It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

something in front of the SUN

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ilovepizza
I may be wrong but wouldnt the little purple dot on the sun make a small shadow on the water. The reflection of the sun on the water does not show any spot where the purple dot would be.

Okay, the picture is nothing...as already explained. The same reason you shouldn't LOOK at the sun is the same reason you shouldn't take a picture of the sun!

BUT, let's talk about ilovepizza's question. The answer would be NO! You would not see a shadow, and that is the reason that NEO's (Near Earth Objects) coming from the direction of the sun are SO dangerous...and will probably shmack the shmuck out of us before we ever know they're coming. It's due to what is called forward scattering.

If you were standing at the end of a football field, and they had a flood light at the other end of the football field, and someone was standing directly in front of that flood light...you wouldn't know it. BUT, if the person stepped slightly left or right...you'd see them.

If we have something, that is going to hit us, coming from us from the direction of the sun...we're screwed.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Hey, here are those pictures. When they are enlarged and only the blue channel viewed you can see slight distortion around the Spot just a little bit. The distortion changes slightly from one photo to the next, so I doubt your friend did anything to them to fake the spot, unless of course he would think of adding something in there that you couldn't even see without extreme magnification and color separations.

The lighting effects are just to help show the shades of where the gradients change. I looked around for other pictures similar and found another one at an msn sight that had the exact same purpleish spot yet it was not from the same angle or anything, so that I found interesting.

I have never seen any results like this from another camera from just shooting the sun, but you might want to check into that. Other than that I don't know what it is. If you know what day he took it on let me know cause I'd like to check out an xray of the sun, although I doubt that's it. If so, I would think that it would have changed shape or something inbetween the time of taking each pic, but they match up right on the dot.

Interesting though....Hope that helps out a little....

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 06:47 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   
That is strenge.

Can this spot be viewed at times other than the morning? Hvae any pictures been taken when the sun is at full noon?

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 07:06 PM
link   
groups.msn.com...

There are lots of other pics here, but this one was real interesting cause of the similarity.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Okay, now I have adjusted my NEO monitor to "concerned".

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Oh and for those who dont know...If something is in front of the Sun therefore between Earth and the Sun, it either has to be a meteor, a comet, asteroid, planet.

And of the planets it can only be Mercury or Venus.

Mercury is SMALL..Very SMALL and very close to the sun...It aint THAT big.

And well Venus...i think we can only see that at night cant we? but anyways...i'm sure it aint venus either.

www.zetatalk.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

An update of SOHO

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

www.zetatalk.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Check this out for the latest images around the globe of it. Everyone cant be wrong can they?
For all pictures go here

www.zetatalk.com...
www.zetatalk.com...

[Edited on 13-8-2003 by DaRAGE]

[Edited on 13-8-2003 by DaRAGE]

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Okay, now I have adjusted my NEO monitor to "concerned".

Concerned about...what?

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Ok regarding the first set of pictures, someone said something about the sun burning the spot onto the film like a magnifying glass. One small problem with that, didn't he say they were taken with a digital camera?

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 05:13 AM
link   
idd, feygan, but maybe the cams 'receptors?' were overlighted, I don't know. But then again the spot is seen on some pics of the sun, on others not?

hey mOjOm, thx for checking the pics!, I'll post the date of them soon, these were taking at sunset, one I have is taken at sunrise the day after, purple spot also on it. Post the rest of the pics soon.

thx for u2u forum staff

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 05:19 AM
link   

last pic taken at sunrise, don't know date of pics yet.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Hi all, I'm sorry to say that the pictures posted here with the Purple blob on just stick out like bad CG to me, there's no way that it's infront of the sun, there would at least be some shadowing or helation around the edges and it wouldn't be as sharp as that. Digital camera -> photoshop/paintshop -> save -> post, nice... perhaps I'll throw something together with some treetops and a ufo in it and post it here...

Peace out..

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 05:41 AM
link   
infexious, thx for the reply but, I have to say you're wrong. Pic's aren't edited. Only two persons could've done it, my friend and me. And my friend nor I did..

mOjOm checked them also btw and concludes they aren't edited.

I know, it just looks freakin' weird. That's all I can say about it.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 05:44 AM
link   
That's cool man, I've checked the image with a txt editor and there's no photoshop header or footer that it normally shoves in the file, only details that it's taken with a 1.3M Digital camera... Wierd. No offence meant about "faking" the images

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 05:45 AM
link   
alienaddicted, thanx for the pics very cool. From what i can see, it doesn't look edited at all and the object infront of the sun doesn't look like a planet, more like a craft of some sort.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 12:04 PM
link   
saturday 9 aug....this year

at about 22:00 hrs.

The last pic is taken then at sundaymorning let's say 6:30 hrs?

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   
For a lot more images, check here : groups.msn.com...

I understand why people question the pictures, with cg and photoshop, the fake can be told to be real, and the real can be accused of being faked. All confusing these days. Thanks technology! *looks at the computer*

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Jeffrey: You said you see a planet everynight near the moon. That is Mars as it approaches August 27th or 29th or watever the date is - can't remember. Yeah, that is Mars I have done research, read it up in books etc.

[Edited on 13-8-2003 by WeBDeviL]

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The pics are nothing like sunspots, but there have been some large sun spots lately. You can go to Space Weather for info on sunspots, northern lights etc.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The view is different from every area, keep that in mind.
The big object by the sun has been seen in early sunrise and sunset, so I guess there is a reason it could be mistaken from Mars, but I think this object will apear much bigger than Mars...like a second sun once it approaches the eccliptic. Just my guess.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join