It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China attacking Taiwan just a distraction????

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
i dont think that China and Russia would risk it... i dont think that they would attack the U.S.A

and uh while im at it how come i cant change my background color and text color???
i set it to black and yellow and it just wont work... please dont answer on this thread just U2U me thnx

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by russiankid

Originally posted by NotheRaGe
Why would the chinese attack the russian? Take over the waste land of Siberia?

wasteland??? wastleand?!?!?! they have oil and do u know how many secret bases are in Siberia??? they coud have TESLA's tech and everything if they would get Siberia

hmm...most likely. But before the chinese paratroopers can takeover these bases they will be self-destroyed. Heard of scorched earth?

Maybe the chinese needs land for its population, but i dun see why china choose siberia over mongolia. Maybe the chinese leaders want to build a resort for themselves on the urals? And the underequipped chinese troops will die with their arse frozen like the germans in wwll. And i think the russian dun care a bit about raining beijing with a barrage of ICBM tipped with nuclear warhead. So dun worry about the chinese planting their "5 stars red flag" on the red square.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   

russiankid:wasteland??? wastleand?!?!?! they have oil and do u know how many secret bases are in Siberia??? they coud have TESLA's tech and everything if they would get Siberia

Have you been playing too much Red Alert 2? lol

BadMojo: Actually, China invading Taiwan would more than likely be a ploy to draw MORE of our troops (which we don't have) away from home. Our government has pledged to defend Taiwan from a Chinese invasion. This is the point where Russia AND China would seize the opportunity to invade the US (from Cuba, Mexico, and the west coast). With our troops spread so thin across the globe, we would have next to nil as far as a military response. We can't nuke our own soil...

By the time a boot on US soil there will be 300 million americans arm to the teeth lol, good thing we have free to bear arms lol

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
In the prophecy section of ats I've read about China taking Russia. Actually, Japan and China will together invade Russia, Japan taking the northern part.

But before this, Russia will take Turkey and the rest of the middle-east area. Not very likely, is it? The Russian army is busy after all...

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
busy or not... if they will get attacked then they will be pushed back into Russia... and then get mad and do what they did in WWII
and maybe gain some new teritory

... so who thinks that there is going to be a WWIII out of this???

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Russia's nuclear arsenal and superpower military?
I think not most of their arsenal was just hollow tubes used to scare America in the cold war the military admitted to that. Russia is weak and China is going through an industrial revolution Russia would be crushed by the largest military in in the world the Chinese can defeat anyone also they have nukes too. The Asian countries are too powerful for America or Russia to handle. America could easily be defeated right now.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
russia said that they are ready to nuke the U.S.A in any time during the cold war and i dont think that they were bluffing

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Some point’s I’d like to add…

Size of armies (China Vs. Russia) is moot:

The problem I see is with the notion that having 10x more troops is considered a “good” thing on the modern battlefield. Heck, even the Romans knew that statistic was crap. Roman legions (around 10,000 men) regularly beat much larger less organized armies…in some cases they slaughtered them. For example: Battle of Watling Street where 10,000 to 12,000 roman soldiers faced off against 300,000 enemy combatants…and routed them…400-1000 Romans vs. 80,000 enemy casualties.

So we really need to examine other factors:

Remember that the three biggest things to wining a war are logistics, logistics and logistics. I’ll add command and control to that list because of it’s importance in the modern era of combat.

Russia and China both have pathetic supply systems. If china needs to throw 2,000,000 soldiers at Russia they have to feed them, supply them and take care of medical needs. Whatever you may think of China’s “Economy” (which, mark my words, is flimsier than the plotline of a Buckheimer(sp) flick) can sustain such an attack but it cannot. The initial attack would stall like a pinto at an Amtrak crossing. Expect each poor Chinese soldier to be armed with a bowl of rice and 5 rounds of ammo, like the Korean war.

Russia can’t get fresh food to their capital on a reasonably reliable basis so sending munitions and supplies to support sustained modern combat is probably not gonna be much more successful.

However, I’ll give the edge to Russia as they have a lot more experience in actually supplying a large modern force over long distances than China.

Command and Control. This is where it all falls apart for both nations. Communist militaries work nothing like their western counterparts when it comes to C&C. Political officers outrank most field commanders and have about as much military tactical training as Michael Moore. They are fanatic propagandists and they are a fatal flaw in any highly paranoid and centrally controlled military structure.

Because the Russians have opened up a bit more than their Chinese counterparts and because they have had to manage a 1 on 1 cold war with western powers for 50 years I’ll give Russia a (very) slight edge. In any case, expect a shocking large bloodbath due to a series of tactical mistakes.

Summary

Chinese will penetrate about 100-200 miles before their troops are slaughtered wholesale. The Russian counter attack will re-define the Chinese / Russian border but they also will stall somewhere inside China. Would probably turn into a NK/SK type armistice with China losing somewhere around a 2-3 million soldiers before it’s over.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
so ur saying that if China attacks Russia then China will win??? i dont get what u said

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Please see my summary:

Chinese will penetrate about 100-200 miles before their troops are slaughtered wholesale. The Russian counter attack will re-define the Chinese / Russian border but they also will stall somewhere inside China. Would probably turn into a NK/SK type armistice with China losing somewhere around a 2-3 million soldiers before it’s over.

Basically...Russia will gain some land but both forces would be badly mauled.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Oh and Soviet Power get's eaten alive by Yuri.....

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
lol u play yuris revenge???... so basicly no1 will win if they fight?

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Doctor
Russia's nuclear arsenal and superpower military?
I think not most of their arsenal was just hollow tubes used to scare America in the cold war the military admitted to that. Russia is weak and China is going through an industrial revolution Russia would be crushed by the largest military in in the world the Chinese can defeat anyone also they have nukes too. The Asian countries are too powerful for America or Russia to handle. America could easily be defeated right now.

Taking over a big country like Russia would be insane hard. And if you think China can take USA right now why don't they invade taiwan already? The only way the US can be defeated is by the inside, military action againist US is fatal.

lol u play yuris revenge???... so basicly no1 will win if they fight?

I have that game! That was the First Command and Conquer game i have play and since then i never get tired of C&C games. Rigth now i am playing Command an dConquer Generals! generals is like RA2:Yuri Revenge but many times better. And the sides are a bil different too. you have China, USA, and GLA. USA is my favor army!
As for RA2 i like the allies side, yuri side suke
, the soviets side is ok

[edit on 29-6-2005 by ulshadow]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
i cant find a copy ov that game in the stores... im dying to get it...
-
and if anybody here thinks that Russias nuclear arsenal is just a bunch ov empty tubes then that porsen is crazy

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Now what if it's the other way round. China attacks Taiwan by surprise and engaged in a fierce war with US and allies. More and more men are drawn fron the north and east of China, and the defense will be weak on the border with Russia. Will Russia take the advantage and declare themselves on the Allies side and start a second front on their border. Worst, US and Allies planes can use Russian airfields, and bomb the last main communist power into oblivion.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by russiankid
i cant find a copy ov that game in the stores... im dying to get it...
-
and if anybody here thinks that Russias nuclear arsenal is just a bunch ov empty tubes then that porsen is crazy

Don't get it now it's not even worth it to get it by itself. it cost like $10 dollars (for Red Strike which is both yuri revenge and RA2) Get C&C Generals, it's a really good game, better than RA2

The thing with russian nukes is that they don't know where they are, they got so much of nukes they keep losing nukes for some reason, their nuclear arsenal is not incaple of lunching attacks it's just in disarrly after the fall of the soviet union in 1991

i don't know why i did that... weird

[edit on 30-6-2005 by ulshadow]

ed to fix BB quote code

[edit on 30-6-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotheRaGe
Now what if it's the other way round. China attacks Taiwan by surprise and engaged in a fierce war with US and allies. More and more men are drawn fron the north and east of China, and the defense will be weak on the border with Russia. Will Russia take the advantage and declare themselves on the Allies side and start a second front on their border. Worst, US and Allies planes can use Russian airfields, and bomb the last main communist power into oblivion.

intersing think there hehe, i like it. I don't think russia will ever declare themselves on the allies side unless thye get attack like back in WWII when germany attacks russia and russia go on the allies side. espically when there is a big distrust between the russian people and the United States people. and i thought Russia is the main communist power?

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
communism is dead!
and this time i think that Russia will be the bad guys... hehehe

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I don't think the Chinese are likely to initaite any conflict with Russia, if anything, fear of US hegemony is driving the two former rivals back into an alliance.

I wouldn't expect the Japanese or Australians to come to Taiwan's defense either BTW. The relationship between Taiwan and Japan is not exactly cozy, and the Australians aren't likely to make an enemy of China if they have a choice. The only nation hubris-afflicted enough to willingly take on China is the US.

And, when it comes to it, are our leaders really willing to trade San Diego for Taipei? I have my doubts. If you look at our track record, we only tend to pick fights with people who can't fight back.

[edit on 6/30/05 by xmotex]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Your missing the news from the last few days!

President Hu Jintao arrived in Moscow yesterday on an official visit, and is expected to join his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putin, in stating commitment to a new, just and rational world order.

The two leaders, who begin talks today, will also back a bigger role for the United Nations?in world politics, sources at Zhongnanhai and the Kremlin said.

The leaders will exchange views on crucial international issues, with their opinions to be reflected in a Joint Declaration on World Order in the 21st Century, which the two presidents will sign after their talks.

"China is willing to deepen political mutual trust, enhance strategic co-ordination and promote substantial co-operation between the two countries," Hu said yesterday in a written statement released at Beijing Capital International Airport before the start of his four-day visit.

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

Moscow, Jun 30 (Prensa Latina) The Defense Ministry confirmed Thursday that Russian and Chinese officers will carry out in August the first full-scale military maneuver "Friendship 2005."

According to the ministry´s spokespeople, before the drills, both governments will sign an agreement on the statute of their respective armed forces, which were analyzed during a visit by Russian Defense Minister Serguei Ivanov to Beijing in December.

Russia will be represented by 3,000 members of the Air Force, Airborne Troops and the Navy, while China will send some 5,000 soldiers and officials.

The announcement of the military exercise coincided with Chinese President Hu Jintao´s arrival in Moscow today.

www.plenglish.com...

MOSCOW — Russia and China warned other nations Friday against attempts to dominate global affairs and interfere in the domestic issues of sovereign nations in what appeared to be a veiled expression of their irritation with U.S. policy.

Presidents Vladimir Putin and Hu Jintao signed a joint declaration after two days of talks calling for a stronger United Nations role in global affairs and opposing attempts "to impose models of social and political development from outside."

The two leaders also urged other states to renounce "striving for monopoly and domination in international affairs and attempts to divide nations into leaders and those being led."

While the declaration did not identify any specific country, it echoed similar veiled hints by Moscow and Beijing about U.S. policy in global affairs.

www.usatoday.com...

I hate to say it folks, but this is exactly what I saw in my war dreams since the 1990's. This meeting, those agreements they are signing, the anti-US rhetoric and a Russia/China lead New World Order is a direct hit to those visions. This is the NWO and the Antichrist will come up out of this.

This is a tactical move on their part and they would be doing this if they were not fully ready.

Expect Russia and China to continue to speak out in the international communities against US policy. They will speak freedom and peace and promote a global system and many will like what they hear.

Let's pray N. Korea doesn't try to take advantage of this announcement from Russia and China and/or let's pray they are not already using N. Korea.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join