It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Releasing Classified Information

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Classified info over webmail is absolutely BS.

I have held a SECRET clearance for 13 years. How many people out there know the DISA requirements for a SECRET computer? A computer that holds even CONFIDENTIAL material cannot be connected to the Internet, only SIPRNET or better. BTW, SIPRnet is Secure Non-Ip Routed Internet. It is the second largest network in the world, behind the Internet. It is entirely seperate of the Internet and has no physical connections to the Internet. You cannot get to an Internet site like Yahoo.com or abaovetopsecret.com from a SIPRNET computer. In fact, you are supposed to have three feet of physical seperation from a SIPRNET computer and an Internet-connected unclasss computer.

If you know someone who is sending classified information from a webmail address, please report them!

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
What if it's something that would safe lives or something we NEED to know?

If you have any information that the public DESERVES to know, by all means, spread it all over, anonymous tips to news networks and sites, spread it all over the internet etc before you get caught it's probably a few days later...

I would sacrefice my life for the truth, people deserve the truth.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
"please report them" ???

No one likes a tattletale, or a ratfink

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
obviously that person felt forced to say that, the Government's Alien Involvement is not important to the enemy, the technology they got from them however is...

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Post the information. We live in an era now, where "classified info."/"for the good of national security" jargon, limiting information the public has access to is just an excuse to take away our freedoms and cover up things that we would not stand for if we knew about them. It's time to take our power back, and that means sharing all information.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Your walking a very fine line. If the information is truely classified and you did not sign a non dislcousure agreement then i would resist speaking about it. Even though i don't believe that the government would make you disappear, right now is hardly the time to passs classified info. you would be disclosed as a traitor to the country if you passed sensitive classified information which means that you could be put n jail for a long time or you may never been seen again. In the realms of classified information if it has to do with Eyes only or compartmented inf, don't say a word about. Its not worth passing it to cause alot of trouble for you and whoever you care about because you said something. But then again I knew a guy that used to make up classified info to play a joke on new people coming into the command. it was really well thought up too.

-Aza

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I go with you ground_zero...

Knowledge is power and who controls the power controls the money...

This reminds me of a situation when I was working in the Dominican republic when the war in Iraq was beginning. Now, I am a Belgian, and I was working in a hotel with European and American Guests and it still stikes me that the Americans were, in general, for the war and the Europeans, in general, against... On CNN and the American news: Saddam has WMD, and they even had proof!!! (where are they now???) and on the European news: where are the Areicans stationed in Iraq and comparing this to where the oil fields were (strikingly the same regions...). And what was said by the Americans that they were going to invade anyway...!

This is just an example of how different media influence people

Because, and lets be honest, who is getting better by this control of knowledge and power???

So I opt for the disclosure of info, it 's the only way of stopping these situations...

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The goverment and its enforced agencies dont let info out that it thinks is classified. Why should they? they are the goverment right!

Wrong. The powers that be on this earth was put in place by the people who accept their lies. (voters), thanks a bunch guys, how about a twist, how about we the people run the world.

Cant do any worse, can we.!

So why should they give a monkeys, lies is and always will be their business.

As for the classified info,

you as a tax payer a GOOD hard working person. Who helped to put their elected goverment in power, wheter it be England or America, and you thought that they would run the country on your behalf,

Really are the biggest criminals and have the most powerful gang in the world, who cares less about what u think,

Will NOT EVER let info out that is classified. Unless things change of course.....

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
the problem with releasing classified info is that if it has potential to be used for destruction then releasing it for the world to know is like giving a pyromaniac a can of gasoline and some matches. if its genuinely benefical then everyone should know. the only problem is that now that everyone knows you might need this to do this, then people everywhere are going to try to get it first before anyone else gets to it. here the situtation.

There is a cave that holds a key ingrediant to making clean free way of getting off the planet. If you remove the ingrediant, then the world will slowly start to die. If the information was passed to 3 superpowers what do you think would happen? They would all fight to get the item and leave. Some things are best left alone. I kinda wish there was no such thing a nuclear bombs or power because then we wouldn't have to worry about some wacko getting one and planting it somewhere because he believes his GOD wants him to kill everyone.We all bleed thats the simplest way of looking at it.

-Aza

[edit on 25-6-2005 by Azathoth]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Some things are best left alone.!

True. Couldnt say it better myself.

Now I dont want to make peole do things agasint the goverment, but...

THEY HAVE LIED TO YOU. Question is what will you do?

Talk is cheap, action speaks louder.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
What the dickens is the topic of this thread? It's illegal to send classified or restricted information over any unsecured line, be it telephone or internet or whatever.

[edit on 25-6-2005 by Astronomer68]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
It is about classified info that the goverment hold back on us as a people.

Thats all.

No big thing.

Hope I helped you.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Just post it. You've built up enough interest in this topic already so put up or shut up. You think the feds have the resources to track every single thing that happens on this site? No. Fed workers are generally lazy and ill informed about their technology. They're too busy fighting each other for power and DEMO points to care about what you have to tell us. So, tell us already. Take a risk. See what happens.

I think you're just bluffing, anyways.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
this is just plain nuts.i can't believe i even clicked on this thread.

yikes

not that i'm going anywhere until i find out what this is all about so spill it

[edit on 24-9-2009 by randyvs]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join