It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Speech A Career Low

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
THat's by design - it can't be said that they "Didn't say so", because they did; but a stage managed apathy by design is a cornerstone to fascism - it's how the illegal is made legal, how the moral lowground becomes acceptable in the guise of "national defense" and how those phatom enemies of nebulus capabilities become clear & present dangers.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I still can't believe they get away with pre-approved audiences.

That is the sign of zero intellectual ability.

As much as I disliked Clinton, at least the man never shied away from extemporaneous speaking. If you said that last sentence to Dubya, he'd say extempor-what?! F-you, too buddy! he he.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The viewership of the speach reminds me of some of the people who Listen to Howard Stern. Stern says two types of people listen to him. Those who love him and listen to what he is saying because they want to hear what kind of crap he will spew next, and those who hate him and listen to what he is saying because they want to hear what kind of crap he will spew next. At least Stern admits that what he spews is just crap for the masses.

And no, I did not watch it. I know what is going on in the world because I attempt to check things out for myself. Those of us relying on our media and president to tell them the whole truth about todays crisis are only fooling themselves and betraying intelligence. I like the sound of theat. Maybe we should incorporate that into our ATS slogan. 'Embrace Intelligence, Deny Ignorance'. Nice ring to it, dont you think?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Very good. It's slogantastic!

People who get their news soley from the mainstream media (newspaper, tv "news") are actually only getting about 25% of the story. It gets even worse for those who mainly listen to right-wing radio. (I say this as somone who used to listen to Rush everyday.)

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Very good. It's slogantastic!

Well, I was the one who came up with 'Deny Apathy' for PTS

(I say this as somone who used to listen to Rush everyday.)

And your ears arnt melted shut from all the hate?
Could you imagine if Rush and Ann C. had a kid together? Jeez, it would be the next Hitler!

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Oh God! Don't get me started on that shebytch!!!!

That kid would be a drug-addled sociopath. A real chip of those old blockheads.

The thing that turned me against Limbaugh was back during the '96 presidential campaign, when he had massive clout among the GOP faithful, he refused to endorse the GOP candidate. I thot that was pretty f-ed up considering his weight, no pun intended.
Then, I noticed, he stopped going after Clinton. The man sold his soul, basically. To back that assertion up, around the same time he was invited into the Council on Foreign Relations. Gee, I wonder if that had something to do with his change in behavior?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
To back that assertion up, around the same time he was invited into the Council on Foreign Relations. Gee, I wonder if that had something to do with his change in behavior?

I thought it was hillarious that one day, his countdown to the end of Clintons presidancy suddenly ended. I had read that he started every show with a fervent countdown number till Bill was out of office. Then it abruptly stopped around the time of the council appointment. What a sellout.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Yep. BigTime.

The reason his popularity soared to such heights was because of the way he relentlessly pursued Clinton's wrongdoings and missteps. After that '96 election, he became a paper tiger.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join