It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roll Call - All writers please respond please.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
In order to give the moddery -as well as your fellow members- a better idea of the size of our community, please post to this thread. Please include contributions, name, prefered genre, and anything else that seems important.

I am, of course, the venerable DeusEx. My credits include but are not restricted to:

Memories
Today, I
A Shadowrun Fic of Mediocre Quailty
Fear and the Night- A Ghost Story
Mechanics of a Cataclysm (a personal favorite)
The Original 'My ATS Story', now in print
MSSS Entry: One of Those Nights
Yellow Entry: Prices
HSSC2 Entry: Control
Blood and Asphalt: A Continuation of My ATS Story
ACSS Entry: Revenant

My finer credits. Plenty of crap I put up, but I'm not in a hurry to list those stories. Take a look, if you want.

Who's next?

DE

[edit on 5-7-2005 by DeusEx]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I forgot I was a writer!!!!! Does anyone want to do some colabritive?

Anyway, my favourite genre is probably, wait for it- conspiracy thrillers. Sorry I dont have any work yet, but I do have some good ideas!!

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Still kinda new here, my writers status is barely a month old. I have not given much to colaborative fiction, I really want to write more. So far all I've posted is as follows:

Insoniatic Ramblings
I am a man now
A poem for the ancients

Plus a few poems in threads started by others.

I wouldn't say I have a favorite genre, I like to write about whatever comes into my head. I hope to post much more to the forum and help keep it alive for those that really enjoy it.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Blue Cell's ATS story

World War IV the rise of the red dragon

Special Forces; The Story

Still continuing those stories.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Count me in as a writer. I'm not sure I actually have a preffered genre though, I seem to write about whatever pops into my head. Here are a few of the contributions i've made, just a short list really.

Wildflowers
Ghost Stories
Believe
Conversations with Death
The Last Atlantian
Angels
The Birth of Democracy
Drunken Master

I've actually posted several more stories here, these should give you an idea of my writing style though.

Wupy

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Jesus Tap Dancing Christ

Thats all Iv got. Im gonna get around to making new Episodes soon enough.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I have a few short stories and the first chapters of a novel on the board. I usually can't figure out what genre (if any) is applicable to my writing.

Short Stories

Glory

The Salamander's Song

Ghetto Circus

Chapters

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Chapter 3 cont.

I don't contribute a great deal, but I will continue to contribute.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I have written some short horror stories for last years halloween contest. Thats about the extent of my writing contributions. When I am finally finished with school in November, I plan on contributing more. I know November is a long way off, but its the best my time will allow for.

I havent posted any links to my stories, but search for 'Fleshbag'. Scary stuff

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Lysergic's Perfect Hero Scenario

gotta scroll down :p

yeah i know I'm the next shakespear.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Majic's Modest ATS Writer Portfolio

I tend to like a lot of different things -- my tastes follow my moods, and my moods are as predictable as the wind. Lately I'm obsessed with a “slice of afterlife” anime, of all things. Normally I prefer “guy flicks” in my viewing.

I do music and am of the opinion that good song lyrics need to be good poetry, so I screw around with poetry now and then.

Some stuff I've posted here:

Majic's Poetry

Majic's Song Lyrics

The Crossing: A Short Story By Majic

And of course, what may well be the first work of collaborative fiction to become collaborative fact:

Discusion: The Future Of The Collaborative Fiction Forum

My turn-offs include Pauly Shore, getting my hand stuck in the garbage disposal while it's running and not being able to turn it off, William Shatner's PriceLine commercials (as well as his singing), marching, people getting on other people's cases, prolefeed, carnies, rocks in my shoes, and anything involving sad clowns or mimes.

My turn-ons include haibanology, full-contact chess, high-energy relaxation, infinitiving splits, competitive levitation, singing, drawing pictures and writing stories.

Oh, and making obscenely long posts on ATS.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I just wanted to say that there are some really excellent pieces on ATS in the fiction section. I haven't had the chance to read nearly as many as I'd like. I also find that my writing is poor when I don't read, anyone else find the same thing?

It's an excuse to read more often.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I've only done a couple of little pieces that don't fit anywhere actually. I'm not up to the caliber of DE and others...but would just like to say I'm glad to see Deus so motivated to take the writing forum to the next level.

Long needed...keep up the good work!

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Gadthookth!

I thometimeth thpeak with perthpicathity in my appearantheth near and far, in genreth wideranging from ethpionage to thword and thorthery to wethtern, but I fear that at Ay Tee Eth there hath been biath againtht lithping hirthute dwarveth.

I altho often advocate unthparing uthe of the Thearch button.

The muth-ked guy with the white muthk for hith avatar pretendth he hath thome kind of writing thkillth but he ith thilly.

[edit on 4-7-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I haven't been as active in this forum as I'd like to be....but my creative sparks haven't been flying lately...

My unfinished short story.....Another Day at the Office
This one went well for a while, but too many people didn't seem to understand the rules I laid out.....The Word Game
And my attempt at creating a collaborative short story that didn't become a mad lib.....Collaborative Story with Scope AND Ending!

Well - That's it...

Honestly, I enjoy writing poetry more than prose, but most of it I end up trashing before anyone else sees b/c it's so personal....I'll have to see if I can rectify that....

I enjoy writing all forms of fiction and will read anything I can get my hands on.....

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Cownose Cat
The History of the Weed Gods

Yeah, not much else to me as a writer really, but when I write some more stories that I think are good enough for the forum I'll post em.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Hi hi hi................I am more a poet than a story creator, but occasionally stories DO pop up in my brain.

River Goddess poetry....."yawn"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It ticks to...only faster (a tale)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 5-7-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I've posted only a few poems since I've been tagged writer. I am willing to help write with others if they are interested in my writing style.

So far here is my work

Dark Poems

-Aza

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Well, lets see. So far I count about 16 writers that are active and fessing up to it. As loud as we've been yelling I expected us to look a little taller then that. Hey, it's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease though, right?

Our numbers may be few but bygod were the best damn writers on ATS. WE WILL NOT BE IGNORED!!!!!!

Well, thats my little rant for the evening. I think i'll go see if anyone is in chat.

Love and light my friends,

Wupy

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Hi my name is Wolf and I'm an Alcoho----whooops, wrong place.

You all know me, love me, and such. You all probably know my various work, many of which I go off in a tangent and abandoned in a self loathing artistic temper tantrem. Currently, the masterpiece I am working on in Home, within the Short stories section

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Ha, just saw this post, maybe i looked over it lol. Idk if ill get my links to look red and nice like everyone elses lol.

TONDO, yep thats me. I like writing more than reading, actually i dont like reading that much (kind of bad for a writer) I like a little sci-fi, but I also like the more suspensful, dramatic books and writing like the Lords of Discipline (wow best book ever) Just got my writer status maybe a month ago and im just fallin into place

Life's Little Trap
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Wanting More (Poem)

Everyone's Invited! (creative minds needed)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join