel much like Wupy. So, WW, please be kind to those of us (well, I can't speak for others) with temporary extended writers block.

I did start and, with the help of some other writers, finally finish up
Trapped,
Then, I started on Honey, It's Never Too Late For Anything
a while back...........Then I Got Stuck!!!!!
I need some help from some creative writers to help get the thing wrapped up!! Please???

Thanks ATS writers.

Cy

[edit on 3/18/2006 by CyberKat]

[edit on 3/19/2006 by CyberKat]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
annie checking in...

I'm basically a poet as far as passion goes--as far as clinical abilities, I'm pretty good at words, in general. Not necessarily imagination (that is, in a recordable format on paper) but I'm the most thorough proof-reader I know.

Not so much fun, that--but useful, anyway...

My writing on ATS (besides my regular posts, sometimes they border on paperback-size word count) are such as:

Dreams of a Packard

Three Dark Poems for All Hallow's Eve

Above and Below

Two O'Clock Tuesday

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join