It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Bush: Bloodshed in Iraq Is 'Worth It'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
In a speech to be delivered at Ft. Bragg to U.S. solders, President Bush is expected to acknowledge the human toll in Iraq, but also indicated that it is "worth it". The comments are part of the text of the speech released ahead of time to reporters. The administration has come under increasing political pressure from even within thier own party. Polls of the American people indicate a decline is support for the ongoing war.

news.yahoo. com
FORT BRAGG, N.C. - President Bush on Tuesday appealed for the nation's patience for "difficult and dangerous" work ahead in Iraq, hoping a backdrop of U.S. troops and a reminder of Iraq's revived sovereignty would help him reclaim control of an issue that has eroded his popularity.

In an evening address at an Army base that has 9,300 troops in Iraq, Bush was acknowledging the toll of the 27-month-old war. At the same time, he aimed to persuade skeptical Americans that his strategy for victory needed only time — not any changes — to be successful.

"Like most Americans, I see the images of violence and bloodshed. Every picture is horrifying and the suffering is real," Bush said, according to excerpts released ahead of time by the White House. "It is worth it."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Its not surprising here as we get conflicting announcements from administration officials on a daily basis. From Cheney's comments that its almost over to Donald "I put my foot in my mouth and chew on it" Rumsfield. I actually think Rumsfield was being realistic when he spoke of a decade long insurgency however. Nation building takes time especially in a volatile reason, and I have no issue with that. However, the administration need to be frank and honest and have a better plan than that which it is expressing at this time.

[edit on 29-6-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   
BULL#!!! All politicans lie but Bush seems pathologically incapable of not only telling the truth but accknowledging that he has made any mistakes at all. When you strip away all the blahblahblah from last night, the bastard didn't say a goddamn thing.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
"Like most Americans, I see the images of violence and bloodshed. Every picture is horrifying and the suffering is real," Bush said, according to excerpts released ahead of time by the White House. "It is worth it."

Like most Americans?
Having recently returned from another couple of weeks in the US, I would question just how much Iraqi violence and bloodshed is shown.
I don't recall ever seeing any scenes of bloodshed, not a single piece of film of the flag draped coffins arriving at Dover AFB, no footage of all the badly injured in Germany awaiting a flight home.
All we see, here in the UK too, is footage of the talking heads telling us all how much progress has been made and that the insurgents are losing...over and over and over again, when reports of shootings, bombings and mass death are almost a daily occurrence on our TV screens.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Why dosen't Bush tell the American public the real story for the war is Iraq.THe stargate.If you have read the 12th planet by sitchen then you would know the real deal.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by warthog911
Why dosen't Bush tell the American public the real story for the war is Iraq.THe stargate.If you have read the 12th planet by sitchen then you would know the real deal.

Yes, lets tell them about a so called stargate
hmmm....and tell them thats why we invaded Iraq

Define "real"...

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
What about all the Suffering Iraqi People?

I belive that the Suffering and the Sacrifices is Clearly Theirs, since most of the people dying are Iraqi people.

Well, I guess nobody asks them how they feel anyway...

As long as its a "Clear Path to Victory" and the Bloodshed is "Worth it!".

[edit on 29/6/05 by Souljah]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Bush is perfectly willing to spend YOUR tax dollars and OTHER PEOPLE'S lives on HIS war.

Gosh what a generous guy he is.

Exactly who is buying Bush's BS?

1/5th of a TRILLION dollars,
$Kah Ching$
2000 American lives,
$Kah Ching$
100,000 Iraqi lives,
$Kah Ching$
For WMDs?
*mutter, mutter, mutter*
For an orderly organized democracy in Iraq?
*mutter, mutter, mutter*

For . . . Haliburton?
*YEAH! for good ole Haliburton*
$Kah Ching$
$Kah Ching$
$Kah Ching$

Now everyone wave your made in China flags,
The red dye is made from Soldier's blood,
No sacrifice is too great for Bush's war profiteer partners & campaign contributors.
The buffet after will be serving soldier meatloaf.

Never mind that this limp wristed patriot deserted even from the safety of Florida during the Vietnam war, which he also so staunchly supported.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

Like most Americans?
Having recently returned from another couple of weeks in the US, I would question just how much Iraqi violence and bloodshed is shown.
I don't recall ever seeing any scenes of bloodshed, not a single piece of film of the flag draped coffins arriving at Dover AFB, no footage of all the badly injured in Germany awaiting a flight home.
All we see, here in the UK too, is footage of the talking heads telling us all how much progress has been made and that the insurgents are losing...over and over and over again, when reports of shootings, bombings and mass death are almost a daily occurrence on our TV screens.

You make a good point, we don't really see all that much blood & guts on U.S. TV. We hear about it, but that's not the same thing as seeing it.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
BULL#!!! All politicans lie but Bush seems pathologically incapable of not only telling the truth but accknowledging that he has made any mistakes at all. When you strip away all the blahblahblah from last night, the bastard didn't say a goddamn thing.

Well let's just hope they americans might finally wake up, instead of saying bush is the next jesus christ. I'm just praying the whole immature name calling will cease, like when people hoohahh when bush won and they stuck it in other people's faces. I'm just hoping that a new age will come, were we ban stupid people from running in office, and stupid people following them. How the hell do we think we got hitler in office?

edit: spell check

[edit on 29-6-2005 by malakiem]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Worth all the Stocks we Sold!

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I have some questions for those who say "It was worth it."

Have you ever woken to the dull rumble of explosions in the distance?
Have you cracked the crusty salt-stains on your uniform as you donned it for another day in the sun?
Have you ever gone five months without talking to a single family member?
Have your muscles learned to load an M-16 without conscious thought?
Have you felt the blast furnace heat of a summer day roll through the open door as you patrol the back alleys of an adobe slum?
Have you laughed with your teammates at sights that should give a grown man nightmares?
Have you grown to trust that feeling of "something ain't right"?
Have you felt the beetle-buzz of an AK round passing overhead?
Have you heard the sudden silence and low ringing in your ears following your first outgoing rifle round?
Have you raised a hand to shade your face from the heat of a humvee in flames?
Have you seen a soldier's eyes turn marble-dull as his life retreats?
Have you ever seen the crimson splash of blood in the floorboards of a humvee?
Have you listened to the steady voice of an NCO over the company net as reads the roster numbers for each WIA and KIA?
Have you ever stood at attention during the roll call for departed comrades?
Have you ever stood next to your wife in the kitchen as she sobs at the news of another deployment order?

Protecting our great nation is worth many sacrifices. Make sure you know those sacrifices before you judge their worth.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Possum Sandwich
Protecting our great nation is worth many sacrifices. Make sure you know those sacrifices before you judge their worth.

Are you sure that the President of Your Great Nation is Worth all those Sacrifices?

Was it really "Worth It" even if You were Lied to?

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
He can't say,
'sorry world it was a mistake and we have basically ruined every thing'
I think if he did the army will try to overthrow him and he will get mobbed by people.
He will need to do some good business partnerships with iraq to get his money back. He is vertually investing in building a new country, Who for? The world or America. The return of Babylon as in the times of ancient past, thats the scary thing prophecy will be fullfilled.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I have some questions for those who say "It was worth it."

I can answer yes to many, if not most, of those questions. I'd say that freedom is worth the price. Those who feel otherwise can choose from a multitude of nations to which they can move where they won't enjoy the freedom we have in America and where there is still plenty of bloodshed.

[edit on 2005/6/29 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Are you sure that the President of Your Great Nation is Worth all those Sacrifices?

Was it really "Worth It" even if You were Lied to?

You're insulting a lot of people, Souljah. As much as people like you want Americans to believe we were lied to, it just ain't true. There are plenty of liars to be found. The President of the United States is not one of them.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Worth all the Stocks we Sold!

War is good for some businesses, Souljah. Nobody needs you to tell us that. Do you have to be psychic to come up with all these monumentally obvious ideas of revelations of yours?

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Of course it's worth it, just look at that chart.

Now, on the other hand, if it was the blood of the Bush gang that was being spilled, I think the consensus in that camp would be different.

Only one way to find out, give that man and his kin rifles, and dump 'em in a fire base in Iraq.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This morning in my workplace I saw something I'd never seen before - guys talking about Bush. This is a tile setting company. It's very blue collar.

Everyone to a man (and one woman) said the best move would be to get out now. We did our job there, no WMDs, who gives a crap what happens because the bottom line they don't want us, and it's not worth the lives of our troops.

We have one guy in the Guard and we're all praying they don't call him over there. It's simply not worth it.

There are limits to power, yes even US power. Invade a country with 175,000 guys? No problem for us. Hold that country and install a government? It's not possible without turning medieval and just killing 10% or more of the population.

Our guys and girls are sitting ducks over there. Get them the hell out, now. This war is stupid.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Yes Possum Sandwich I have (everything except the humvee stuff).

What was the point of all that? The only thing I could get from it is your feeling the president wouldn't know one way or the other--did I get that right? I also kind of got the feeling (even though you never said so) that you did not think it was worth it. If I got that part right, let me ask you why didn't you think it was worth it? Please don't answer with someone else's words, I would really like to hear your personal opinions. I'm assuming--rightly I hope--that you have been to Iraq and have been in combat.

[edit on 29-6-2005 by Astronomer68]

[edit on 29-6-2005 by Astronomer68]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Bah.

The only thing it's "worth" is a few megatons of America's finest processed uranium. Glass the desert, send in ground forces to clean up, with Windex. No actual bloodshed, everything's vaporized.

Go to war to win, or don't go at all. Use everything and anything to win, at any cost, quickly, with minimal casualties to your own people and maximum to your enemy. Anything less isn't "war", it's politics. Like the Soviets in Afghanistan and America and France in Vietnam before, or the British in the Falklands, or the Seven Days' War, or Iran vs. Iraq. If you stop before the enemy is flattened, begging to surrender, kissing your victorious bum, then you didn't give it your all, and didn't need to fight in the first place.

"limited" warfare and "police actions" are the worst political tools ever.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join