It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children In Guantanamo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Despite Pentagon assurances children as young as 14 were interned in G'mo in direct contravention of yet another international convention,

BBC Newsnight feature

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
They're EEEEEEVIL children and they want to destroy America!

Who's to say what a 14 year old kid would be capable of if we let him loose upon the world? I mean, imagine the possibilities. A kid going through puberty and hating the USA?

It's 1 kid versus 280 million Americans, those odds aren't good enough, we need to "disappear" him.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
i guess Al Qaeda trying to copy Palestinian style using children as martyrs since they are less likely to attract attention, but the Israelis aint stupid. so we aint stupid either about not overlooking children as martyrs. they can be manipulated into thinking if u martyr u are led to paradise.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
deltaboy:

they can be manipulated into thinking if u martyr u are led to paradise.

They haven't been charged with anything.

And, um, sorry to point this out, but they can't really be martyrs if they are still alive, can they?

They're not even terrorists, because they have no even been accused of this in a court of law.

So they're just kids in a prisoncamp.

Go USA!

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
deltaboy:

they can be manipulated into thinking if u martyr u are led to paradise.

And, um, sorry to point this out, but they can't really be martyrs if they are still alive, can they?

umm remember that one kid in the famous photo where he had his hands on the back of his head dressed in oversize jacket and Israelis pointing guns at him?
he was about to be martyred but somehow in his head his concious tells him the terrorists lied. thanks God for that.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CTID56092
Despite Pentagon assurances children as young as 14 were interned in G'mo in direct contravention

Good. 14 year olds are fully capable of murder and mass mayhem. In the west, they are children, in the rest of the world, they're soldiers and fathers.

of yet another international convention,

What convention?

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
If it's OK to detain people without charge, just on suspicion why haven't you extradited that CIA plane bomber to Venezuala?

Wouldn't be a(nother) double-standard would it?

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Nygdan:

In the west, they are children, in the rest of the world, they're soldiers and fathers.

How wildly ignorant and racist. Have you ever actually travelled anywhere out of North America in your life?

Are there metal detectors in high schools in Dubai? Are their security guards with guns walking around in secondary schools in Syria?

I'd be more afraid of an American 14 year old than a Lebanese 14 year old. The American one is just as brainwashed as the Lebanese one, and probably more prone to violence.

"In America, our children are children, in the rest of the world they are soldiers and fathers."

The singlemost uneducated drivel I have ever heard on this site in 2 years, congrats.

jako

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   

If it's OK to detain people without charge, just on suspicion why haven't you extradited that CIA plane bomber to Venezuala?

Wouldn't be a(nother) double-standard would it?

u just have to wait, since he says he had nothing to do with the bombing. so we just checking to make sure he aint lying. u know how the people in Florida will react if we export an innocent to Venezuela.
it be like Gitmo in Venezuela.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Are there metal detectors in high schools in Dubai? Are their security guards with guns walking around in secondary schools in Syria?

Ah, i see. No, I don't mean to say that non westerners are a bunch of savages and that american kids are just kids. What I am saying is that just because someone is young, and thats perceived as being a child in the west, doesn't mean that thats universally true and that the person is not a danger and whatnot.

"In America, our children are children, in the rest of the world they are soldiers and fathers."
The singlemost uneducated drivel I have ever heard on this site in 2 years, congrats.

I didn't say 'ours', and I didn't realize it'd be taken in the way you took it. Obviously I am not trying to denigrate non-westerners.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Good. 14 year olds are fully capable of murder and mass mayhem. In the west, they are children, in the rest of the world, they're soldiers and fathers.

What convention?

This one!

www.unicef.org... (follow link)

Published by part of the UN - which kept the world safe & legal until you decided it didn't suit your agenda anymore!

You signed it but ignore it - makes a change! at least you signed! Perhaps you signed by accident? Or forgot?

[edit on 17-6-2005 by CTID56092]

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I can't believe this, but I'm agreeing with Jakomo on this one (sans his attacks on Nygan's position)... The US should NOT be in the business of detaining foreign children without a quick process of repatriation or returning to foreign authorities... There is a line, and if this is true, that line was crossed.

As for this:

Are there metal detectors in high schools in Dubai?

No, because there's no way they'd stand the incessant ringing sound... They carry around AK's like we carry around cell phones.

Are their security guards with guns walking around in secondary schools in Syria?

Yes, but they're called police, military, terrorists, or just average citizens.

Granted, the above is my opinion, based on travelling in only about (counts...) 7 Middle Eastern countries (living in one of them)... I have not been in those particular two areas... Dubai is in the UAE, so it's actually likely pretty moderate...plus that's a more civilized city... Than again, so was Riyadh, and the police there all carried machine guns, and yes, near schools.

[edit on 17-6-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

[This one!

www.unicef.org... (follow link)

Published by part of the UN - which kept the world safe & legal until you decided it didn't suit your agenda anymore!

You signed it but ignore it - makes a change! at least you signed! Perhaps you signed by accident? Or forgot?

it doesnt say anithing about children who wants to be martyrs. looks like they need to change it. how to deal with children who want to be like Osama's followers. after all many terrorists are fathers and well u know wat they gonna teach their children.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Ngydan: Sorry about the misunderstanding, that was the way I happened to read it.

Sorry for the confusion.

jako

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I believe it's "spirit" is to cover all children...so yes, it is a violation, and a legitimate one, if true.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
well if u got a kid standing near ya, that has explosives around his body, u try to deal with him. cant apprehend him, cause it probably make him mad and push the button.
wat happens if u release and he trys to commit martyr again eh?

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

it doesnt say anithing about children who wants to be martyrs. looks like they need to change it. how to deal with children who want to be like Osama's followers. after all many terrorists are fathers and well u know wat they gonna teach their children.

No it talks about children full stop (period!). When the US signed it did they have their fingers crossed? Child soldiers were a feature of '45 onwards so not sure how a new tactic changes your obligations as a signatory.

Or does America's signature on anything actually count for nothing? Are you a nation of your word?

[edit on 17-6-2005 by CTID56092]

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Sorry for the confusion.

The confusion was my fault, and you had the same reaction I would've to what you thought I wrote.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   

No it talks about children full stop (period!). When the US signed it did they have their fingers crossed? Child soldiers were a feature of '45 onwards so not sure how a new tactic changes your obligations as a signatory.

Or does America's signature on anything actually count for nothing? Are you a nation of your word?

so wat would u do if that child has explosive around him or her? do u shoot, no i dont dink u the type who would shoot, maybe u could let him or her explode right next to u, but i dink u rather live. even u manage to stop him or her, wat happens the next time he or she tries to blow up next to innocent people because his or her brain has already "programmed" to hate infidels and kill everywhere u can find them.l

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
deltaboy:

well if u got a kid standing near ya, that has explosives around his body, u try to deal with him. cant apprehend him, cause it probably make him mad and push the button. wat happens if u release and he trys to commit martyr again eh?

?!?! Do you have information that shows these kids were arrested while having explosives strapped to them? Does ANYONE other thanthe US military have this info?

IF they are 100% terrorists, it really wouldn't be a difficult thing to PROVE it in a court of law, would it?

But yet they don't and they haven't and they probably won't.

Let me ask you this:

If a 14 year old American child was arrested in, say, Moscow for threatening a Russian soldier and he was put in prison for 3 years without a trial or a lawyer or access to his family, what would be your position?

jako

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join