It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major power outage hits New York, other large cities!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It was the little lue bouncy ball from Men in Black!!!

No seriously... I think it's just machinery problems, or something natural... No terrorism...

Some countries in Europe were close to having a black out earlier this week...

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Oil refineries went nuts around here. My power flickered on and off a few times, but two streets down and entire block is still out. Traffic lights out to.

Anyways, great time to smuggle what you want in, people on planes will be to worried about all this bs to worry about some guy with bombs or whatnot.

Also, the east coast was hit, midwest was hit, even Canuck land. What the heck? Are all the grids really hooked up to such a large area????

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The people in New York seem to be handling themselves quite well.

If the power is off after dark it may be a different story.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I certainly hope you all have not forgotten that 'power outages' were also reported prior to 9/11, too....hmm, lets see....

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
I certainly hope you all have not forgotten that 'power outages' were also reported prior to 9/11, too....hmm, lets see....

regards
seekerof

I didn't know that...interesting.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

regards
seekerof

very interesting, Canada blame lightening for black out btw

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RogueTrooper

Originally posted by dragonrider
Any reports from anyone else about how far reaching this thing is?

seems to be spreading but nothing realy confirmed .... HAARP is one of your areas isnt it DR? some one posted increased HAARP activity but i cant rem who, whats your take on that?

The HAARP profile today is a bit different than what I had been seeing when I posted the HAARP, Terrorism, and the next 3 days thread.

Resolute Bay (which is very near the Poker Flats installation) is rather active, and Anchorage has been appearing and disappearing for a couple of days (which it did back before 911). The rest have been fairly flatline (which is consistent with pre 911), except for Talkeenta, which dropped its black trace offscale low at about the same time all this took place...

I would keep my guard up if I was in the affected area... or anywhere else for that matter.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Keep in mind, in the 70s, there was a "cascading power failure" over 7 states, due to a defective circuit breaker... however, most utility companies learned from this little fiasco, and have installed safeguards.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
Keep in mind, in the 70s, there was a "cascading power failure" over 7 states, due to a defective circuit breaker... however, most utility companies learned from this little fiasco, and have installed safeguards.

I just heard about that on CBS (God bless dan rather) this is supposed to be about the same area and causes.

BTW...All land telephone lines are working.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 06:50 PM
link   
i just noticed, there is a HELL of a lot of people walking across those bridges, if something hit them they wouldn't have a chance.
Pres is in San Diego
VP is in Wyoming.

DHS announcement will follow...

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Why has there been no statement from the prez? If this was in the uk Blair would be all over it like a bad smell, so why no statement from Bush?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 06:56 PM
link   
There is a possibility he is hanging out in NORAD right now...

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
UK flights to north america have been stopped

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Department of Homeland (IN)Security will be making an announcement shortly.

update... "We're in the game and FEMA has its DC, Chicago and NY teams READY TO GO"

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I do seem to remember that he went AWOL during the last national crisis the US had to endure .... strange that, dont you think?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 07:01 PM
link   
FEMA! and i wonder what they are "ready" to do?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The power outages are all along the great lakes borders with the USA!!!

This could be a perfect time for terrorist to move weapons over the border!!!

DR welcome back. The western NY area is out of power sporadicly. My small town fire dept has for the first time ever in my memory sent fire police to the neighboring small city. This is maybe a test of things to come?

I hope hazmat is ready. I'm a fireman by the way;.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The news just said as darkness is starting to fall officials are going to put a curfew into effect.
Also, some (but few) areas are getting power back.

[Edited on 15-8-2003 by Hyperspace]

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Yeah i heard 9.30 EST

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 07:54 PM
link   
ALso heard that water in NYC will run out in 1 hour!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join