It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

servicemen being shown a film of dead aliens or apparent alien technology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   

"If the U.S. military has been showing such films to bewildered personnel over the years, then why? If one doesn’t believe in UFOs, and doesn’t believe in retrievals of crashed alien technology, why would the military be doing this? These movies seemed real to those who saw them. What training value would there be in convincing these personnel that aliens were real – and that we had captured a few of them?"

I guess showing such a movie could be one method by which to screen potential candidates for special ET-related assignments.

keyholepublishing.com...

some more of the same story here

www.rense.com...

www.stargate-chronicles.com...

www.stargate-chronicles.com...

i'm trying to find out more info

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
here's another story

"In April 1995 at an Arkansas conference, astronaut Gordon Cooper declared that when he was a USAF officer, a four-man Air Force crew was filming a plane landing-gear test at Edwards Air Force Base in 1957 when a UFO swooped down and landed at the base while the Air Force cameras were rolling. The shocked USAF camera crew later brought the film to Edwards AFB Headquarters. Gordon Cooper personally viewed the film. EAFB commanding officers thereafter shipped it to Washington. Nothing has been heard of since about the film.

www.nexusmagazine.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I don't think a UFO is just going to land at an airbase.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
I don't think a UFO is just going to land at an airbase.

I would imagine that if "they" are willing to take 1430 rounds of AAA fire, a camera crew wouldn't be much of a threat to " them".

View Pic of "Them" taking 1430 AAA rounds
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 27-6-2005 by lost_shaman]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Perhaps to view their reactions for consideration of special jobs?

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Its possible Cloadless Knight. Anything that has to do with tracking foreign objects and friendlies would need to see something like this in the event of something happening. But if the government didn't believe in the UFO phenomenom then why show these videos? Its really simple to do. Its a test to see if they can keep secrets. What better way to have your closely guarder secrets kept safe but then by putting the information out and watching the reaction? then they are told it was just a hoax or we were testing you. To get a security clearence you have to meet certain requirments. I got interviewed by NCIS once because of an incident on board of my ship. They didn't just question me but the whole division. From what i heard from the other members of my division, I wasn't even really considered to be a suspect for the incident. I think the reasoning behind that was that i had control for all the combinations on the ship. Controlled substances locker, Personnel records, Pay Dispursing, and of course Intelligence. It must be a method to find out if they can trust the people sent to these special programs.

-Aza

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
You know, given the hundreds of military people on this site that I've seen say they were in the military, you would THINK someone would have mentioned this before.

Lots of times.

Yeah, I know "top secret and all that" but I also know that some folks just ain't that good with secrets. So where are the hundreds of military folks running around, all talking about the same footage and the same films and the same technology?

...other than the "I'm a CIA agent and I'm here for a visit!" types. Them's just trolls and loons.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I can honestly say I've never seen one of these and i worked with classified info. I used to do snoopy teams. How many people know what I'm sayin?
The only video i got to see was the infamous guy get sucked into jet intake vid. Gotta love that one.

Hamburgers anyone?

-Aza

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
SNOOPY: this was a mission flown often in Nam (129th Assault Helicopter Co.). One ship flew at tree-top level, trying to draw enemy fire from hidden troops (this was "Snoopy"). The second ship (at high elevation) would then observe where the shots came from and dive and attack. These were Snoopy Missions.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
There is another meaning for snoopy as well. Intel guys would get this one.

-Aza

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Cool - Feel free to enlighten us!

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Well its no secret that US military ships see foreign countries planes, ships, etc that they scramble. Snoopy team was the call that was made. A team of intel people and photographers would go up and take picture as they floated/flew by. Generally they did the same.

-Aza

[edit on 27-6-2005 by Azathoth]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Interesting!!

Thanks for the clarrification!

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
From a military point of view the Unknown = Danger. So it might help to consider that knowing that we have been visited means knowing that we are at risk. People who swear in to anybody's military are taking an oath to protect others from such risks. I find that helps me to understand why they have been so good at keeping the secrets.

I do think a certain balance point has been past though. Enough people have reached a level of maturity that we are on the road to finding out a big chunk of the Truth. Control over the public is a thing with rules of it's own, once something has gotten to a certain point you have to go along with it if you hope to maintain any sort of control at all.

Wish I could even make a guess at how long it will be from this point to the next step.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azathoth
I can honestly say I've never seen one of these and i worked with classified info. I used to do snoopy teams. How many people know what I'm sayin?
The only video i got to see was the infamous guy get sucked into jet intake vid. Gotta love that one.

Hamburgers anyone?

-Aza

Sorry to stray, but is it one of those vids you shouldn't look at but can't help to look at? Any chance for a copy?

Control over the public is a thing with rules of it's own, once something has gotten to a certain point you have to go along with it if you hope to maintain any sort of control at all.

AT, agreed. its kind of along the lines of 'keep them tied - it makes them well.' Conditioning at its finest.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Actually they show that particular vid to keep you aware of safety on the flight deck. The guy actually lives because of his helmet. There is another one thought where the guy is chopped up pretty bad. His legs are all twisted and minched up. You know they also used to show us videos of STD's when we got to port as well.

-Aza

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azathoth
Actually they show that particular vid to keep you aware of safety on the flight deck. The guy actually lives because of his helmet. There is another one thought where the guy is chopped up pretty bad. His legs are all twisted and minched up. You know they also used to show us videos of STD's when we got to port as well.

-Aza

LOL re STD vids. How about "safe alcohol consumption" vids.?
off topic sorry.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Mayhap there testing to see which ones will believe it or not, or maybe to see which ones could handle a truth like that better, or maybe its disinformation.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by timoothy

"If the U.S. military has been showing such films to bewildered personnel over the years, then why?

maybe it's just practical to wrap morality or patriotic issues
in a contemporary topic. it, (an alien encounter scenario)
would hold the viewers interest and rivet their attention,

how many of youse watched those old & dated movies
in High School health class...and it just turned into a 20 minute
snicker session??

These types of 'Instructional Films' are processed thru an
approved cycle of time, so the subject matter is always put
into a contemporary context...

maybe you could become a Industrial or
Military film maker as a career? they're always updating stuff
imo, the conspiracy is not the subject matter, i.e. aliens etc,
the conspiracy is the monies paid out for these films and the selection
process, which without oversight could be cash-cows and or rewards
handed out to targeted individuals...from power weilding chairmen

~~~

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Pure piffle. There's no such vid and nobody's "testing" anything.

If there were truth in it, the minute that the story was released, you'd have a thousand or more servicemen confirming it AND it would be a major news story because some of them would be running off to the reporters. News outlets would be standing on top of themselves to talk to people who could confirm it.

So how come it's not a news story?

Because newspapers are harder to hoax than UFOlogists.

In all my years exploring UFO possibilities, that's the one truth I learned -- newspapers are hard to hoax. UFOlogists are easy to hoax. This one has all the earmarks of a hoax perpetrated by someone like a 13 year old kid. In fact, if I caught my kid trying to start something like that, he'd be grounded until he was 80!!!

top topics

join