It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Speech A Career Low

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Stats that say Bush's support climbed after his Tuesday night speech are irrelevent. Most of those who tuned in to watch the president's propaganda infomercial already supported him. It was also his lowest number of viewers to date. That's also a good indication that support among his faithful is waning.

At this point, I can't see how he could garner more than 20-30% of the electorate.

Career-low TV audience for Bush's Iraq speech
Wed Jun 29, 2005 05:41 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - President Bush's address to the nation, urging Americans to stand firm in Iraq, drew the smallest TV audience of his tenure, Nielsen Media Research reported on Wednesday.
www.reuters.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Yes Mr. Bush did poorly on the polls, and I can only imagine that the reason people didn't turned into the speech in higher numbers was due to his record of predictability.

Mr. Bush is a very predictable president, from the speeches he does to the way he is doing business in our country we know what is next.

Right now he has already given to the public that under his administration we will be in Iraq up to our noses, so why should we listen to him for?

Everything he has to said is in the record books.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I think the timing had something to with it as well, early evening in late June.

I myself missed the live speech since I was at a corporate barbeque in Central Park.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I myself was celebrating graduation at a dinner party.

I don't think it's an indication of anything, other than the fact that it's summer and really hot and nobody wants to sit and watch the president when it's that hot out.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I think the timing had something to with it as well, early evening in late June.

I myself missed the live speech since I was at a corporate barbeque in Central Park.

Do you and Djarums know each other? He's in NYC, too.

The speech was all about timing. Bush is tanking in the polls. He's not getting anything passed. It's kind of like a perfect storm, if you will. And the NeoCons desperately want their war with Iran. BushCo. is getting desperate. If something doesn't change, something terrible will happen in the not2distant future.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

I don't think it's an indication of anything, other than the fact that it's summer and really hot and nobody wants to sit and watch the president when it's that hot out.

That's a good point, too. Traffic at ATS has been slow lately, too. I attributed that to the warm weather and longer light.

[edit on 6/30/05 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

And me.

*chuckles about our views*

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   

And me.

*chuckles about our views*

You guys up there, sitting around having beers, or what?

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I haven't met anyone from ATS in real life yet, but there are several of us in and near the city.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I haven't met anyone from ATS in real life yet, but there are several of us in and near the city.

It'd be great to actually meet face to face where possible.

Regional meets would be a cool idea.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Manhattan is crawling with ATS'ers. Which may not mean much per capita.

The mid atlantic belt too.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
The mid atlantic belt too.

That's me and Marge-land, YO!

Valhall is trying to get a bunch of ATSers together out in the Texas area, I hear. Any of you near there should run a search for her thread. If they pull it off, I bet they'll have a blast.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Sheesh, I thought this topic was about Bush and his speech the other night. See how boring it was, you guys can't even talk about it

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Sheesh, I thought this topic was about Bush and his speech the other night. See how boring it was, you guys can't even talk about it

Shut up!

YOu know you wanna come hang out w/us!

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   

YOu know you wanna come hang out w/us!

Word.

I totally want that NYCMeet to happen. Maybe I might be up for organizing an AmoryMeet this fall...

SO! Bush poll numbers. Not three digits, eh?

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I totally want that NYCMeet to happen. Maybe I might be up for organizing an AmoryMeet this fall...

That would be fun. You'd probly see me. I'll be in D.C. in late September. A meet there sometime would be the shtyte. Or Atlanta....

SO! Bush poll numbers. Not three digits, eh?

I'm F-d up right now. No comment.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
So, what I wanna know is this, how many people out there saw it and thought it was a good speech?

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Sitting through a speech given by George W. Bush, I cringe and shake my head in bafflement.
I mean,
It's scary.

Dubya is not in charge. His handlers are.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The folks up here in NY: the Bushies are from the 'burbs, commuters, and make sure to keep quiet in real life, or just save it for when enough of them are assembled that they might-maybe-hopefully could take on a single Progressive in intellectual joust!
Goup think is only safe in, well....groups!

Bush Speech: We're talking Americans folks: while it's nice to envision late eving fire fly hunts, frisbee games and trots around the pond with the dog, our epidemic obesisty levels suggest that there ain't much of that , regardless of the season!
No, folks were by the TV - the cowards who voted for this idiot, yet now know better that GAY MARRIAGE won't ruin their way of life or that IRAQ CAN'T NOR EVER could reach our shores with drone planes - they decided to watch their DVD collection of Touched by an Angel instead! All else with sense, knew that another hand picked audience would lapp up the propaganda & myoptic "vision" shaat out by this dumb f***er.
Except me - I'm a Field Surgeon of the mind set that, although watching a limb being blown off is distubing to my core, it helps the operation of repair & post op convalescense.

It was horrible with zero redeeming value in any judgable category.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
It was horrible with zero redeeming value in any judgable category.

Interesting comments, Bout Time.

I don't even watch him speak anymore. After those debates, that was it. When I have though, I go to my friend's and we get good and fried before-hand - so its funny as hell. We wait to see how he'll screw up next.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join