It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children In Guantanamo

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It is very simple. A 14 year old combatant is as dangerous as a 25 year old combatant. Age doesn't stop one from pulling a trigger. Simply because we do not enlist 14 year olds doesn't mean the enemy does not. Simply because you are hung up on the number doesn't have a thing to do with a soldier being killed by a 14 year old. Just because you think that they should be released and allowed to rearm and fight again, as many of those who have been released have done, doesn't mean that it is a good idea.

As far as your desire to stray toward the merits of the war, that is not the topic of this thread. You may take that to the other billion threads that relate to that.
As far as me flexing muscle, I do not have to "flex". You have been given fair warning. I'll not tolerate your baiting or disrupive behavior. You'll not get another warning, and I highly suggest you take that as it is and not try and gop toe to toe with me on this issue. Instead, decide whether or not you want to continue being a member here, and conduct yourself according to your decision.
That is all.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
NOT mudslinging name calling. If you can't have a conversation based on LOGICAL analysis of the FACTS without calling someone a Nazi, an idiot or anything else dreogatory then DON'T POST.

Djarums is CORRECT the TAC is going on EXTREME ENFORCEMENT in this forum until we see a HUGE improvement in manners. You DON'T want to make and enemy out of my friend Thomas Crowne either.

That means ALL have been fairly warned. The "slack" typically given to senior members is hereby ENDED until further notice. Expect to be warned, G.Ied and post banned, in that order if you can't control your tongue.

Baiting, purposely posting rhetoric that is within the TAC with the sole intent of inciting another member to react vehemently will be grounds for action as well, whether you did the baiting OR the reacting.

If someone is baiting you, IGNORE THEM, report it to one of the forum Mods and WAIT for them to handle it.

m...

[edit on 6-24-2005 by Springer]

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Funny how the Pro-Human Rights side is often slammed as being anti-American.

Our side will be vindicated when Gitmo is shut down (and it will be soon by the US government as they wake up and listen to their voters) and when this period in US history is seen in the future as the darkest and bleakest of their entire existence.

That's all. Think of us when it happens.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

ps. Oh and try to differentiate when someone says they disagree with AMERICAN FOREIGN POLICY, they do not imply that they hate 360 million Americans. It's a bit of a stretch.

[edit on 24-6-2005 by Jakomo]

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The physical site is irrelevant. You are wasting your time dealing with the details of the particular facility.

The point is, if the violations that have been alleged are actually taking place, it is the policy that needs to be immediately addressed and stopped. Who cares about the specific prison? They could move it anywhere else and continue the tactics there. The focus should be on investigating if these alleged actions actually happened, and changing policy so that they do not happen again.

Bogging yourself down on closing a particular facility may give you a catchy slogan (close gitmo rubber bracelets coming soon?) but it simply will not accomplish what you claim to want.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Passer, again, not fighting when attacked gets you a lost nation. It doesn't get any simpler than that. If the enemy is still fighting, it's because they aren't feeling enough pain. What other way would you suggest? Don't tell me appeasement, as The administration before this one did the "Everyone love me!" routine, and it gave the enemies plenty of time to prepare.

Thomas, I certainly don't have the answers, but doesn't it logically follow that if one tatic is not working, then maybe the tatic is flawed? I am in no way against the American envolvement in Afganni, never was, or more specifically going against OBL, please beleive me when I say nothing would make me happier than to see him in a court of law in the States. Nothing. I just get worried when someone(The US, collectively speaking) tries to tie Saddam to OBL, it is at best IMO tenious and really could be used against just about any Government anywhere. Aren't really all our governments more involved with terrorism than any of us want to admitt?

In the end, I agree with what you are saying about hitting back. If Peter hits you, you have every right to hit Peter back. But what appears to a great many people in the world is that Peter hit you, and you are after Paul. Which is what this debate, at least on my end, is about.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Booo Censorship on ATS

Perfectly good post moved from WOT so people don't see Nygdan's behaviour.

Apparently it's got 'too heated' - I wonder who they mean? and quite why my post should suffer for their mod's actions is beyond me

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CTID56092
Booo Censorship on ATS

Perfectly good post moved from WOT so people don't see Nygdan's behaviour.

Apparently it's got 'too heated' - I wonder who they mean? and quite why my post should suffer for their mod's actions is beyond me

This is not censorship.. This thread was moved to this forum for debate.

The other option was to close it.

If you have something to add to this discussion then by all means do it. But please remember that the terms and conditions of use must be followed.

If you have a complaint about the move or the actions of any staff member please feel free to use the "gripe" form. you can find a clickable tab at the top of every forum page.

A word of advice to all... Stay on topic!

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Hmmm

Thanks for the warning. Looks good against the background.

Debate stifled, job done. Back in my box. Nygdan wins. A good day for all.

I start a legitimate post based on a BBC report of a UN statement re G'mo
A mod (Nygdan) issues warning for use of word 'nazi'
He then abuses people calling them dicks & nazis - gets no warning
Post gets moved for being too heated (ie Nygdan)
I protest at post being moved
I get warning

I know it's only a red flag but it's unjustified and draconian

The mod who warned me hasn't had time yet to warn Nygdan for calling people dicks & Nazis. Sure he's getting 'round to it, sometime.

At the same time people calling for the killing of G'mo prisoners and other unspeakable attrocities are left unwarned.

Not Happy!

Deny Opinion?

Later

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Enough is enough. This thread has been derailed and is going nowhere. Several moderators issued warnings to stay on topic and abide by the Terms and Conditions of Use, unfortunately they were ignored.....so.....It’s time to put this thread “out to pasture”.

Thread Closed

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join