It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to handle the Koran , Official DOD guidelines

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mainer
Hm, I wonder what the Armed Forces guidelines for handling Mein Kampf was in World War Two?

Are You Comparing Mein Kampf to Holy Qu'ran?

I hope not.

Maybe I missunderstood You.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Originally posted by BaastetNoir

I dont even know if i should bother to bleiev this or even make a comment ... hmmm... naaahhh...no point... besides in Muslem countries the simple fact of owning a Bible is considered a crime... so who the hell are they kidding ?

Wait...but...didn't...didn't you just make a comment?

shhhh...noone noticed that ...lol *whissle blower *

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I dont even know if i should bother to bleiev this or even make a comment ... hmmm... naaahhh...no point... besides in Muslem countries the simple fact of owning a Bible is considered a crime... so who the hell are they kidding ?

ALL Muslim countries? Source?

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainJailew

source , a friend of mine that was in the Desert Sotrm and is now awaiting to go to Iraq. He was WARNED as soon as he got there, that according to their law its a crime to carry a Bible.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainJailew

I belive that Saudi Arabia (Big USA Ally) is also a big Anti Catholic Country, that arrests Catholics and Shreds Bibles.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Originally posted by Mainer
Hm, I wonder what the Armed Forces guidelines for handling Mein Kampf was in World War Two?

Are You Comparing Mein Kampf to Holy Qu'ran?

I hope not.

Maybe I missunderstood You.

Insofar as it is a collection of words, on paper, favored by what is considered the other side of this modern war, than yes, I am. At least the Qu'ran is not actually Anti-semetic, just used as a tool for such.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I recently found out from a friend traveling abroad to Saudi Arabia that if you try to enter their country with a Bible it is confiscated and burned, most times before your eyes. He was told that this is common practice in many muslim countries. Why then should we respect the koran?

I mean I believe in equal rights for all but why are we going through so much trouble over a really dumb book? They don`t show any respect for any other religion or non-muslim for that matter but we are attacked and riots ensue because of an allegation of the mishandleing of their beloved book. We are the only nation who goes through such extreme measures to be politically correct and not offend anyone yet all the hypocrits lash out against us as if we are the worst people on the planet. It is becoming clearer and clearer to me every day that these book worshipers are the true enemy. Anyone who puts the value of paper over the value of anothers life is pure evil. Their jealousy of us fuels their rage. Their arrogance and disregard for human life is fueling my anger and hatred towards them every day.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
My god! We are treating probably innocent people with respect while we hold them on false charges with no trials! That's so un-American! Since the US started reviews last fall, so far 40 has been, or will be released, because they were not found to be enemy combatants at all. How many more of the 520 will the US admit they picked up by mistake?

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
You have voted csulli456 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Holy Smoke, you nailed it right on the head!!

America goes out of our way to respect Islam, while the Bible gets burned at airports in Saudi Arabia......speaking of Saudi Arabia-Souljah, I think they should have been nuked flat for their monetary support for radical Islam...Im not sure why Bush let them off the hook.

Maximu§

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
My god! We are treating probably innocent people with respect while we hold them on false charges with no trials! That's so un-American! Since the US started reviews last fall, so far 40 has been, or will be released, because they were not found to be enemy combatants at all. How many more of the 520 will the US admit they picked up by mistake?

Bingo. Thats what I am getting at, we are being distracted by stupid little things like handling a holy book with latex gloves. We are missing the forest for the trees.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
You have voted csulli456 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

I second that emotion...I mean motion.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme

Right - "probably innocent".
That's the half of the story that favors your position. My God, you naive fool! Why did you leave out the part where some of those released from Gitmo were caught again trying to kill U.S. forces and Iraqi civilians?

Regarding the true focus of this thread, I believe we should use the Saudi Arabian model for dealing with the Koran - any way we feel like it at the moment. Pilum practice works for me, as the paper is the wrong kind for use in the bathroom.

And before someone attacks me for "not rising above the actions of others", hey, I'm not God, and don't claim to be that perfect. I don't have to let everything go by and I don't. But for those that think I should try to act more that way, I say, let the first among you without any sin attack me. Otherwise, give it a major rest.

[edit on 6/8/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by csulli456
I recently found out from a friend traveling abroad to Saudi Arabia that if you try to enter their country with a Bible it is confiscated and burned, most times before your eyes. He was told that this is common practice in many muslim countries. Why then should we respect the koran?

We have this thing we value called the constitution, and we can't pick and choose who it applies to. EVEN IF they shred our Bibles and Books of Mormon and Vedas and (insert non-Muslim holy book) WE as AMERICANS must uphold liberty and INALIENABLE rights for all of those under our care.

This is not a question of religious equity, or eye for an eye, but instead of legality and the American constitution.

EDIT - SPELLING

[edit on 8-6-2005 by CaptainJailew]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I have NO IDEA where you get this constitution arguement from. The White House probably lines their urinals with that document or have it printed on the TP.

And as for legality, they aren't in the US to begin with...
so our laws don't apply...I think.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadMojo
I have NO IDEA where you get this constitution arguement from. The White House probably lines their urinals with that document or have it printed on the TP.

And as for legality, they aren't in the US to begin with...
so our laws don't apply...I think.

They are still under US control and supervision which means they are still afforded the same rights that we are, just like our commonwealths like Puerto Rico aren't part of the mainland US or even a state, they still have rights.

Even if some constitutional liberties have been eroded by the White House does that mean they ALL should? We can't start making exceptions WILLINGLY when they are taking away our rights against our will, because if you allow this to happen to Muslims in Gitmo, how long do you think it will be before we allow further and further detractions from our rights?

Its just not something I am willing to justify, not because I like terrorists, but because I like my rights the way they are.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Captain, wake up. Have you many posts here? How many rights do we have left...that aren't on the way out? Oh yeah...how to handle the koran.

Attach a carrying device (maybe a handle) to the spine...very convinient, very portable.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Right - "probably innocent".
That's the half of the story that favors your position. My God, you naive fool! Why did you leave out the part where some of those released from Gitmo were caught again trying to kill U.S. forces and Iraqi civilians?

[edit on 6/8/2005 by centurion1211]

If I was falsely imprisoned and tortured, I'd probably become a terrorist too. What would you expect me to do? Just laugh it off and say mistakes happen? Another example of how the US is creating more terrorists than it destroys. There needs to be a serious change in our foreign policy, or it's just going to get worse and worse. Maybe that's the plan all along.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The US goes above and beyond treating the prisoners properly. Where do you think these people get the Koran from in the first place? The US issues the Koran to them like it was toothpaste.

And don't forget it is SOP for these people to cry abuse, even when there is none. Just like the Democrats in the last election crying "irregularities" when none exist.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

Originally posted by deltaboy
imagine yerself standing in a street of Pakistan, and u as an infidel is holding THE BOOK, and everybody is watching u and are moving and surrounding u and u raise THE BOOK, and they look at u in every detail. yer hair, yer eyes yer body, and then......u drop THE BOOK by accident, wat happens?

you do know muslims arnt just arab's?

question

if the person wasnt muslim why would he be carrying a Quran

why would he/she hold the Quran high when its mostly held next to the chest

why pakistan?

why would people stare at the person for holding the Quran ( because they would know that person is muslim who is caring it )

[edit on 8-6-2005 by bodrul]

u didnt get my point did ya? its ok i already pointed out that the person holding THE BOOK is an infidel, nothing to do with who looks like a Muslim. in anicase im trying to show how Muslims would react if some non-muslim was holding the book wat would they do, and if he or she dropped the book by accident what would they do, how would they react?

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadMojo
Captain, wake up. Have you many posts here? How many rights do we have left...that aren't on the way out? Oh yeah...how to handle the koran.

Attach a carrying device (maybe a handle) to the spine...very convinient, very portable.

Yes, certainly my post count on a conspiracy theory website indicates my level of education and my desire to maintain whatever current level of rights we have left (no matter how little they may be)

Why give up rights if they are already being taken away? WHY?

Look, I agree that this whole handling of the Koran business has been blown WAY out of proportion, BUT I see no reason to simply brush aside these claims without investigation. If there were reports of Federal prison guards beating up inmates for no reason, or forcefully removing their rights, would you say it is "ok" because they are prisoners? I just don't think we should ever accept a theft of our liberties, or those of others without some sort of struggle. Do you really want to lie complacent as the government tramples some simply because it isn't you?

First they came for the Jews
And I did not speak out –
Because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the communists
Because I was not a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists
Because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me –

And there was no-one left
To speak out for me.