It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam and Eve's many children?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by prubaby2214
So why dont you SIT DOWN and READ IT before you start making assumptions. another thinig it says in the bible that ADAM AND EVE were the first humans on Earth. It says that God made man from the dirt and that he made woman from mans rib. read the bible and the come back and try to have a foot to stand on before making ASSUMPTIONS!

Sorry...

Man from dirt and Woman derived from the rib thereof... not buying it. Never have. Never will.

For those who choose such a belief and or path... so be it. I cast no ill will.

While I do believe in a higher power, I personally feel that It resounds in All of Us, Individually.

Not so much a "golden rule", but... IT would make a difference in How this big rock spins 'round, in my opinion.

$.02

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
iv thought about this to before and it means that through the i think it goes something like Cain killed Abil and so that means Cain had sex with his mum

and so even if Ev and Cain had a daughter either Adam would have to have sex with her or his son would have sex with his own daughter and so on and hundreds of years of incest sex to get a few hundred people

which means we are now all having incest sex witrh eachother right now

[edit on 9-12-2007 by Dark_Ace]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
No... Cain killed his brother, they both had families or something according to the Bible. Then something happened.
Apparently Cain then went and lived with some other people. I dunno, the more i pay attention to this subject the more confused I get.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Aha there was just a lot of begetting going on

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Striker122
Its said that Adam and Eve were the first humans to walk the earth. If Im wrong about that please correct me.

At no time in no place did it say Adam and Eve was the first humans to walk the earth. It's a common enough mistake. It says they were the first perfected humans.

Check out Urantia Book for more info then you can shake a stick at.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Adam and Eve was the first Man and Women. When they were created they didn't know right from wrong. Which is really the meaning of SIN. knowing right from wrong. Satan convinced Eve that the fruit from the forbidden tree will make them like God. Knowing Good and Evil. This open there eyes to the activities that were already doing. Which they enjoyed so much, making love....Touching each others private...walking naked in the sun. these perfect beautiful specimens were now ashamed of these fantastic sexy bodies. You all know how fantastic it would be to make love to all the beautiful women and men you please without judging right from wrong. no conscience in the background telling you its wrong you should not do it. then you do it and you feel so guilty because you did it even when you know its wrong. Well all these things that we now cant do was clean before you were given the option to judge.

we should Hate satan for taking that pleasure away from us. I honestly love to see a naked beautiful women. I will to make love to her. just because I am attracted to her. but I can't because I know its wrong.

Now if sin was poison it takes time in the system before it is fully infected. Sin as been passed through Adam and eves bloodline, generation after generation. Getting Darker and Darker. Look at the centuries and watch as the moral bar is dropping. genetics.....Adam and Eve was perfect in DNA. they used to live up to average 800yrs no 55yrs. thats you gauge of reduced DNA strands and gene pool. Sin in the Blood stream.

The carbon dating process as failed more tests imaginable. The earth is around 6000 yrs old. fact. predictions in the bible are coming thru right now,....watch the news. price of bread,..lack of resouces, oil, grain, milk,.electricity, saphire, diamonds, food,...inflation..electronic money(one world currency) Goverments. these are international problems. the big bang was a joke when one astrologist teased another now we idiots take it seriously. it was suggested when they assumed the sun was the centre of the universe. now its discovered that the sun is not the centre but ony the centre of our solar system. whats the new theory? Now is the big bang now a string of pop pops. what ever the reasoning these heavenly bodies was placed in purpose. with accurate calculation. Nothing random and chaotic like an explosion. fireworks are calculated to display its glory its just not dumped in there expecting it to work. so why take away God Glory and magnificents of Hs work. After 6000yrs we have bearly scratched the surface of the universe,....are we going to insult our self further by saying we were here longer than that in 160 000 000 and only discovered the wheel in the last 1000yrs

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Its not that cmplicated.
The Bible does not say when Cain took a wife. It could have been before he killed Able or after. It could have been before we went to dwell in the land of Nod or after.
Regardless of his marital status, the Bible indicates that Adam & Eve had other sons and daughters besides Able Cain & Seth.
(Gen 5:4) And the days of Adam after his fathering Seth came to be eight hundred years. Meanwhile he became father to sons and daughters.

Cain took one of his sisters, pehaps even a niece, as his wife.
The Bible does not elaborate on this point. Perhaps some of Cain's anonymous brothers & sisters had already taken up residence in the Land of Nod.

Interestingly, the Bible also does not reveal how long he lived in Nod before his wife became pregnant. Weeks? Months? Years? Who knows?

There is no need to invent a seperate group of people, unrelated to Adam & Eve and their children, living in Nod.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk1walker
Adam and Eve was the first Man and Women. When they were created they didn't know right from wrong. Which is really the meaning of SIN. knowing right from wrong.

They knew right from wrong because God had already told them what was acceptable and what was not.

Their "knowing" right from wrong infers far more than simple knowlege. It means choosing for themselves what is right & wrong regardles of any restrictions God may have given them.

The Bible makes it clear that Adam was not deceived by the Satans lies.

He willfully chose to reject the standards given to him by God. Eve knew it was wrong to partake of the fruit. Her initial answer made it clear that she was not ignorant of this divine restriction. Her greed and her desire for self determination caused her to rebel against God.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

At no time in no place did it say Adam and Eve was the first humans to walk the earth. It's a common enough mistake. It says they were the first perfected humans.

I respectfully disagree with that statement. In Acts 17 Paul said that all of mankind sprang from one man.

(Acts 17:25-27) . . .. 26 And he made out of one [man] every nation of men, to dwell upon the entire surface of the earth, and he decreed the appointed times and the set limits of the dwelling of [men], 27 for them to seek God, if they might grope for him and really find him, although, in fact, he is not far off from each one of us.

Then in 1 Corinthians it clearly identifies this first man as Adam.

(1 Corinthians 15:45) 45 It is even so written: “The first man Adam became a living soul.” . . .

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I have read quite a bit from people who can not believe we could possibly all spawn from just 2 humans. Well if you accept evolution then you believe that eveything spawned from just one form of life. As evolutionists say, DNA proves we are all related by a common ancestor. This includes plants and animals. How the hell did the original form of life have enough genetic material to spawn every living thing on the planet?

I think I will stick to God created everything seperately and we all decend from the first of our kinds. In our case, Adam and Eve.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Its said that Adam and Eve were the first humans to walk the earth.

I believe this is a huge misconception because that's not even close to how the bible reads . . .

Sixth Day: G*d created man(kind) in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Seventh Day: God ended his work which he had made; and he rested

THEN, LATER he creates Adam and Eve. Different humans than the ones created on the sixth day.

?
?

interesting web page if anyone's interested.

theforgottentruth.webs.com...

[edit on 9/4/2008 by JPhish]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Didn't scientists study mitochondrial rna (dna?) from various people around the world, and come to the conclusion that everyone descends from one female, which they promptly named "Eve"? This was 2 or 3 years ago, if I am not mistaken.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Yup - Mitochondrial Eve is her name, and her name was chosen as a joke, not by people who actually think she's the biblical Eve. She doesn't fit in with the biblical account as she wasn't the only human around then - there were plenty of others, and plenty of guys, too. She lived about 140,000 years ago in eastern Africa. To quote the most venerable Wikipedia (hehe):

The existence of Mitochondrial Eve and Y-chromosomal Adam does not imply the existence of population bottlenecks or a first couple. They each may have lived within a large human population at a different time.

So she's not evidence in support of the biblical account of human creation, actually quite the opposite.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
If one believes that human developed from other animals (say ape for example), it is of course certain to one, that there is a common ancestors to them all.

But I'd like to remind those that straighthandedly bash Genesis story in bible, that is merely allegorical and methaporical. Adam and Eve are not even humans. I am sure that most of you won't even understand this, but it is okay, for eventually you will. It is highly propable that Genesis (and few other books in bible) are highly coded and were meant understandable only to those initiated.

Today this information is revealed to everyone who wants to hear it; whom has ears, listen! Of course there will always be those that won't just understand. I'm not even sure if I understand. Ask and thy will receive, knock and thy shall be opened. To me it appears that human race is in degeneration in general for these teachings in bible are totally misunderstood and taken literally, but perhaps the church and their representatives are to blame for that.

Do you really think that people few hundred (or more) years ago couldn't think? Do you really think that philosophers of past didn't understand old gnostic and alchemical texts? They did. Adam and Eve doesn't refer to two different individuals. They are merely two properties of same entity, they are the masculine and feminine; matter and will. We are literally living shallow times. People think everything they see is what they see. They read something and they think that they know what they just read even tho they don't have a clue. Well, I just gave you the clue (which previously was given to me). I have said enough, rest is up to you.

Sincerely,

-v

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Its said that Adam and Eve were the first humans to walk the earth. If Im wrong about that please correct me. What I want to know is,
did Adam and Eve really produce the first human baby, if they did, then how did their children get children? Did they have intercourse with their siblings? How could Adam and Eve, including their children, produce their own children at such a short period of time, how could two people be able to start a large human population of over 6 billion?

Where did Cain go and marry after he was banished from the garden? You see, many religions who utilize the Bible seem to neglect this story. There WERE other people on the earth at this time. This is WHY the story of Adam and Eve are false as they are taught in Christian churches.

However, I have seen other interesting theories on this. That the term Adam could have meant an entire culture and term Eve could have referred to yet another. You see though, the religious faithful will simply ignore the scientific facts that a single father, Adam and a single mother, Eve COULD NOT have produced enough viable offspring to fill the planet.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by dariousg]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
ok first of all why do we all need to know how we got here?... We're here and that's all that matters... God created Adam and Eve and they had children... And if that means we are ALL incest then thats wat we are... Your here because of the mating of brothers and sisters be glad your here at all...

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry too much about it, regardless. I don't believe in the stuff really, but it doesn't bug me in the slightest that others want to. Religion's a best guess, modern science another, who can claim with absolute confidence knowledge of human origin?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join