It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where were the doctors at Abu Ghraib?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
Interrogations have saved countless lives throughout history and has been vital in every single war situation throughout history.

Since apparently interrogations are considered torture now by people like Souljah, I've very curious to how would you gather critical war time intelligence from prisoners?
Bake them cookies and ask them nicely?

There are many diffrent types of interogation techniques TJW , you and I both know that.
Some are torture, some are not.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
There are many diffrent types of interogation techniques TJW , you and I both know that.
Some are torture, some are not.

Of course I know that.
But apparently EVERYTHING now is considered "torture". So how do you interrogate??

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   

[But apparently EVERYTHING now is considered "torture". So how do you interrogate??

u give him a candy, say be nice and hope he changes his mind about making u a slave in paradise wen martyring (which i mean blowing himself up next to u). he is taught that those he killed in Jihad will serve as slaves for him
that sounds cool eh?

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Of course I know that.
But apparently EVERYTHING now is considered "torture". So how do you interrogate??

No there are acceptable levels of torture, your just dramatiseing it.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

[But apparently EVERYTHING now is considered "torture". So how do you interrogate??

u give him a candy, say be nice and hope he changes his mind about making u a slave in paradise wen martyring (which i mean blowing himself up next to u). he is taught that those he killed in Jihad will serve as slaves for him
that sounds cool eh?

give source on that one i wonna read it

cheers

but if you dont have any then dont bother posting propoganda on the thread.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   

No there are acceptable levels of torture, your just dramatiseing it.

That's what I'm asking!
What's the line between acceptable and unacceptable?

Alot of people here seem to thing everything is unacceptable. I'm asking those people how they would do things?
Still no answers...

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   

That's what I'm asking!

No what you where asking is HOW do we interogate not the diffrence between interogateing and torture.

What's the line between acceptable and unacceptable?

The morals line.

Alot of people here seem to thing everything is unacceptable. I'm asking those people how they would do things?
Still no answers...

Yet again, dramatiseing, they dont think everything is unnacceptable.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Those "moral lines" are, devilwasp?

As to the continued mention by you of those "dramatizing," ever considered that perhaps those who are calling 'Gitmo' a Nazi camp/Gulag concentration camp or that are asserting that each and every person held there is being tortured, abused, neglected, and not treated within the Geneva Conventions is/are over-dramatizing themselves?

Am I missing something here?

seekerof

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Those "moral lines" are, devilwasp?

Diffrent for everyone.

As to the continued mention by you of those "dramatizing," ever considered that perhaps those who are calling 'Gitmo' a Nazi camp/Gulag concentration camp or that are asserting that each and every person held there is being tortured, abused, neglected, and not treated within the Geneva Conventions is/are over-dramatizing themselves?

Yes I do consider this, if I want to comment or not is MY choice.

Am I missing something here?

Dont have any clue what you on about now...

dh

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Guantanamo like all the other camps. at Bagram,Diego Garcia Baghdad airports, Carolina, Diego Garcia all over the place only exist to show you can imprison people without reason and charge and torture them
That's the whole exposition - the most of the people are innocent of terrorism, rather subject to ongoing perpetration
Those with any real intent are funded and supplied
Not locked up

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   

No what you where asking is HOW do we interogate not the diffrence between interogateing and torture.

Have you gone over these and other threads? I don't think you have.
People are calling the interrogations torture. I'm asking if they're torture, then how do you interrogate?
Name one thread where they made the distinction between acceptable interrogation and torture?
Show me just one.

Yet again, dramatiseing, they dont think everything is unnacceptable.

They have yet to show that in this or any other thread.

Now, how about answering the question....
What are acceptable interrogation practices?

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Have you gone over these and other threads? I don't think you have.

Yes I have, and you think wrong.

People are calling the interrogations torture. I'm asking if they're torture, then how do you interrogate?

No they are calling torture exsactly what it is, torture.
Since when is there an interogation technique that allows the use of dogs on prisnors.

Name one thread where they made the distinction between acceptable interrogation and torture?
Show me just one.

You've never asked them to...

They have yet to show that in this or any other thread.

Really?

Now, how about answering the question....
What are acceptable interrogation practices?

Acceptable interogation practices, IMO physcological is the best but not to the extent of standing them in human pyramids or letting dogs at them.
Remember, its all opinion and interpretation.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
hey souljah ( I liked the rasta avatar better)

Hey syrinx High Priest - hows the Priestess doing?

do you surf the net looking for anti american topics ?

No - but this stuff is really not so Hard to Find, since its all over. You dont have to really SEARCH its all in front of me, I just pick the Topic. Makes you wonder, huh?

your bias is so obvious its hard to take your posts seriously.

Then dont.

I belive there is a Red Button called IGNORE.

Stop it, I wont.

Its a shame because you're smart and compassionate, but I wonder why the obsession with US foreign policy ?

Because US Foreign Policy is Nothing but Greed and Money. Words like Freedom, Justice, Democracy, Liberation do not Fit your current Goverment. Everything they say, they LIE about. Their Hypochrisy is Bigger then all the previous Goverments combined! Honestly, that makes me Sick. Yes I am quite Far away from You, but Still not Far enough, not to feel the Effects this Goverment is Bringing to the entire World. Our Slovenian Boys are currently on Missions in Afganistan. Great. Just cant wait when they are going to be shipped to Iraq.

Whats wrong with US Foreign Policy? In one word: EVERYTHING!

is it really that different than any super power at any time in human history ?

You mean like Empires, such as Roman, Ottoman, French, German, English one?

You mean the one Super Power to which All others Bow to?

And if you are not With them, you are Against them?

If you look at this from this perspective - nope, its not really that different.

May I humbly submit your focus should be on human nature, not US foreign policy ?

I understand you dont have a problem with it - if you did, you would probably be locked up or something.

Yep, you got it kind of Right - it is the Human Nature, the nature of GREED that is the Guide behind your Goverment. Petty much a Mortal Sin.

I won't waste space by listing dozens of examples, but the sad reality is humans have demonstrated an unparalleled aptitude for two things in our history......breeding and killing, and the US hardly has a monoploy on either

Yea I agree that Breeding and Killing is something we do Best.

Sad but True.

I tell you know thing - the US is very good in Killing, if you check the last 50 years and the number of Wars being waged by the US.

Lots of People Dead because of that.

[edit on 25/6/05 by Souljah]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Interrogations have saved countless lives throughout history and has been vital in every single war situation throughout history.

Since apparently interrogations are considered torture now by people like Souljah, I've very curious to how would you gather critical war time intelligence from prisoners?
Bake them cookies and ask them nicely?

Since Apparently you think we still live in the Dark Ages, when a pair of Pliers and a Torch was applied to the Prisoners, well then I guess these Abuses make sense to you.

As devilwasp said before me, there are OTHER Techniques of Information Extraction presented to you this Modern Day - for example Truth Serums.

But its not about that somebody wanted this Information - somebody just wanted to Show who has the Power to do it.

Who has the Power to Torture and Abuse, and there is NOTHING we can do about it.

We are living in the 21st century, and acting like we are living in the 12th century.

Not really a big Step Forward?

One Step Forward, Two Steps Backward...

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Sir,

Isnt it kind of Wrong, when the Fortress of Democracy and Liberyt - America - is not Bowing to the Same Laws they are supposed to Uphold and Protect?

When Others do it, its called Terrorism - but when US do it, its called War on Terrorism?

Where is the Drama here?

All I see is Hypochrisy.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Since Apparently you think we still live in the Dark Ages, when a pair of Pliers and a Torch was applied to the Prisoners, well then I guess these Abuses make sense to you.

Do you have some sort of reading disability?
I never made any statements saying what was or what I think is acceptable. I asked a question.

Please show me where I hinted that I agree with the abuses?

As devilwasp said before me, there are OTHER Techniques of Information Extraction presented to you this Modern Day - for example Truth Serums.

Finally an answer!
Truth serums are an excellent technique however truth serums don't always work. How else would you extract information?

We are living in the 21st century, and acting like we are living in the 12th century.

Asking a simple question is acting like we're living in the 12th century?

Nice of you to put words in my mouth Souljah. Shows your good for something...

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Do you have some sort of reading disability?

Nope, but thank You for concern!

Truth serums are an excellent technique however truth serums don't always work. How else would you extract information?

I really havent thought much about that, so I guess I cant answer you.

Arent there any "Humane Information Extraction Techniques"?

I think the problem of Abu Gharib and Guantanamo was that these people didnt really want to extract anything - they just wanted to show these guys the meaning of the word PAYBACK = "There you have it you filthy muslim terrorists! Thats for blowing up WTC and the Pentagon!"

Since most of these people arrested were basicly Guilty until proven Innocent.

Asking a simple question is acting like we're living in the 12th century?

I wasnt talking about you directly, but about our entire Society - hardly acting like its the 21st century...

Nice of you to put words in my mouth Souljah. Shows your good for something...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join