It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major power outage hits New York, other large cities!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I am personally very interested to see what will happen in the next 24-48 hours...

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee

Originally posted by websuspect
Last night my flan flew off the counter and woke me up.

???

-B.

Ok, how much tequila was involved in this????

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Again...just found this article:
"Security tight in wake of blackout in US and Canada"
(heightened alert at/by NORAD)
www.wtnh.com...

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider

Ok, how much tequila was involved in this????

None.
I'm always like this.

BTW, caught a blurb on CNN that Citibank's ATM network is down. Anyone having trouble getting $$?

-B.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The power went out an hour before I was to drive home from work.

It was not fun navigating through traffic light sections hoping everyone would follow the 4-stop sign rule when those lights are out. It turned out ok.

The power came back on at 5:00 am this morning just in time to get ready for work. But there are still some areas without power & I just heard on the radio that there may still be more blackouts today. I hope not.

Last night was strange. One of the neighbour's horses kept making a racket. I could hear them in the distance.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 08:00 AM
link   
well i hope all the ATS New York members are all safe and well

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I'm finding hard to believe that they are still claiming it was all due to a lightning stike.

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Same thing happenned a couple of years ago. And just like the last time, no cities in Quebec (wich is right next to Toronto and Ottawa) were affected. Dawm we rules

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Im more interested in anything else going on in the world right now, things we might be distracted from, or thinmgs within the US.

Did anything significant happen yesterday regarding the North Korea situation? They haven't reported on North Korea in a long time, and I remember reading that NK would have multiple warheads by July 03. NK supposedly employs hackers as well, which is why Kim Jong Il was so enthusiastic about his prospects of defeating the US.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
I'm finding hard to believe that they are still claiming it was all due to a lightning stike.

regards
seekerof

I no, there wasn't even a cloud in the sky.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I just heard on FoxNews that "this was the biggest blackout in the history of electricity".

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   
National guard rolled in to cleveland - FOX News

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   
National Guard? I thought they had got this in hand now, why would they need the National Guard now? when the power is supposed to be comming back on line? After all the trouble that could have happened last nite didnt, are there reports of trouble in cleveland?

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Yeah only in cleveland thou, Cleveland is having alot of problems thou.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 01:11 PM
link   
WELLLLLLLLLL,

First off, I have my power back. Thank you thank you. What a FREAKIN mess.

Since I don't trust my govt, and the first thing they said was, NO TERRORISM, the first thing I did was what any paranoid guy would do. Loaded four of my guns, got my spot light out, and collected up 5000+ rounds of ammunition and 6 hunting knives.
(no joke)

But, now I gotta put it all back, guess there was no bad guys.
I was wanting to do some target practice.

My wife says I'm paranoid. I say, "Better paranoid with bodies at the end of the drive way, than not paranoid and dead". That ticked her off even more.

Well, Live from wester NY, take care and enjoy that electricity.

[Edited on 15-8-2003 by ImAlreadyPsycho]

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
from toronto

my power went off at 4 10 est thurs
and came back today at 4 30 est -fri

people outside directing traffic i was out at like 10pm i was walking along a normally busy road and it was lively with ppl walking all the stores closed it's good times soo far

how about NYC williaM

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
National Guard in Cleveland? Damn. Seems New York is powered up enough.

And Im fresh out of tinfoil

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Well, are we ever going to know why, or how, the blackout happened? Theres so much speculation (on this board alone) that the truth is going to be drowned out anyway.

It's sad to see humans this way.........in such despair because of a lack of electricity.

And to think that Humans, once upon a time, didn't even know what electricity was. What a world........

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join