It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(HSSC2) Cavern

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This is a story of monsters. Hideous things that crawl in the night. I've seen them. I've seen them in visions, and you will too. My name is David wildmen and this is my story. I am with my wife and the few survivors that are left. We were taken on a tour of an underground millitary installation from WWII. Our journey of terror began not six hours ago....
"And this was the central intelligence room." Said our guide as we stepped into a room that was lit by floresent fixtures on the wall that gave the room a eerie glow. When someone spoke the sound bounced off the walls and gave the illusion that the person speaking was speaking somewhere where he wasn't. The room was a little too damp even with the humidifiers instaled too keep the computers from shorting out. If you really tried you could hear the drip of condensation hitting the floor. The walls were made of concrete and they were bare as fall trees in a strong wind. There were computer desks lined in rows, with seats parallel to the computers. "The room has been restocked with computers, because this installation will be reused in 4 years," Said our guide in a monotone voice."an interesting fact about these computers is that they all have internet access." This is our last stop so enjoy." People spread out looking at the computers and the walls an that was it. "Sorry too bring this tour too a close so soon, but we need to make it back by nightfall." " can't we stay just a little while longer?" asked an 8-year-old with impatience. "No. We need too make it back by nightfall" answered the guide with conviction.
We wandered the halls, taking a left, a right, 2 more lefts and we climbed a stair case and that was it. All the time we were walking the impatient boy was running ahead and his parents were scolding him for doing so. We had just made it too the door as dusk crept in through the high and only window in the complex. as we came up I saw something I didn't before. To the left of the door there was another hall way, shrouded in darkness. Then just as we approached, the ceiling collapsed over the door. I watched as the 8-year-old vanished under the rocks. There was an eerie silence. Then his mother fell to her knees and started too sob, his father just stood there, too shocked to do anything. "No. No!" screamed the guide "NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" "How are we going too get out?" asked my wife. "There's another exit, on the other side of the complex." "How do we get there?" I asked. "Well you'll have to-" At that moment something with a clawed hand ripped him from the light into the dark hall way. "AHHHHHHH!!!!!"
Screamed the guide or what was left of him at the time. Blood seeped out of the dark. When the guide stopped screaming, the creature stood up and looked at us, crimsion eyes that seethed with evil, hatred and unstoppable strength stared us out of the shock that had entaranced us. We ran. The children were picked up and we ran like the wind. As we were running the floresent lights behind us were shattering. Thouse that ran out of breath were heard screaming in the darkness behind us. We ran until They stopped following us. We collapsed, panting and moaning in the prision section. The prision section was lit by floresent lights hanging from the ceiling. The lights were like thouse lights in old interrogation rooms, they had attachments on them too direct the light down. It was even damper in the prision section then it was in the central intelligence room. The condensation came down like a light drizzle on a saturday afternoon. When everyone caught their breath, we had a disscusion. "What are we going too do!?!?! What are we going too do!?!" yelled a man that was tall and very muscular. "We," I said with an authority that I would of liked too have. "We, are going too protect the children." "We are going too put the children in one of these cells and shut the door." "But we don't have the key." Someone else said. "Its better than leaving them out for bait." I answered with anger. "Anyone got any better ideas? 'Cause I sure don't."
So thats what we did, we put them into one of the cells and told them to be quiet. We heard something. Something you can't describe. It was coming from the ceiling. I looked up and saw my mistake. The bars used in the cells didn't come up all the way too the ceiling. They were coming. "Quickly! Lets get them out of there!" I screamed at the crowd.at first people looked at me strangly and then they saw it. We were all there a few feet from our children when they broke the light bulb over the cell. We saw our children dismembered by the outlines of these creatures, and we couldn't do anything. The shrieks and cries of the children echoed agianst the cold, unforgiving walls. We did the only thing we could do. We ran. And that brings us to now. We are hiding in the computer room. Where I am typing this too you right now. This is a warning too thouse who wander strange halls in the dark. Your shadow has teeth, claws and an insatiable lust for blood. Never enter the Cape Henlopen's 74th battery. You won't make it out.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
You ran and left your children???????????????

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Come on!! there was nothing left for them too do.
They couldn't do anything more. The children were already dead.

[edit on 23-10-2004 by Voidmatter]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Maybe I was a little harsh. Good story, but I didn't like the children angle. Could it not have been a tour party of politicians????

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
lol! I used the children that way because it would make people angry at the creature/creatures.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Yeah you are right brother...........it would have been hard to have 'given a toss' if it were Blair and Bush who were ripped to pieces!

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Cape Henlopen is a real place. I went there last summer. They do have a 74th battery too.
Kinda spooky huh?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillyTheCat
Maybe I was a little harsh. Good story, but I didn't like the children angle. Could it not have been a tour party of politicians????

I'll agree. Using the children in this way is a little on the "dark side", but it's a good story.

Instead of politicians, maybe used trial lawyers.

All in all, creepy story Voidmatter!

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Thank you Intelearthling I was trying too go for creepy.
What do you mean The Dark Side?

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Good story. I wish I had thought it up instead.

top topics

join