It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George W. Bush Dictatorship?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiRtYDeViL
lol LeftBehind great name and your right! I just wish Bush and the rest of them would be raptured.

Perhaps ruptured????

No... He's not a good president, by any means. Can't come up with a foreign policy that works, can't string two words together without huge lapses in memory and lots of "umms" in between. He is a bully, a man of questionable veracity, and ethics. And I am not so ure he wasn't handed the re-election, by folks who are scheming and ... ummm.... gently unethical, and immoral....

Here's hoping, that in the time he has left, that he does not bring about an armageddon.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AWingAndASigh
Do you recall the virulent criticizm of the moderates who forged the agreement to end the filibuster crisis? And the threats to end the filibuster!

The dems were trying to end the filibuster when they had the majority. It's the way of politics. Also, the filibuster (for these purposes) wasn't even an option until relatively recently (don't have the exact date, but I believe it was the late 60s early 70s).

There are plenty of real gripes, please try and avoid the hypocritical ones.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marid Audran
There are plenty of real gripes, please try and avoid the hypocritical ones.

But if you tell all these lefties not to say anything that's hypocritical, then they won't have anything "left" (get it?) to say.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Also, the filibuster (for these purposes) wasn't even an option until relatively recently (don't have the exact date, but I believe it was the late 60s early 70s).

Er... Someone has been listening to the party lies. Look at the Senate web site on this issue:

www.senate.gov...

Please specifically note the following quote:

In the smaller Senate, unlimited debate continued on the grounds that any senator should have the right to speak as long as necessary on any issue.

Yet another example of how Bush and Co are trying to rewrite history to suit themselves.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
i live in the uk, and it seems AWingAndASigh, that (i take you are american) britain and the us are suffering the same problems.

you mentioned immigration, which britian is having huge problems with. its just people coming over and 'sponging' off the state.

you also mentioned justice is no good. we also suffer for that problem. criminals get hardly anytime in prison. we are only allowed to defend our homes if we use "resonable" force... how the hell are you ment to know how to use force 3 o clock in the morning with a bugler in your house? its absurd!

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   

i live in the uk, and it seems AWingAndASigh, that (i take you are american) britain and the us are suffering the same problems.

They seem to be common problems around the globe right now. Perhaps because of our past political choices?

I know France and Spain are having significant problems with immigration as well, and crime seems to be rampant everywhere.

Just goes to show that we humans tend to be far more similar than we are different.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by AWingAndASigh

They seem to be common problems around the globe right now. Perhaps because of our past political choices?

such as wars, allleinces, economy, and disaters?

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer
There is no plan on him becoming dictator, America has and will always be a democracy. There's one thing you have to admit with George W. Bush in power things get done. He's a good leader, just a little too religious .

Technnially America is a Republic not a democracy. I think it's a Corperate Oligarchy. No, I don't have to admit GWB is a good leader and gets things done. GWB is just the spokesperson for Rove, Cheney and Wolfiwitz and the rest of the neo-cons; the real leaders of this "Republic."

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by midgetstar
well.. i'm kinda new to this site but i have a strong opinion on these matters.. bush is in no way shape or form smart enough to proclaim himself a dictator... bush isn't raeally isn't even smart enought to be the president, and he isn't!!!! he is a little maryannete (a puppet with strings that somebody holds) and many others are holding the strings including Cheney!!!!

Well, Bush himself said he would love to be a dictator and it would be a heck of alot easier for him to run this country if he is a dictator. True, he's doesn't seem smart enough to be a dictator but maybe that just his act. Maybe he does so people will feel sorry for him. Nonetheless, he's a middle man in all of this. Cheney is running things behind the curtains in this country.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join