It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Bush: Bloodshed in Iraq Is 'Worth It'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by malakiem
Well let's just hope they americans might finally wake up, instead of saying bush is the next jesus christ. I'm just praying the whole immature name calling will cease, like when people hoohahh when bush won and they stuck it in other people's faces. I'm just hoping that a new age will come, were we ban stupid people from running in office, and stupid people following them. How the hell do we think we got hitler in office?

edit: spell check

[edit on 29-6-2005 by malakiem]

Are you from Germany? If you are, do you even know how Hitler got into office?
Here in the U.S., I've never heard anyone say, either directly or indirectly, that President Bush was the 2nd coming of Jusus Christ. I'll agree with your contention there was a lot of name calling--by both sides. If you have friends who "stuck it in other people's faces" then I think perhaps you should get new firends. That is not something mature, responsible people do. As far as banning stupid people from running for office, I would say go get them boy. However, I believe the process we use effectively prevents a stupid person from getting elected, at least to high office. As far as stupid people following someone, well I don't believe we can prevent that and I certainly don't think we can prevent either ignorant or stupid people from blathering on about things they know very little about--it's called Democracy.

[edit on 29-6-2005 by Astronomer68]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Another admonition, this is the News Forum guys, Decorum.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astronomer68
Yes Possum Sandwich I have (everything except the humvee stuff).

What was the point of all that? The only thing I could get from it is your feeling the president wouldn't know one way or the other--did I get that right? I also kind of got the feeling (even though you never said so) that you did not think it was worth it. If I got that part right, let me ask you why didn't you think it was worth it? Please don't answer with someone else's words, I would really like to hear your personal opinions. I'm assuming--rightly I hope--that you have been to Iraq and have been in combat.

Actually, my personal belief is that the war will result in a better Iraq over the long term. We have given the Iraqis the tools for success, and how they use those tools is up to them.

My point was not to demean President Bush, but rather to show that there is a great deal of pain, suffering, and cost behind the phrase "It was worth it."

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Thank you. I'm certainly glad to hear how you feel about it.

I too think the situation will get better over time. It would be a real shame to see the U.S. pull out without completing the job. Then the effort would not have been worth it. I wish some others could see that the war in Iraq is not about president Bush and his cabinet. America the country is engaged in Iraq whether we like it or not and we, as a country, simply can't afford to send the rest of the world the message that we'll quit whenever the job is tough. A great number of our forefathers gave their lives in the name of freedom & democracy. Surely we can pull together and see this thing through to bring freedom & democracy to Iraq.

Perhaps one day the Iraqi's can help show others the path to freedom and democracy and show others the old ways of tyranny & hate are counterproductive to the good of themselves, their countrymen, and the rest of humanity.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I certianly mean to demean that self-righteous, scantimonious, arrogant, ignorant son-of-a-bitch!!! Stop deluding yourselves, of course the war in Iraq is about Bush and his administation, we wouldn't be there if it weren't for that bastard and his chicken-hawk (I had other priorities) vice-president and assorted corporate gangsters. This whole damn mess is going to blow up and when it does, it's not going to be pretty...I predict a full-blown civil war in Iraq by the end of that bugger's (and that is not to say anything bad about buggers) second term, and we are going to be stuck right in the middle. AND that bastard will never admit he made any mistakes.........If Clinton deserved impeachment for lying about a blow-job what the hell does bush and his cronies deserve? I maintain impeachment for dragging this country into an unnecessary war (I will give him afghanistan) based on known lies should be just the beginning, after that a grand jury, prosocution and hard jail time.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
You're insulting a lot of people, Souljah. As much as people like you want Americans to believe we were lied to, it just ain't true. There are plenty of liars to be found. The President of the United States is not one of them.

I have Insulted Nobody - Your Genious of a President and his Wonderful Administration are doing that just fine.

I am really sorry for all the Young Men and Women who have to Die for this kind of "presidental decision".

I hope someday you will see this thru my Eyes.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
War is good for some businesses, Souljah. Nobody needs you to tell us that. Do you have to be psychic to come up with all these monumentally obvious ideas of revelations of yours?

No, Sir I am not Psychic.

It doesnt take too much Time to Find Frauds, Lies and Corruption linked to this War.

I am sorry, but do not kill the Messenger, Sir.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
If George Bush was on live tv and told me it was raining outside, even if I was standing next to him, I'd have trouble believing him. I'd find it hard to trust George Bush to cross the raod with a paper bag when the wind was blowing. If you watch the speech again, right at the end when every1 applauded, he actually looked surprised by it. What? They're applauding? Well, thank you! Thank you very much... thank you, thanks,... It's not worth it - if I was an American i'd rather vote for a jar of peanut butter than George Bush

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   

America the country is engaged in Iraq whether we like it or not and we, as a country, simply can't afford to send the rest of the world the message that we'll quit whenever the job is tough. A great number of our forefathers gave their lives in the name of freedom & democracy. Surely we can pull together and see this thing through to bring freedom & democracy to Iraq.

To 68: That is the type of mentallity that this administration feeds on. No logic is needed, blind trust, "If we back down, we say we are wrong. Can't have that". :shk:

To the rest of the board, last warning, this is the News Forum, treat it with respect. Warns to follow.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It saddens me to see the rhetoric posted on this thread. We're coming up on the 4th of July, Independence Day, a day that celebrates the birth of freedom and democracy in America. A day that seems to have lost much of its significance and meaning over the years. Our country's very motto: "United We Stand, Divided We Fall" is not just a motto, it's the basic underlying principal that made America a great country. Have we as a nation become so divided, so fractured & polarized, that we've forgotten what got us here to begin with? Men and Women of all ethnic roots have proven to the world that they can live in peace & harmony, that they can achieve great things together and that Democracy works.

Jointly we elected President Bush to lead us, jointly we responded to the henious attack on America and jointly we went to war in Afganistan and Iraq. Our young men & women are still over there striving to do those things we sent them there to do. If you go there and ask those young men & women if they believe what they are doing is worth their sacrifices they invariably say yes. Are we to believe they have all been lied to, misled and brainwashed? Those young men & women are not naive or stupid, on the contrary, they are, for the most part, smart, well educated, thinking individuals who truely believe that what they are doing is the right thing to do. Imagine how it must grieve them to see the stories in the news, to hear that they are engaged in Vietnam II, that President Bush & his "henchmen" lied to them, that they are oppressors--or worse. They obviously don't believe these things or they wouldn't keep saying they believe they are doing the right thing.

Could it be they see things we don't? Hear things we don't? Could it be they are making progress in bringing freedom and democracy to Iraq? Could, God forbid, the rhetoric I see on this site be wrong? Those are our young men and women over there and they deserve every ounce of support & encouragement we can give them. United We Stand, Divided We Fall.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
What would you have us do Intrepid? Pack up & leave things just as they are now? Restore Saddam to power, then leave? What kind of message would that send to the troops or the friends, relatives and loved ones who have lost someone there or had them come home crippled?

I did not say "If we back down, we say we are wrong," or even imply that. What I said is that we would send the world a message that we'll quit if the going gets tough and I don't think we want to do that for many logical reasons.

If my posts display "blind trust" and a lack of logic the administration feeds on then I hope they make a good meal of it. And to Grover, if this & my last post makes me a sanctamonious SOB then I'm happy to be one.

[edit on 2-7-2005 by Astronomer68]

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Are you from Germany? If you are, do you even know how Hitler got into office?

He was legitimately elected within a representative democracy much like our own, and then created terror, which he succeffully blamed on others, to become a de facto dictator.

But back to the topic at hand. Is the bloodshed worth it? I suppose you would have to define what "it" is first. As best I can tell, there is no measurable benefit from this war.

Another question that should also be asked is whether or not the 1/2 million Iraqis who died as a result of sanctions was "worth it".

"No", is the answer to both of these questions.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
FredT.. something tell's me there's something more to being there, not being announced publically.

Dallas

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The biggest question I have for Mr. Bush is this: If the war is so 'worth it,' and you're encouraging young people to sign up for the military, what have you told Barb and Jenna to do? Are they enlisting as we speak?

Didn't think so.

<< 1   >>

join