It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Being Watched?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

Any half-decent Government agency can mask their IPs to make it look like it's a homo-computer, you or I are on. They're not stupid.

The sexual identity of my computer is no concern of anyone else.

But back to the topic: I watched and read on this site for a year before I became a member, and it was another few months before I could bring myself to post. The reason I held back was the exposure that it would bring.

It may seem silly to some, but my biggest concern was the fact that what I have to say can quickly be built into a dossier about who I am and what my interests are.
I spent a little time reviewing my past posts and it surprised me how much personal information I give away, nothing too specific, but enough that if you had the resources of a government you could fill in the blanks without too much difficulty.

Having an anxiety disorder made it very hard for me to speak up and give my point of view being that I have always been wary of police and government agencies. But I also worried about how my views would be accepted by other members in this forum.

It's not that I have any BIG SECRETS to devulge to the world, I just didn't want to add to my file that I'm sure is out there somewhere.

There is just no way a site like this is not watched and archived but what I had to say superseded my fears of being tracked. In some ways it's been very cathartic to be able to communicate my ideas to others. (after the fear and insecurities have subsided after each post).

*member gives a big wave to the watchers* *you know who you are*

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
My, ATS has a very large ego. I doubt this site is targeted for watch by anyone much less a make believe secret group. I am sure as a standard part of internet monitoring key words are searched which may from time to time lead to hits on this site as well as thousands of other sites. I seriously doubt a "gov't spy" is just sitting on this site daily watching and chatting..........unless of course he/she is just goofing off and finds the site entertaining and the chatters charming.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I seriously doubt a "gov't spy" is just sitting on this site daily watching and chatting..........

As we've said all too often..."damn, where do I sign for THAT job?"

Though, not as cool a job as those guys in Guam that get paid to deflower virgins....hehe....

To the original poster...too bad you missed our April Fool's Day joke, hehe...

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AWingAndASigh

And even better yet - how do I find out details?!! Being spied on by the government would be the most excitement I've had in years because I live a boring, law abiding life.

I would have to say the same for me. The governemnt is probably watching ATS. They watch everyone. But how awesome would that be for the government to show up on my doorstep for questioning. But, I don't think I'm that special for the government to do that.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
atleast you haven't been accused of being a member of the NWO

Of course I have... some people think Freemasonry and a supposed NWO go hand in hand, forget the fact that Freemasons have fought tyranny in many forms!

But seriously guys, i dont want to scare you, but this site is watched, there are threads about it, but its nothing to worry about at the end of the day.

I agree, I don't think anyone should be AFRAID of the government. Despite what you may think, we ARE the government and we have more power than you realize. Being afraid of government and separating yourself from it is the first step in making yourself seem suspicious and an immediate target for preventing anarchy. Ease up and take advantage of the rights you have as a citizen. That is the ONLY way to keep control. At the end of the day, our government can only take what we give them.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Ease up and take advantage of the rights you have as a citizen.

That's right...buy a bat and smash in your local Nike, Starbucks and Disney stores^^ Thankfully, America is not in a crazy police state yet. Just wait for yet another Recihstad at the hands of Bush' PNAC cronies to get the real deal started.

and Sebatwerk, weird how wearing weird aprons and donating to relief funs and children's hospitals gives out big "were working with the new world order!"
red flags to some tinfoil hat folks

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Watched? No doubt. By simply posting on this site, we have been profiled as such. Do not think for a second, that if ANYONE of us gets into serious "legal" trouble that our posts here on ATS wont turn up in transcripts somewhere and used against us. This site is a wonderful tool for those who intend on discrediting/ruining us.

Deny ignorance right? Well dont think we arent being monitored. And remember, keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.

Peace

[edit on 28-6-2005 by Serum39]

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Serum39
that if ANYONE of us gets into serious "legal" trouble that our posts here on ATS wont turn up in transcripts somewhere and used against us. Peace

You would have to do something very extreme for that to happen, and i mean very extreme...

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

that if ANYONE of us gets into serious "legal" trouble that our posts here on ATS wont turn up in transcripts somewhere and used against us. Peace

You would have to do something very extreme for that to happen, and i mean very extreme...

Well of coarse, but I'm glad you agree with me!
I do question how serious it would have to be oh say.......... 7 years from now. I wonder what rights we'll have left by then... who knows, maybe it wouldnt need to be so serious after all...

Peace

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I wonder what rights we'll have left by then...

After the ripping and tearing I've seen being done to the Constitution this year, I doubt we'll have many.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by periwinkle blue
Just because you're paranoid does not mean people are not out to get you.

Right you are, periwinkle blue. I try to be positive minded, most of the time, about how much my "Civil Rights" are protected, but there are days when I just know that I am being watched or monitored. Not in an obvious way, but things happen, once in awhile, that convince me that my life is not private by any means: mail arrives in my mailbox unsealed, telephone conversations are interrupted by clicks and electronic tones;I don't know if it's a government agency like the NSA or FBI or just a jealous husband
but that doesn't really matter, the point is that everyone has the right to feel a little paranoid, once in awhile.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8bitagent
and Sebatwerk, weird how wearing weird aprons and donating to relief funs and children's hospitals gives out big "were working with the new world order!" red flags to some tinfoil hat folks

People seem to have a tendency to think the very worst of mysterious situations. "If youre not doing anything wrong, why are you so secretive?" It seems like whenever they have questions, the worst possible scenario is the most likely answer, that there are purely evil demonic satan-worshipping dictators in positions of power and that nobody has good intentions. They don't realize that even people in power have a sense of their own ambitions.

Do not think for a second, that if ANYONE of us gets into serious "legal" trouble that our posts here on ATS wont turn up in transcripts somewhere and used against us.

Sheesh, you guys really should learn basics of law and of the internet. If you did, you would know that it is not evidence that can be admitted in court simply because it cannot be proven that it was you posting on ATS. IP addresses can be spoofed or masked and there are not many other ways to PROVE it was you, unless you readily admit it.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Your right, and I knew this except when i posted my statement I was being hypothetical and fixated (in my mind) on the future and the deterioration of our rights, I should have clarified that. So I do stand corrected.

However, it's not inconceivable that "new laws" could change this. Given the recent ruling regarding eminent domain, and the patriot act's ever evolving stripping of privacy rights.. who knows what to come right?

Peace

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Serum39
Your right, and I knew this except when i posted my statement I was being hypothetical and fixated (in my mind) on the future and the deterioration of our rights, I should have clarified that. So I do stand corrected.

However, it's not inconceivable that "new laws" could change this. Given the recent ruling regarding eminent domain, and the patriot act's ever evolving stripping of privacy rights.. who knows what to come right?

Peace

Well I still don't see how this would change the fact that nobody could possibly know it was you posting these things. Like I stated previously, current technology BARELY allows us to know what computer these posts are coming from, and that is still not admissible in court because of the lack of accuracy.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk
Sheesh, you guys really should learn basics of law and of the internet. If you did, you would know that it is not evidence that can be admitted in court simply because it cannot be proven that it was you posting on ATS. IP addresses can be spoofed or masked and there are not many other ways to PROVE it was you, unless you readily admit it.

Actually your ISP tends to keep a record for a set period of time of when your IP is online as well as websites you access. In a court-room they would be able to display that your computer was using such-and-such an IP number at the same time, on the same site as the same IP number posted something.

Now depending on if it went to a jury trial or not would depend on how lucky you got, since not even the best defence lawyer would be able to argue against that level of evidence and due to limited understanding of a Jury, it would be likely to go against you.

Also if it was so easy to deny it and get away with it, those who have been arrested for "hacking" or "cracking" before would have been found not guilty.

Just speaking from personnal opinion, but since it's the field I work in, I tend to know a fair bit about Law, Legal issues and trials.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Actually your ISP tends to keep a record for a set period of time of when your IP is online as well as websites you access. In a court-room they would be able to display that your computer was using such-and-such an IP number at the same time, on the same site as the same IP number posted something.

Do you know what spoofing or masking an IP address is? Like I said before, it would be very difficult to PROVE that you posted what they are accusing you of. It can be assumed, based on the circumstance, but it cannot be proven beyond a reaosnable doubt.

Also if it was so easy to deny it and get away with it, those who have been arrested for "hacking" or "cracking" before would have been found not guilty.

MOST hackers put on trial have gotten off because of a lack of evidence to convict them. That's why when one 16 year old hacker a year back was actually convicted, the judge threw the book at him. Up until that point, it had been nearly impossible to convict hackers, so they made an example of him.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Yes, ATS is being watched, mostly for keywords such as assasinate or something like that. Maybe there's some secret organization watching us, but really, we're not alone, there are plenty of other conspiracy sites out there, and the SO (secret organization!) would have to monitor quite a few. It would require a huge department to watch everything...

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Well yeah - the Govt. watches here for the same reason many people like myself monitors here - the chance that something interesting or unexpected may be posted.

Little bite size pieces of truth mixed in with the imaginary garbage.

A diamond in the rough so to speak.

So we must always stay alert and download/copy anything we can get our hands on - less it disappear from view all too quickly...

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Well if you really want them to come knocking on your door all you have to do is type the following buzz words and see what happens.
Provided is a link to do just that.

The List Of Carnivore
And Eschelon Keywords

www.rense.com...
source considered but hey at least it would get someone's attention

Here a sampling:

white noise (Mmmm wasn't that a more recent movie)

Cable & Wireless (can you hear me now?)

Fetish ( this is a keyword?) Better not visit a Goth webite that word will keep the Feds really hoppin'

basement (ok really?) Basement? I have one of these in my house come on.

Bob (hate to be this guy)

[edit on 1-7-2005 by DDay]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
ive spoken "trigger words" on the phone before and all that happen was a clicking sound every time i stopped talking, in other words, i had my phone call monitored. But thats it

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join