It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

French Surrender?

page: 2
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Firstly, the French don't surrender. Stop calling it a surrender, because it is not.

Secondly, you are lying about the French public debt. It is small.

Thirdly, their economy was almost always in a good condition and is now also. And it will.

[edit on 19/8/05 by JAK]




posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Uh, you may want to edit your post before you are warned. Don't call him an idiot, tell him to Deny Ignorance. Just a helpful hint.

Also, anyone have links to the actual economy rates of France? Thatshould settle this quick.



posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Uh, you may want to edit your post before you are warned. Don't call him an idiot, tell him to Deny Ignorance. Just a helpful hint.



Good call JTL,


As a side note, I think what you have written here in this thread is the only time I can think of that I agree with you.

Scary thought huh?



posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtheiX
danwild6, you idiot.

Firstly, the French don't surrender. Stop calling it a surrender, because it is not.

Secondly, you are lying about the French public debt. It is small.

Thirdly, their economy was almost always in a good condition and is now also. And it will.


Firstly then what do you call having your country occupied after a piss poor fight to save it. Oh and save your pathetic little insults for someone who cares.

Secondly why don't you read the article or are you illiterate and just have your mom type your comments


Thirdly is that why they have an unemployment rate of over 10% and they just rejected the european constitution out of fear of more job losses the jobs going to eastern european immigrants(people who actually do want to work)or is it simply french zenophobia.

[edit on 30-7-2005 by danwild6]



posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Here's some economic data.

world bank

business week



posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by danwild6
I know that I'm ashamed to admit it but I would have to say I was one of those people. I guess you can say were conditioned through our mass media with rags to riches stories on how anybody can attain unimaginable wealth.


It's funny and horrible, but I find myself worrying about my possible inheritance.


I'm a working stiff, white collar. But a working stiff, nonetheless.

I am against the estate tax. Not because I'm a Republican, but b/c I think its a travesty to tax something that's already been taxed, just b/c it trades hands. That's just wrong.
It's a gift from one loved one to another.



posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Originally posted by danwild6
I know that I'm ashamed to admit it but I would have to say I was one of those people. I guess you can say were conditioned through our mass media with rags to riches stories on how anybody can attain unimaginable wealth.


It's funny and horrible, but I find myself worrying about my possible inheritance.


I'm a working stiff, white collar. But a working stiff, nonetheless.

I am against the estate tax. Not because I'm a Republican, but b/c I think its a travesty to tax something that's already been taxed, just b/c it trades hands. That's just wrong.
It's a gift from one loved one to another.


Well being a working stiff myself I can sympathize with wanting to have a little extra money or land. But my point is that just after the second world war a manager or high level executive made 500 times what working stiffs like our grandparents made. Know you have executives making 50,000 times what you and I make, does that seem right? I mean I realize the importance of having a capable executive staff but this seems a bit excessive.

And I'm not saying tax tax tax but we should have a progressive tax system and again I can sympathize with being worried about inheratence when my grandmother passed on we had to sell the house she owned the house my mother grew up in just to pay the taxes and your right thats dead wrong but as an american I hate to see people that inhereted billions of dollars( I can name a couple of hotel heiresses) that have no talent no driving goal and seemingly no redeeming moral characteristics. As an american like I said before I've been brought up to believe in the self made man and yet it seems that it is becoming much harder to be a truly self made man. Then turn on the TV and see who Paris Hilton is f-ing that just doesn't seem to make alot of sense to me.



posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I have no sympathy for corporate cheesers who make 10x what the working man makes. And that's lowballed to the floor. There's no good reason to pay any human ant marching that kind of money. At least athletes perform amazing feats and entertainers give you a time capsule for all the years of your life. What do the corporate masters give you? I'd like to give the world a coke and a smile... but I want you to give me your money and then bend over....

[edit on 7/30/05 by EastCoastKid]



posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
It might do to remember that the French have reputiated their national debt 5 times since the U.S. became a nation. They have a different set of goals, and a different set of expectations from their government.

But it will be interesting to see how they would try and repudiate their debt without controlling their own currency or interest rate. Hmmm.



posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Just how independent minded are the French when it comes to dealings with the European Union?




top topics



 
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join