It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: AP Photo shows Iran's new President as 1979 US hostage-taker

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
There is an ongoing thread on ATS investigating the theory that the photo may be a fake.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I doubt it was faked 30 years ago...

Still, this guy is BAD news folks....and is likely going to give Dubya more reasons sooner rather than later, to take his crusade to Iran...

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
BBC said they do not think they are the same person...
according to height and witnesses that were at the scene, and according to pics of the president during that time, that look nothing like the fuzzy headed guy in the photo...

just a case of "all iranians look the same" to a typical ignorant person...

they asked several members of the original kidnapper group that have since reformed to the progressive camp (they would have every reason to implicate the president to make him look bad) they all said he wasn't the guy in the photo...

I am thinking this is a CIA scam to drum up support for an attack...

be careful what you beleive here folks... the machine is on spin...

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I'm not really surprised by some of you doubters about Ahmadinejad being a hostage-taker or the photo's a fake. You doubters are looking for any excuse to separate the truth or fact from what is clearly evident and make the truth/fact looks bad.

But what do I know about you all? This is a conspiracy board and the CIA is running an amateur operation doctoring every image from the AP archives.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Mm - who and what to believe. Is he really the guy in the photograph or is he too tall? Was he that terrorist or is this a CIA smear campaighn? Nuke or be nuked? Are there spies in the National Guard, are Americans spying on one another? Tough choice for an indecisive guy like me - how do you spell "campaihgn"? I think I'll have peanut butter on that...

[edit on 30-6-2005 by GlucoKit1]

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_oleneo
I'm not really surprised by some of you doubters about Ahmadinejad being a hostage-taker or the photo's a fake. You doubters are looking for any excuse to separate the truth or fact from what is clearly evident and make the truth/fact looks bad.

Well, I guess us craaaaazy conspiracy freaks and the BBC had best just believe you, Dubya, and known anti-Iran propaganda website www.iranfocus.com then.

BTW, Iran Focus is owned and run by Association Libertes in Paris. Google them, do some webpage translations and you'll find this:
Association for the Defense of the Rights of the People and Freedoms Public (ADL). You know who ADL is, don't you? www.adl.org...

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
And how did a story from a known anti-Iran hate site get past ATS's bias-detector, while articles about scientific discoveries get reams of "no:bias" votes??

If voting produces results like this, I'm all for a dictatorship.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Its true fellow ATSers, it is sadly true...

CNN has confirmed...CNN Site

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
of course CNN and FOX and whatever will confirm the LIE.

and guess what... even though the BBC has debunked the whole story, the american public will never catch wind of that, because the mainstream media won't report the debunking... or the shady nature of the story...

I'm sure the CIA dont care that its been debunked after what... 48 hours? because the american people will never know it was debunked, and the desired result will have been achieved... you wait and see.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Apparently isreal will make sure Iran does not produce WMD its called project daniel after the biblical prophet. Prophecy states that the regions around isreal will be consumed by fire after Isreal gets targeted by many nations, its it coming to plan? watch and see.

www.acpr.org.il...

Sep

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Just for the information of the people intrested in the topic, Ahmadinejad is 154 cm tall. That would make him as tall as say, a kid in the sixth grade. In the picture he seems much taller than that and if you look around him everyone is his height. But if you see the following picture you see he is not ordinary.

[edit on 30-6-2005 by Sep]

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
More evidence:

The following is an analysis of the profile of the President's head, all of the photos are dated to the SAME time period, which will allow a more accurate analysis as the age factor doesn't come into play... the two new images are photos of the President while he was a student. They are authentic and from the Presidents very own personal website,
www.mardomyar.com.

Now just by looking at the photos it is clear that the terrorist shown in the first image is not the President, the President as a student looks nothing like this man. Also notice that the most defining feature is the nose in these profile shots, and the nose of the President is totally different to the nose of the terrorist. Therefore, and the BBC concurs, the man in the AP photo is NOT the President.

DEBUNKED

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by metallicabrainz
Now just by looking at the photos it is clear that the terrorist shown in the first image is not the President, the President as a student looks nothing like this man. Also notice that the most defining feature is the nose in these profile shots, and the nose of the President is totally different to the nose of the terrorist. Therefore, and the BBC concurs, the man in the AP photo is NOT the President.

I like to point out something about the nose thing. My dad, before he died in his 50s (cancer), had a nose almost just like that President of Iran now, although my dad's nose was a bit longer and slender. I looked at my dad's other pictures of himself as a young man and I noticed something: his nose was nothing hard crooked like that crooked nose of Ahmadinejad today - my dad's nose was straight, long and slender, even from a profile siding of his face. I looked at his pictures as he aged over the years and noticed that his nose went from straight to a hard crooked nose. My sister now have her nose almost like my dad's. My mother, on the other hand, have bit of a crooked nose and she's in her 70s. When she was a young woman, hers was almost perfect straight and slender.

Perhaps Ahmadinejad's nose may be genetically predisposed from straight to crooked over the years, it could come from his father's side or his mother's side of the family.

Check with your family's noses (parents, grandparents, siblings) and compare their noses in the aging periods (young to old). As I stated in another, similar-themed thread: when people get older, their facial features change over the years.

[edit on 6/30/2005 by the_oleneo]

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Regardless of whether the photo(s) is of the new Iranian president or not, he has been identified by those who would know: 6 of the living American Iranian hostages.

seekerof

[edit on 30-6-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
BTW, Iran Focus is owned and run by Association Libertes in Paris. Google them, do some webpage translations and you'll find this:
Association for the Defense of the Rights of the People and Freedoms Public (ADL). You know who ADL is, don't you? www.adl.org...

So? What's your point?

[edit on 6/30/2005 by the_oleneo]

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
the_oleneo i think you missed an important point,

all those images were taken during the same YEAR.... his nose didn't have time to morph with old age, the two photos to the left are him as a student. I'm convinced its no him but the skeptics and Bush lovers will take their beliefs with them to the grave pfff

and Seekerof... so 6 hostages identify him from a memory they had 25 years ago most of the time they were BLINDFOLDED anyway... wow thats amazing that they could so certain who it is, i believe a hostage said even if he had blonde hair! WOW. well guess what? the actuall hostage takers were interviewed by the BBC and said that the President was NOT involved... now Seekerof, why would the ex-hostage takers lie? they have defected into a group which WANTS to depose the President and the current government! They have no reason to lie to defend the President... suck on that little piece of reality.

[edit on 30-6-2005 by metallicabrainz]

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
There is an ongoing thread on ATS investigating the theory that the photo may be a fake.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Bear in mind wecomeinpeace, Photoshop was not invented when this alleged photo was taken.

Here is a clarified picture:

Another photo at a slightly different angle:

And another:

One recent:

And another:

A younger Ahmadinejad from Globalsecurity:

Ahmadinejad: From Hostage Taker to President
State Sponsor of Terror Has Terrorist as President: President Elect of Iran Involved in U.S. Embassy Hostage Takings (UPDATED)

Personally, I think that the wrong guy is circled in the AP photo. I believe it to be the guy in the turtle neck walking beside the guy that is circled.

seekerof

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Ok, i have a question. If he is one of the hostage takers (which I think he is) what are we going to do about it? I'd say not much.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Seekeroff once again you amaze me with your ignorance and systematic lack of reasoning before you speak...

so what if photoshop wasn't invented 25 years ago? this story didn't break 25 years ago... try 25 hours ago... and i have'nt seen any origional microfilm of this photo, only images on the internet... and what is on the internet could have been docotored at ANY time... so your attempted debunking of the entire 'is the pic fake' thread was just lame buddy...

now i do appologise for my rather agressive/assertive style just now but i see America being lied to again and being drawn into a huge disaster and nightmare and the only way to stop it is to seek the truth and when lies are found to shout out so all can hear... you seekerof... i fear your one of those people that will lead us towards disaster.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
metallicabrainz, being you are obviously still a noob here, I would think that even you would refrain from placing labels on anyone as having "ignorance," which implies 'ignorant', k?

Do I know you well enough for you to assert I am bearing "ignorance" or am 'ignorant'?
Have we had discourse before on another topic perhaps? Enlighten me.

You want to maintain intelligent discussion and gain respect from this community, cease with considering people as having or bearing "ignorance" or with the impied being 'ignorant'.

Flinx, not going to do anything. I am in the same camp as you, it really does not matter to me. What matters is the here and now. Obviously, the man will have to be dealt with diplomatically, regardless of his past.

seekerof

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join