It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Being Watched?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
You had your phone monitored Infinite?

How can you be sure? Do you know who it was and why?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Save stamps.

Post your grievances here.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mark Harris
You had your phone monitored Infinite?

How can you be sure? Do you know who it was and why?

apparently if you mention "trigger words" on any communications, they monitor you to see why you said it. There was a thread on ATS that explained how to tell if your phone was monitored/tapped.

I have no idea who it was by and why, but you really shouldnt piss around with stuff like that.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
This site is not only being watched. This thread is also under close observation by the world wide web infrastructure commission.

[edit on 1-7-2005 by iksmodnad]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
infinite,

I too have experienced such obvious line noise / clicking when and only when discussing such taboo topics over the phone - and it unnerved me.

One - I didn't really think they had such technology in place for monitoring domestic U.S. phone calls and - two - you would think if they did they would not make such obvious line noise to tip off the caller.

So for a while I dismissed it as coincidental.

However, maybe they just count on people ignoring it - either way, because of this, I no longer make important communications over the phone - not even just to theorize on things of interest...

I suppose using ATS in this way is no better, but at least I feel like my voice will be lost among the "chattle"

[edit on 1-7-2005 by TruthMagnet]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DDay
[...]

The List Of Carnivore
And Eschelon Keywords

[...]

[edit on 1-7-2005 by DDay]

All I can say is that they must either be especially well resourced or have some very sophisticated algorithms to sort out the wheat from the chaff looking at this list.

Why does the UTM for a small town in Mid-Wales get on the list ?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   

However, maybe they just count on people ignoring it - either way, because of this, I no longer make important communications over the phone - not even just to theorize on things of interest...

Same,

certain topics i do not talk over the phone about, i even dont talk about anything news related either on the phone. Its better to be safe then sorry.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Do you know how many times people use conspiracy here?
*Click*
There it is again.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Watched? IOsn't that what we're here for, so that people can discuss things and their information be viewed by others?

We have governmental agency hits all the time. Stop and think about it; how many of you are at work right now, surfing the web when you're supposed to be working? Now, factor in the fact that they are government employees and you know the lazy, job-shirking factor goes up by a factor of 10! They aren't watching us, they are biding time until it's time to go home!

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Normally all large community sites with government topics are monitored. Just to make sure nothing "dirty" is happening.

(Eyes "Plan to Infiltrate Area 51" thread.)

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Well, i don't know much about this so i think it's better that I don't comment at all...

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic12
Normally all large community sites with government topics are monitored. Just to make sure nothing "dirty" is happening.

I think ATS is just watched,
probably since WITD
that was some weird stuff that went on

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
all sites are monitered at one point in time or another. sites especialy talking about the government and the nwo.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I really don't see why it would even matter. We all have our rights to free speech, anyway

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
One thing ive noticed about this board is that it has a huge amount of lurkers. Also threads get alot more views compared to replies then ive seen on any other board.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonSUN
One thing ive noticed about this board is that it has a huge amount of lurkers. Also threads get alot more views compared to replies then ive seen on any other board.

Yeah, there was a thread about that i think...

its called "the conspiracy of lurkers"

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Look at how many visitors are on the site now... Kind of fishy if you ask me

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic12
Look at how many visitors are on the site now... Kind of fishy if you ask me

Well, we do have alot of pages on google and we are top of google for certain things.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Infinite,

What about the possiblity that sites like this are allowed to flourish as sort of a recruiting ground for potential NWO agents?

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Infinite,

What about the possiblity that sites like this are allowed to flourish as sort of a recruiting ground for potential NWO agents?

i dont know,

i think conspiracy sites are allowed to flourish so the agencies can watch us and see if we find the truth. When do, then they step in.

I think the NWO has better things to do then watch us

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join