It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you Beileve Happens when you Die

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Yes, this thread doesn't say "What can you scientifically prove without a doubt will happen when you die?" does it? Usually when your posed a question asking what you think will happen, you have plenty of room for speculation.

I'm not sure what will happen, but I think that we will remain, just in a different form.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I think that will would have a chose of where you want to stay unless you are evil. I think choses would be go heaven, stay as spirt, help god as grim reper or as a angel what looks over someone on earth.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I am also very fond of the idea that when you die it is just like when you sleep but dont dream. It is basically nothing but you dont know if because its nothing to know of. Ha, yep just NOTHING.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Nothingness would be the ultimate irony, wouldn't it? All this speculation about .... nothing. LOL!

I personally feel that the spirit endures as a quark or photon or whatever, and the connections we make with other spirits that go unbroken during our lifetime are eternal. So be careful who you hook up with.

In the Bible, when Jesus was crucified, during the ninth hour he "gave up the ghost". (Matthew 27:50, Mark 15:37, Luke 23:46)

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
There's alot of things I've noticed personally in my life that indicate towards some sort of reincarnation.

I think one of two things can happen; you are reincarnated, or you go to a spirit plane- a higher plane if you will.

I think people who are reincarnated are the evil, and the murdered. Well thats just my thought.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Love this subject

I have been psychic since I was 9..so I do love this subject.

I do think we have choices but first must review our lives and feel the pain that we have placed upon others so we can be empathetic and that depending upon how much pain we have caused that could be what is known as hell.

I also thing we have a choice as to what we want to do, help others, forward learning, reincarnation ( only for the truly courageous) and other choices.

I also believe that our energy can be more than one place at a time and that the e=mc2 theory has the speed of light as a variable, thus allowing that to happen.

When I read people I have them write a few paragraphs down on paper and then sign the paper. I then have them hand me the paper and the pen they used.

My MO then becomes that my subconscious mind acts like a receiver while my conscious mind stares at the paper in a somewhat trance. I am not reading the paper, just focusing on the energy left by what the person has written.

Then I can pick up THOUGHTS that are not my own and tell the person what I am THINKING and ask them if it makes sense to them.

I do believe that these THOUGHTS are not mine but spirits able to communicate through me cuz I say things I have NO IDEA what I am talking about but the person sure does. I am sort of a pyschic therapist and usually give some advice at the end that usually turns around the persons life. I never charge for this gift. I got it for free and I give it for free.

So, I do feel that energey continues in different forms and right now it is stiffled by our bodies here on Earth, gravity and all.

I also do believe that each and every star out there in the universe has a planet circling it that forms similar to ours live on..so depending on your level of heart, and soul you can pick which one you want to hang on next.

I do believe that this one is kinda low on the developement scale and needs tons of "light" help now and in the near future. We are in big trouble, that is my gut feeling.

Comments welcome.

GW

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
well, when you're burried all what you're made of is consumed by microbes and goes in to the soil etc...so you return to the earth. then plants probably use some of these nutrients, then animals eat the plants, then people eat the animals...so its like a cycle. if there's nothing after death then you can't be worried about that because you would be dead, hence you wouldn't exactly no you were dead. people often say that they've lived a previous life as various things, yet they can't prove it and you cant disprove it.

im pretty much open to whatever lies ahead. im not bothered if i go to hell because christians were right, and im not going to be bothered if there's absolutly nothing, because life's too short to be worried about stuff like that.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
That's what frightens me most: Heaven and Hell.

Now I haven't been an outstanding Christian, hell I haven't shown any sort of respect to Christians or Christianity. What I worry about is when I die I'm going to find myself in a lake of fire. That's why Christianity makes no sense to me. Supposedly Jesus and God loves us all, yet if we mess up then we endure enternal torment.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic12
That's what frightens me most: Heaven and Hell.

Now I haven't been an outstanding Christian, hell I haven't shown any sort of respect to Christians or Christianity. What I worry about is when I die I'm going to find myself in a lake of fire. That's why Christianity makes no sense to me. Supposedly Jesus and God loves us all, yet if we mess up then we endure enternal torment.

My idea of hell is I die and when I wake I find myself being dragged towards these two huge pearly gates, as they open i see Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson and all the other self rightious bastards i've come to detest in this life. Kicking and screaming i'm tossed onto the streets of gold and have to spend eternity with their ilk.

......shudders......

i'd rather be cast into a lake of fire.

Wupy

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I do believe that these THOUGHTS are not mine but spirits able to communicate through me cuz I say things I have NO IDEA what I am talking about but the person sure does. I am sort of a pyschic therapist and usually give some advice at the end that usually turns around the persons life. I never charge for this gift. I got it for free and I give it for free.

I am a bit curious about why you feel there are spirits involved. I do not doubt your abilities but I do not agree with your feelings about how it works. Is it not just as possible that you simply are linking to the person in question? Your technique would be one way to do just that.

I have proven to myself after a lot of years of looking that all humans are connected. Most people simply ignore this and because they do they do not have access to what others are thinking and feeling. But if you listen, you can.

I rely on my Intuition in much the same way you do, there is no trance-like state involved I simply get my rational mind out of the way and let the deeper parts of me speak. I achieve much the same results in this manner and when I am done I always feel that some small part of the other person is now a part of me. From that moment on there is always this sort of bond between us.

I support this with my beliefs and basic understanding of people but at the most important times I have no idea what I am going to say it just comes out.

Do people ever comment, outside of the specific working sessions that you described that you seem to have a natural gift for understanding others?

The fact that you do not charge is admirable, you have my respect for that because I feel the same way.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by aBeilever16
I beileve when you die it is like a eternal sleep. You Dream and Dream and Dream.

I've always thought the same, with also dreaming out how your entire life went reliving all the good and bad.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
when i was younger say 7 or 8 i was scared of dying but as you get older and older i think death becomes less to worry about.when my gran died a few years back aged 85 i think that death was a blessing to her she was bed bound and had no quality of life. there is no point in being scared to die because it is the one thing that happens to us ALL. i think .... you just die and that is it. how boring would it be if you just lived for ever and ever and had to do the same boring stuff day in day out from now till the end of time.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   

In my case and by my personal opinion I believe that when the human body dies our souls are of pure energy don't die but goes on to join others.

indeed thats wat i think happens...i belive that the energy is then distributed with the knowledge and experiences of its former life/lives.

The more times we go back to the source, the more our wisdom of the universe is raised. if that makes sence to y'all?

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I have a few theories, but most predominant are;

1. The body is put to rest, but the mind goes on. Expanded and evolved, the mind is now taken to a higher level of existence. This keeps going on forever.

or

2.We die and are reincarnated as another to live our lives again(not the same life) to right the wrongs in our former lives. Like a second chance, a chance for redemption and reconciliation. I believe we are continuously reincarnated until we have come to perfect our lives(in other words, pretty much forever) at which point we are either reborn into a different existence, or the mind moves on to the next level.

Just my two cents

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   
i believe your worm food...thats about...its hard to imagine havent no thoughts or dreams and to just be "nothing" but thats what i feel happens...i wish i did believe in an after life and god...it would make death not seem as scary...but no one has proving afterlife exist to me yet haha.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a place to get info to experiment with ;

www.astraldynamics.com...

if anyone is successful using this, or other methods , please speak up.

would love to hear how it went, and if it had any effect on how you thought about death...

I'm gonna try it when time permits...

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Bugs eats my body away, and it will stink!

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Sorry so long to repsond. But YES I do have a natural understanding of people and attract people looking for a rock in a rough running stream.

The reason I feel it is spirits is because sometimes I say things that the person I am reading to has no idea what I am talking about but then they call me months later stating that they finally realized what I was saying and who I was talking about.

An Example: Two people getting married came to me to ask if I thought it was going to be a good marriage.

I read them both at different time and both of the reading told me that a close, long term relationship was going to die soon. I told them I did not know if they would eventually get married according to what I felt.

I was onlyt 16 at the time and I told them that exact message.

A few weeks later there favorite ( her ) uncle who was going to walk her down the aisle died of a sudden heart attack.

So a close relationship did die..I just thought it was their relationship.

That is what happens when you do this stuff when you are young.

I do believe there are many different levels of speeds of light and realities and that energy can get through to us from different levels and help us along the way. I am not an ashes to ashes believer when it comes to the soul.

GW

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
what would be interesting is if we could find out what the mystery schools think happen when you die. at the end of the day, that may be the greatest piece of knowledge someone may want to have.

you can be sure they have tried to investigate in some way or form, like for example what you see in the film BRIANSTORM.

like if you had that knowledge and you were at the top of the mystery schools, that info would be very precious would it not.

the problem the average person has is that our religions were made by the people running these mystery schools, so we all have our belief systems that they want us to have.

just what happens from my point of view is really irellevant because i like all you lot also have been conditioned to think what we think, and no one really thinks for themselves.

so maybe if you where part of what people call the illumiati and you were at the top level maybe you may know something, you have to remember that the mystery schools have thousands of years of knowledge that the general public would not have(because if they did not have any hidden knowledge there would be no point in joining them in the first place)

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Your soul go straight to either Gehenna(hell) or Abraham's bosom(heaven) in a billionth of a second. You dont float about in space or homes haunting people or dont exist anymore. The Bible teaches either Heaven or Hell. No other

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join