It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George W. Bush Dictatorship?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
What is it about the George W. Bush government that makes them want to control everything we see and do? They intimidate the news media so they can't say anything bad about GW and friends. They ignore illegal immigration to the point of treason. They clamp down on US citizens to the point of a prison state (while the illegal immigrants are free to rob and murder left and right). They absolutely DON'T listen to their constituents, but plow ahead with every off the wall and disasterous program in history. If any elected official does object to what GW Bush and friends want, they're villified and punished. They give all our money to the rich folks, and spend so much money that the poor folks will be paying through the nose until the cows come home. They threaten every other country on the globe with invasion. They hand over massive amounts to corporations in tax breaks and incentives. They accept massive amounts of funds from corporations and do exactly as told by said corporations with nary a denial that they're being bribed. They spend millions on overseas aid, but won't lift a finger for an American in trouble.

What's going on with this government? Is there really a plan for George W. Bush to become dictator?

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
There is no plan on him becoming dictator, America has and will always be a democracy. There's one thing you have to admit with George W. Bush in power things get done. He's a good leader, just a little too religious .

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Nothing with utility to anyone but a few war profiteers has been done since George W Bush was inaugurated as a quasi-POTUS.

While the regime can use its power in the three branches of government to enforce the agenda on an unwitting public, it is unlikely that Bush will ever be construed a dictator, as he is a puppet. Stupider than a wooden one, but still a puppet.

link   
I guess the problem is I don't agree with the things he gets done. I don't think he's helping the American people much, and we're FAR worse off now than we were when he got into office.

I say he wants to become a dictator tongue in cheek, and yet in a way, I'm serious. The level of control exerted by this government is almost scary. I almost expect them to start acting against ALL political dissent.

I won't be sorry to see them go.

link   
Everything you said is right on the money, now you get to laugh while you read the morons that try and defend Bush policies go ahead warn me the truth hurts

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer
There is no plan on him becoming dictator, America has and will always be a democracy. There's one thing you have to admit with George W. Bush in power things get done. He's a good leader, just a little too religious .

Really what gets done? Everything gets f**ed up more like it. Name one example of good leadership please enlighten us.

[edit on 8-6-2005 by DiRtYDeViL]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
There's another thing they're trying to do that really bugs me - they're interfering with the separation of powers. Do you recall the outcry and threats against the judiciary when they ruled against the parents of Terri Schialvo? Do you recall the virulent criticizm of the moderates who forged the agreement to end the filibuster crisis? And the threats to end the filibuster!

Yeah, on the one side I say it could never happen - George W. Bush could never proclaim himself dictator. And yet on the other, when I see what they're doing, I wonder how far we really are from just that.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The justice you get in this country is the justice you can afford. The rich make their own laws, laws are in place to protect the common man. Who is in charge of our government? Guess what they are making their own laws and we sit idle and let them. While they convince us all it’s for our own protection. When are people going to wise to this! How long is it going to take?

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
The fact that people let them get away with it isn't what really bugs me. Even a really bad politician is self-limiting because when their term is up, it's adios.

What really bugs me is that Americans put this fool back in office. What does that say about us? Or is that yet another conspiracy with Bush and Co. falsifying the election to make it look like he won when he really didn't?

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Or it could be that in both 2000 and 2004 the key states were stolen.

In Ohio in 2004 and in Florida 2000, the same person in charge of elections was also the head of the Bush campaign in their respective states.

Whatever happened to conflict of interest?

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
That's an ongoing problem in our election systems. It's quite routine for a specific party to run the polling centers, and accusations are traded back and forth about rigging the votes all the time.

However, stealing a Presidential election would be rigging beyond anything we've ever seen before.

Any chance it could have been a CIA type op by his father?

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
lol LeftBehind great name and your right! I just wish Bush and the rest of them would be raptured.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Well, there are those who say he's manufacturing global disaster to bring about Armageddon. But somehow I don't think he and his friends would be involved in any Rapture, if you get my meaning.

The Man Upstairs doesn't usually care for the types who dump on people in trouble - doesn't quite fit with the 'love one another' scenario. Somehow I can't see much approval of Corporate Welfare at the expense of the poor.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I was being a smart ass.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Both Bush and Tom DeLay support slave labor in a US territory.

In the Northern Marianas Islands [a US territory north of Australia] essentially slave labor conditions exist.

. . immigrants -- from China, the Philippines, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh -- were being paid barely half the U.S. minimum hourly wage and were forced to live behind barbed wire in squalid shacks minus plumbing, work 12 hours a day, often seven days a week, . .
www.cnn.com...

Abramoff who's lobbying firm took 3 Million dollars in lobbying fees from the Northern Marianas is now under criminal investigation.
He raised over One hundred thousand dollars for the Republican party, and many thousands of dollars directly to both Bush and DeLay. DeLay as well has gone on many golf and other vacations to the Marianas and many other places, all paid for by Abramoff's firm.

Here is a case of Human trafficing for the sex trade in the Marianas.

Three individuals who plead guilty . . . on charges that they lured women from China, held them in slavery and forced them into prostitution . . . Saipan, Northern Mariana Islands,
www.usdoj.gov...

Now they want to turn the US Mainland into a slave labor zone too.
The US government is doing nothing to stop illegal immigration across the US's southern border. More slave labor for the corporations that own the congress and whitehouse.
Eventually the American workplace is going to be a wash in sub-minimum wage workers.
Since they are all illegal it also fosters an environment of lawlessness. These people can not utilize legal avenues when problems arise, so they will inevitably turn to criminal actions.

You can kiss whatever lawfulness the US ever had goodbye.

These leaders profess a belief in God [if obviously not morality] so they will expect you to accept whatever they say on faith alone.

Aren't you a believer too?

[edit on 9-6-2005 by slank]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
There's a top story on MSNBC right now that says Hispanics are now 1 in 7 Americans. There's also an online poll that shows 59% say that's a minus for America.

I wonder why the pols don't listen? Besides the fact that they're crooked, I mean?

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The president can declare anybody that he wants to be an enemy combatant, and send them to Guantanamo or somewhere else to be held without access to a lawyer or the courts. The courts have recently tried to moderate this power, but they accept in principle that it exists. They told the gov't either to charge native born US citizen Jose Padilla with a crime, let him go, or show them why he should be held. The government has so far ignored the courts.
If you can make anybody that disagrees with you disappear, how much more power do you need? We do it my way or you go to sunny Cuba.
That he hasn't used the power all that much doesn't mean that he doesn't have it and couldn't use it. Especially since so far, most people have bought the big lie and let him do what he wanted. He still has several years to go before his term expires. What could happen if "the people" start to disagree with him in large numbers? What will happen if the sheep in congress ever decide to grow some gonads?

It boggles the mind.

Christian the Boggled (tm)

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I agree. The government has grabbed more power for itself in this administration than ever before - for what? What legitimate purpose could they have? If it was truly for the war on terror, wouldn't we be seeing more substantial arrests and prosecutions?

There's so much inconsistency in what they're doing that I find it VERY hard to believe them when they say it's to protect the American people.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
well.. i'm kinda new to this site but i have a strong opinion on these matters.. bush is in no way shape or form smart enough to proclaim himself a dictator... bush isn't raeally isn't even smart enought to be the president, and he isn't!!!! he is a little maryannete (a puppet with strings that somebody holds) and many others are holding the strings including Cheney!!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
if doubt Bush will become a dictator for life on America, if he tends to eliminate future elections than dis thread came true, but if he steps down wen his term is over than yall be wrong.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join