It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: AP Photo shows Iran's new President as 1979 US hostage-taker

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The newly elected President of Iran was once a hostage-taker involved in the seizure and takeover of the US Embassy in 1979, with an A.P. picture of young Mahmoud Ahmadinejad leading a blindfolded American as hostage.

www.iranfocus.com
London, Jun. 29 - Iran Focus has learnt that the photograph of Iran’s newly-elected president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, holding the arm of a blindfolded American hostage on the premises of the United States embassy in Tehran was taken by an Associated Press photographer in November 1979.

Prior to the first round of the presidential elections on June 17, Iran Focus was the first news service to reveal Ahmadinejad’s role in the seizure of the U.S. embassy in Tehran.

-snip-

The OSU (the Office of Strengthening Unity between Universities and Theological Seminaries) played a central role in the seizure of the United States embassy in Tehran in November 1979. Members of the OSU central council, who included Ahmadinejad as well as Ibrahim Asgharzadeh, Mohsen Mirdamadi, Mohsen Kadivar, Hashem Aghajari, and Abbas Abdi, were regularly received by Khomeini himself.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

At the end of the news, the role of Ahmadinejad in the Islamic Revolution toward political dissidents was even shocking: he executed those who opposed the Ayatollah and the Islamic revolution. He was known as the Terminator.

The second link below has a more detailed history of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Related News Links:
www.iranfocus.com

[edit on 30-6-2005 by John bull 1]

[edit on 30-6-2005 by John bull 1]

[edit on 1-7-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
If you look at his entire life to date its very worrying. He also for a while was an executioner in a notorious prison!

He also trained Hezbollah!

He further :

Ahmadinejad became involved in the clerical regime’s terrorist operations abroad and led many “extra-territorial operations of the IRGC”. With the formation of the elite Qods (Jerusalem) Force of the IRGC, Ahmadinejad became one of its senior commanders. He was the mastermind of a series of assassinations in the Middle East and Europe, including the assassination of Iranian Kurdish leader Abdorrahman Qassemlou, who was shot dead by senior officers of the Revolutionary Guards in a Vienna flat in July 1989. Ahmadinejad was a key planner of the attack

Very worrying but this is worse:

In the early 1980s, Ahmadinejad worked in the “Internal Security” department of the IRGC and earned notoriety as a ruthless interrogator and torturer. According to the state-run website Baztab, allies of outgoing President Mohammad Khatami have revealed that Ahmadinejad worked for some time as an executioner in the notorious Evin Prison, where thousands of political prisoners were executed in the bloody purges of the 1980s.

mmmm Nice Guy to do business with then, im sure Irans diplomatic ties will improve now!

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
What do expect from a regime that knows if they don't rig the election to bring a hard-liner into power that the lunatic fringe Islamists they've been harbouring for years are gonna rise up. Iran is filled with Al-Qeada and Hezbollah types, elect a moderate and get the violence they've been exporting for years, the shaws know this. There is a regime in control of Iran that makes the House of Saud look like the peacecorps.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I would be anticipating that President Bush will point out that the new President of Iran is a murderer in his own right as an executioner of political dissidents and a long-time coordinator of terrorism.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This is really good news....
Besides this guy's horrible history, the fact that he already said he will continue to pursue nukes makes this situation all the more difficult.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   
If Iran gets nukes their hands on nukes that will be the starting point of WWIII. Allah help us all!

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Oh is the summer in the middle east about to get hotter

Bad news for Iran i think....

xu

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I think after this Iran election it will be a lot easier to justify the bombing of Iran, since the selected president is a "terorist" himself. Later syria will need one of these too I guess.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by looking4truth
Iran is filled with Al-Qeada and Hezbollah types, elect a moderate and get the violence they've been exporting for years, the shaws know this. There is a regime in control of Iran that makes the House of Saud look like the peacecorps.

I trust you have some reliable demographic data to back up this statement? Cause if you don't this is a racist statement, and simple minded generalization of a culture which is thousands of years old. Call me crazy but I would venture to say that most Iranians are well, Iranian.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Could some of these accusations against him be lies to justify the coming war with Iran? I'm not defending him just keeping an open mind. I mean, look at where this story came from... 5 hostages who saw his face and started e-mailing eachother... 1 of which was a CIA officer in Iran... how can 5 ex-hostages word be anything more than heresay.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by metallicabrainz
Could some of these accusations against him be lies to justify the coming war with Iran? I'm not defending him just keeping an open mind. I mean, look at where this story came from... 5 hostages who saw his face and started e-mailing eachother... 1 of which was a CIA officer in Iran... how can 5 ex-hostages word be anything more than heresay.

As I posted in the other thread ion this issue - John Simpson of the BBC has confirmed that this guy is one of the hostage takers (if not one of the organisers). The article is an interesting summary of the politics of Iran btw

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   
First of all that is almost 30 years ago. What he did then happened back then. We have people in office who wish they could take back what they did 30 years ago too.

Secondly, the Iranians "chose" him. Their election ended with him victorious and we have to recognize that. They have a right to their soveriegnty as we do and we need to learn how to deal with their new leadership.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sikbasterd
If Iran gets nukes their hands on nukes that will be the starting point of WWIII. Allah help us all!

and a better way to put it, Alah protect us from your followers!

and because it was 30 years ago that crimes were commited means nothing when you consider how horrific some of them were.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
BBC news has examined the footage and confirmed that the man in the photo is NOT the president, as the man in the photo is too TALL.

DEBUNKED... so now the question is...

was this a psy-op,

or a genuine mistake by 5 hostages and the CIA?

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
What about the atrocities that are commited by infringing on another countries soveriegnty?

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
YEEEEEEEHAAWWWW!!! Gather all the neocons 'round, boys! Weez-a-goin' to WAR!! WOOOOOHOO!!

Well, actually, I imagine the U.S. government will be in full support of this new President. After all, that's the way they have treated other terrorists who were involved in the hostage crisis.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But you know, there's another President somewhere in the world who's family has proven connections not only to the Nazis who slaughtered six-million Jews, gays, gypsies and blacks, but also is best of buddies with the family that slaughtered thousands of Americans on September 11, 2001. That's right, neocon fans, you know who I'm talking about, even if your brain is going into automatic compartmentalize, double-think mode as you read that. I say let's go to war with him. But oh no...that would mean civil war! Well, hey, it just might be coming if people fall for the ruse this time around.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Hmmmmm...

How Appopriate.

More and More reasons for the Bush Administration to Attack Iran.

But then again we all Knew that it will happen sooner or later.

Iran - the Enemy of the Free World and a Terrorists State that wants to have Nuclear Weapons.

And now the President of Iran is an ex-Terrorist that took US Hostages.

Again I feel like before after 9-11 and Afganistan, and before War in Iraq:

The Board is Set and Pieces are Moving.

Its going to be a LONG Hot Summer - and I dont mean just the Weather...

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
I trust you have some reliable demographic data to back up this statement? Cause if you don't this is a racist statement, and simple minded generalization of a culture which is thousands of years old. Call me crazy but I would venture to say that most Iranians are well, Iranian.

What racist statement? Do you not know anything about Hezbollah and the many other terrorist groups whp get thier funding and training directly from Iran?

Here is some help for you.
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

July 16 - In its report due next week, the September 11 commission will disclose new evidence suggesting Iranian government officials may have helped facilitate the terror attacks by providing Al Qaeda members with safe passage and “clean” passports as they traveled from Osama bin Laden’s training camps in Afghanistan through Iran, NEWSWEEK has learned.

www.nationalreview.com...

— German prosecutors now realize that Iran is a major center for al Qaeda, and they have identified roughly a dozen camps around Tehran where al Qaeda terrorists are taken care of by the Iranian Revolutionary Guards. These camps are part of an elaborate underground railroad: The terrorists and their families are moved out of Afghanistan and Pakistan into Iranian Baluchistan and then into Iran proper. From there they go by air or land either to Beirut or to Damascus (the State Department's "ally" in the war against terror), and then into the Bekka Valley of Lebanon to one of the legendary centers of Hezbollah terror, ein Hilweh. Once their training and phony identities are completed, they move on;

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
"Everybody gotta be someplace" (Myron Cohen)

The photo is inconclusive. I would wait for further 'expert' testimony on it's validity.

Given the politics of their new president-elect, I doubt he was just cutting class at Tehran U and caught up in a photo-opp however.

Was not the hostage taking after all just an Islamic fraternity prank gone awry?

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Ahmadinejad looks more like the guy on the right, imho.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join