It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major power outage hits New York, other large cities!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Toronto is in chaos too, just looking at the pictures from the bbc live now.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The Presidents address was taped!!!!!!

CBS just said we're recieving the tapes and will be broadcasting them soon.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Velocity
The Presidents address was taped!!!!!!

CBS just said we're recieving the tapes and will be broadcasting them soon.

I'm at work (and so haven't been watching the TV)... So, forgive my ignorance, but are you saying that Bush just made an anouncement, but that it was pre-taped.... that is, are you implying that a 'setup' on the scale of a WITD conspiracy has occured here?

AF1

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Well if his address was taped, where is he now?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Taped!!!! your joking!
this is to wierd.....

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The President is in a "hotel" and will be holding a live news conference....

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This is a Level 3 Internal disaster according to the guy speaking on abcnews.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Hopefully all this will be a catalyst to bring serious attention to updating the U.S. energy power grids.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Yes...MSNBC is saying the same..
President is speaking now

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 08:07 PM
link   
New Jersey is in a state of emergency, the governor delcared it a short while ago.

Dare i say we'll see a domino effect?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Of course the president alluded to improving the system in general.

The central question that seems to be neglected publically is the following: How do they know that it was NOT terrorists, when they still aren't clear what caused the blackout? How can you rule a potential cause out when you don't know the actual cause?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I'm glad some one else is asking the questions I have been asking.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 08:19 PM
link   
We are the ones who don't know the cause,the guys telling us about the whole thing may be fully aware of the reasons for the thing,but that doesn't mean they are telling the truth,seeing as they all own the media mouthpiece I tend to look in the opposite direction that they are trying to steer me.
But then,that's just me.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   
...I would be having a picnic somewhere,someplace kind of up above to watch the chaos below,drinking up my beer,and eating up anything else that requires refrigeration,just in case the power was out for that long.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 08:26 PM
link   
hm...........the President.makes statement like hours later. Chilin out in cali. Any other prez would be like back on duty, doing stuff, ect. Bush is pretty much doing what he did 9/11, except no kids and no goats.

Whispers: whats going on in california? Wjispers from the beltway. August could be hell. Watch the movement of leaders. Whi stands to gain.

Hm..........distractions. More distractions. What else is going on in the world?

Brits, talk to me. Anything other than the power outage on the news? Anything seemingly minor? Anything going on elsewhere?

A distraction? watch the lights go out. Lights out, anything can be done under the cover of dark.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 08:27 PM
link   

We are the ones who don't know the cause,the guys telling us about the whole thing may be fully aware of the reasons for the thing,but that doesn't mean they are telling the truth,seeing as they all own the media mouthpiece I tend to look in the opposite direction that they are trying to steer me.
But then,that's just me.

I agree! Oh look what I found..

"There is no evidence of any terrorism at this point," said Michael Sheehan, deputy commissioner for terrorism of New York City's police department. "We've talked to Washington and there are rumours, but none of them pans out."

www.news24.com...

First I've heard of rumours in Washington.. haven't seen that on the news!

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The public is not in a "need to know" catagory...what is happening is happening for a reason...and if one listens closely...seems that even the "experts" aren't really sure of WHY...and they said it could take months before they "know"...

As for Bushes comments...ABC news about 15 minutes before the speech he made on MSNBC and other stations said that they would be airing Bushes comments soon...to me, that suggests that he Taped it...and the eight thirty delivery time was moved ahead to nine...He is at a fundraising dinner in San Diego tonite to further his political caerear.

Irony...The lights are still out in Bagdad...

"cookies?"

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Nothing here, the news is full of the blackout, no other news at all. You would think that there was nothing else going on in the world, or is that the point?

Sky news are still sticking with the Lightening strike angle......poor fools

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
hm...........the President.makes statement like hours later. Chilin out in cali. Any other prez would be like back on duty, doing stuff, ect. Bush is pretty much doing what he did 9/11, except no kids and no goats.

Whispers: whats going on in california? Wjispers from the beltway. August could be hell. Watch the movement of leaders. Whi stands to gain.

Hm..........distractions. More distractions. What else is going on in the world?

Brits, talk to me. Anything other than the power outage on the news? Anything seemingly minor? Anything going on elsewhere?

A distraction? watch the lights go out. Lights out, anything can be done under the cover of dark.

C'mon... this Colonel-esque political digging doesn't help. What do you want him to do, go to the Niagara station and push the turbines himself? He's a president, not superman. A president runs the country BY SITTING BACK, getting info, and making calculated judgements. 'In front of the camera' leadership is not the only type of command. Jeez, YES, we need to be critical and find out if this IS a conspiracy, but mindless, knee-jerk comments just blur the real issues. One-liners and snide comments do not make for 'fighting ignorance'.

Was FDR supposed to fly a hellcat over japan ten minutes after pearl harbor was bombed? Would making a comment to the effect of "What was FDR doing, sitting in his wheelchair at the rose garden?" have ADDED to the issue at hand?

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   
New York mayor is going to speak shortley...
Good point about Bagdad lights being out!
thats Kinda wierd

Cleavland water running low now....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join