It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Freemason spilling it all!!!(except modes of recognition)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
what's the million dollar 32 degree ramses club all about? what million dollars?

Perhaps you speak of this?

www.shrinershq.org...

I'm a perennial member, it entitles you to wear a gold crutch on your Fez.

[edit on 2/7/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Perhaps you speak of this?

www.shrinershq.org...

I'm a perennial member, it entitles you to wear a gold crutch on your

you ran out of ink, there.
no, i don't think so. i saw it on one of those crests that mason's put on the back of their cars sometimes.
it was baby blue, and it had a sword and a star, i think(it was last year).
it said 32nd degree, and RAMSES and 'million dollar club'.
i guess it could be something similiar. or something else.
?

[edit on 2-7-2005 by billybob]

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
it was baby blue, and it had a sword and a star, i think(it was last year).

It's the symbol of the Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine (A.A.O.N.M.S.).

I’ve never seen a car emblem with 32° (which would be Scottish Rite, pick your Jurisdiction) incorporated with the Scimitar and Crescent, but I’m not saying it’s impossible. The Shrine no longer requires Scottish or York Rite membership as a prerequisite for it’s members.

Maybe you saw a custom emblem that was made for this Temple:

www.shrinershq.org
Rameses Shriners
3100 Keele Street
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M3M 2H4
Telephone (416) 633-6317
Fax (416) 633-6345
E-mail: [email protected]
rameses-shriners.ca...

www.shrinershq.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> www.shrinershq.org...

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chasrac64
Could you recommend any other books that i could learn from. also could you give alittle info into the Checker Board floor? what does mean and why is it so important.

Some good books on the subject of Freemasonry (for non-masons) are:

The Freemasons by Jasper Ridley
The Temple and the Lodge
Turning the Hiram Key by Robert Lomas

As for the checkerboard floor, that is a representation of opposites, namely good and evil, but can also represent the daily struggle we each face in our lives. It can represent the struggle that occurred in the hiramic legend of the 3rd degree. Like many masonic symbols, it has several meaning, and are interpreted differently by each mason.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Could you recommend any other books that I could learn from. also could you give alittle info into the Checker Board floor? what does mean and why is it so important. My grandfather was a Mason, but he died when I was ten so I never got to know him that well. This is why I would like to know about these things. also I am a female so I don’t think I could ever join so I study this on my own. any info is greatly appreciated. thanks

Just to add to what sebatwerk has already said, it has also been said to represent the floor of King Solomon's temple.

what's the million dollar 32 degree ramses club all about? what million dollars?

Not sure I can help with this one. After some searching, it appears to be a some sort of real-estate thing or a Shrine organization.
www.shrinershq.org...

EDIT: Ooops...Didn't see that Mirthful Me also found this link.

[edit on 2-7-2005 by AngelWitch]

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngelWitch
[sarcasm]
I'm sorry senrak, I hadn't realized my poor typing skills would impact the veracity of my posts.
[/sarcasm]
Obviously I'm not a Buddhist. I have read some on the subject, discussed it at length with a friend who is and find that it fits with my own own system of belief. I included it to stress that I have my OWN views, opinions and beliefs.
This post has been spell checked, and has been found to contian several errors

[NO/sarcasm] Didn't mean to hurt your feelings Angel. This list gets tough sometimes. If you'll get that upset with ME (a Mason) I'm afraid for what you'll do when the whack-o anti-Masons jump you...and they will, believe me.

It's just that many people take Buddhism VERY SERIOUSLY...they don't just "dabble" in it. Know what I mean?

I meant no harm. I admire what you're trying to do here, but please be cautious...the fruit-cakes will come out of the woodwork (one already has)

Educate away!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by senrak

Originally posted by AngelWitch
[sarcasm]
I'm sorry senrak, I hadn't realized my poor typing skills would impact the veracity of my posts.
[/sarcasm]
Obviously I'm not a Buddhist. I have read some on the subject, discussed it at length with a friend who is and find that it fits with my own own system of belief. I included it to stress that I have my OWN views, opinions and beliefs.
This post has been spell checked, and has been found to contian several errors

[NO/sarcasm] Didn't mean to hurt your feelings Angel. This list gets tough sometimes. If you'll get that upset with ME (a Mason) I'm afraid for what you'll do when the whack-o anti-Masons jump you...and they will, believe me.

It's just that many people take Buddhism VERY SERIOUSLY...they don't just "dabble" in it. Know what I mean?

I meant no harm. I admire what you're trying to do here, but please be cautious...the fruit-cakes will come out of the woodwork (one already has)

Educate away!!!

No harm done
I wasn't upset, merely trying to be funny,
I've often been told my sense of humor is little askew.
It'll take alot more than a little critisism of my poor typing skills to get my goat.

EDITED to correct my poor typing skills....I gotta slow down when I type.

[edit on 2-7-2005 by AngelWitch]

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chasrac64
Could you recommend any other books that i could learn from.

"The Craft & It's Symbols" by Allen E. Roberts
"Is It True What They Say About Freemasonry?" by Art de Hoyos & S. Brent Morris.

also could you give alittle info into the Checker Board floor? what does mean and why is it so important.

(From The Kentucky Monitor)

The Mosaic Pavement is a representation of the ground floor of King Solomon's temple, and is emblematical of human life, checkered with good and evil.
As the steps of men are trod in the various and uncertain incidents of life, our days are variegated and checkered by a strange contrariety of events, and our passage through this existence, though sometimes attended by prosperous circumstances, is often beset by a multitude of evils, therefore is the Lodge furnished with Mosaic work, to remind us of the precariousness of our state on earth. Today our feet tread in prosperity; tomorrow we may totter on the uneven paths of weakness, temptation and adversity. While this emblem is before us we are instructed to boast of nothing; to have compassion and to give aid to those who are in adversity; to walk uprightly and with humility; for such is this existence, that there is no station in which pride can be stably founded; all men, in birth and in the grave, are on a level. While we tread on this Mosaic work, let our ideas return to the original, whence we copy, and let our every act be as the dictates of reason prompt us, to live in brotherly love.

My grandfather was a Mason, but he died when i was ten so i never got to know him that well. This is why i would like to know about these things. also i am a female so i dont think i could ever join so i study this on my own. any info is greatly appreciated. thanks

Actually there are Female Freemasons. They aren't recognized by Male Lodges, but are typically respected (Well, I respect them anyway....)

They work many of the degrees (not all) that the Male Lodges work, and take their Masonry quite seriously.

See:

www.co-masonry.org...

www.comasonic.org...

Regards

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Women of the Lodge

perhaps this will help.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I am curious (this question is directed at anyone who is a mason, who cares to answer) what made you decide to become a mason? From what little I know about them, they seem like good people for the most part, and they do some good things. I guess I'm just wondering what masonry can give you that you can't get elsewhere. All the charity work, friendships, and whatnot are good, I'm sure, but certainly not exclusive to masonry, although they are as good a people to join as any if you want those things.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
I am curious (this question is directed at anyone who is a mason, who cares to answer) what made you decide to become a mason? From what little I know about them, they seem like good people for the most part, and they do some good things. I guess I'm just wondering what masonry can give you that you can't get elsewhere. All the charity work, friendships, and whatnot are good, I'm sure, but certainly not exclusive to masonry, although they are as good a people to join as any if you want those things.

LOL...For me it was actually a rather poor History channel special which got me thinking. I then found that my uncle is a Mason and later learned that my great grandfather was as well. After much reading and talking, it seemed a logical thing extension.

Many of the aspects of Masonry can be had from other sources. You don't need to be a Mason to do good works, to meet new friends, or to even be part of something with a long and rich history. This is MY path. I chose to join my lodge because it has all of the afformentioned things. When travelling, I have the opportunity to visit other lodges and meet an even wider group of friends who for the most part will share the same moral and ethical values. I also really enjoy the ritual work and being part of something as old and full of history as Masonry is.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
"Master Mason"

Call me crazy, but I seriously question that one. No offense.....just a very strong notion..............

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
k here's a question. How does one become a freemason? I am interested in becoming a member, not because I want to be uber cool, or because I want fame and glory. I'm just looking for the reason why I exist, and why things are the way they are.

If freemasonary (or a sect which exists within freemasonary...excuse the mis-spelling) cannot provide the answers I am looking for, then so be it, #e happens. At least I would have learnt about a part of life that I would not have otherwise been able to experience.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by lashlarue

"Master Mason"

Call me crazy, but I seriously question that one. No offense.....just a very strong notion..............

and you say this because?????

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I looks like a few have sent me U2U messages. Thank you all.
Unfortunately I can't send any myself as of yet.

sebatwerk - Thank you. Sage advice.

Mirthful Me - Thank you for showing me the airror of my ways

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordGoofus
How does one become a freemason? I am interested in becoming a member, not because I want to be uber cool, or because I want fame and glory. I'm just looking for the reason why I exist, and why things are the way they are.

Freemasonry will not give you answers to anything you don't already know. Freemasonry's lessons are all involved with knowing yourself, and imporving yourself. We do not hold any mystical knowledge over the beginning of time, etc etc. But we do have EXCELLENT methods of teaching men how to be the best person they can be and many masons will tell you that THIS is what changes their view on life. I see things much differently now than I ever did before, but I don't know things you don't. Freemasonry will definitely not give you the answers you are looking for, at least not directly.

As for becoming a Freemason, all you have to do is ask. No Freemason should ever recruit you or invite you to join, you must do this of your own free will and accord.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

I’ve never seen a car emblem with 32° (which would be Scottish Rite, pick your Jurisdiction) incorporated with the Scimitar and Crescent, but I’m not saying it’s impossible. The Shrine no longer requires Scottish or York Rite membership as a prerequisite for it’s members.

Maybe you saw a custom emblem that was made for this Temple:

www.shrinershq.org
Rameses Shriners
3100 Keele Street
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M3M 2H4
Telephone (416) 633-6317
Fax (416) 633-6345
E-mail: [email protected]
rameses-shriners.ca...

www.shrinershq.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> www.shrinershq.org...

yeah, that's probably it! thanks, MM. although, i still don't know what it is, i'm impressed with your ability to feret it out with a brief, incomplete description by moi.

how does it work with temples? are they autonomous? or is there some kind of central masonic steering committee that defines goals and objectives for the entire body of freemasonry?

oh, yeah, and what about the hiram key, and holy blood, holy grail? do they teach you that hiram was real? is there some kind of vengeance scheme to 'get' the progeny of the three assassins?
i find the whole rosslyn chapel thing really fascinating. the freemasons seem to have always had this inside track on knowledge. you know, the maise and symbolism there?
it seems to me, when i look at freemason's symbols and what lore is out there, that the philosophy is more similiar to taoism, ie, nature in balance, than it is to christianity, ie. good vs. evil.

i'm picking this thread to pick freemason brains. will i need a hook to use as a tuning fork? (that's egyptian ascension stuff. just joking. kind of.).
have patience with me, please. i'm not antimasonic. just fascinated.
i mean, the whole symbolism on the dollar bill issue is not necessarily 'evil'.
the actual, historical Illuminati were 'good guys', in my opinion. they locked horns with the vatican, which is totally what i would have done, back then. or now.

how do you reconcile the historical fact that masons have had secret knowledge in the past, (which was knowledge that was seemingly impossible for them to have), with the claim that, now, there are no secrets except for handshakes?

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordGoofus
k here's a question. How does one become a freemason? I am interested in becoming a member, not because I want to be uber cool, or because I want fame and glory. I'm just looking for the reason why I exist, and why things are the way they are.

To get the "ball rolling" all you have to do is remember 2B1Ask1
Find your local lodge (they are usually listed in the phonebook, or your appropriate state's Grand Lodge website can help) contact them and inform them of your intrest. This is, of course, if you don't already know someone that is a Mason. There are only a couple of stringent requirements to join. 1. Male (it is a Fraternity ya know) 2. Belief in a Supreme Being (monotheistic). 3. Being of well report (felons need not apply)

On the other hand....if you're looking at Masonry to answers to the "Meaning of Life", you might be a little disappointed. I would suggest for those answers consulting your Church/Religion of choice. Make no mistake about it, Masonry is not/has not/does not want to be a religion. If anything it is complimentary to an individuals religious beliefs.

Masonry's credo (for lack of a better term) is to "make good men better" through faith, hope and charity.

If freemasonary (or a sect which exists within freemasonary...excuse the mis-spelling) cannot provide the answers I am looking for, then so be it, #e happens. At least I would have learnt about a part of life that I would not have otherwise been able to experience.

btw its freemasonry...but that's ok it happens a lot even by members
Realize I'm not trying to discourage you from petitioning, I just want to be open about what you might or might not find when or if you do.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
My Grandfather was a 32 degree mason and worked in Brass. My Other grandfather on my moms side was a scottish rite. What the different? also between Mason and Freemason and Scottish rite? and York

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The Scottish Rite and York Rite are two separate APPENDANT branches of Freemasonry, which have additional degrees (rituals) that elaborate on the main degrees of Freemasonry. There are 32 additional degrees in the scottish rite, and 10 in the york rite.

Someone who is a 32nd degree mason is actually a 32nd degree SCOTTISH RITE mason, and still a 3rd degree Master Mason in regular (Craft) Freemasonry.

Here's a chart with examples of what Im referring to:

www.butchtucker.com...

[edit on 2-7-2005 by sebatwerk]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join