It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tanks In The Streets Of New York

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   

On a recent trip to NY City (last weekend) three gun-mounted, armored tanks/vehicles were driving through the streets of Manhattan. I took these pictures with my camera phone (hence the crappy quality).

I couldn’t believe how many people just waved at the armed soldiers peeking out of the top, many even cheered loudly in support. Nobody took the time to say, “why the hell are armed soldiers and tanks rolling down the middle of the street?!”

This happened the day after I saw a NYPD officer in Times Square – he was simply standing around watching the pedestrian traffic, the only thing out of place… he was carrying a machine gun!

www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I've seen them surround the Federal building in Atlanta with tanks on several occassions. Don't know if it's routine training or a response to something, but this is the age we live in.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Hey - I bet Newyorkers now feel pretty much Safe with armor on the streets huh?

Looks like Jerusalem to me....

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Not just like Jerusalem, but also Baghdad, Basra, citys in Afghanistan, some countrys in South America ...

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek
Not just like Jerusalem, but also Baghdad, Basra, citys in Afghanistan, some countrys in South America ...

N.W.O. knocking on our door?

[edit on 8/6/05 by Souljah]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Originally posted by yanchek

NOW knocking on our door?

Yes, soon comming to a cinema near you.

Heavens forbid.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
I've seen them surround the Federal building in Atlanta with tanks on several occassions. Don't know if it's routine training or a response to something, but this is the age we live in.

What sort of training involves tanks in urban areas? its not like the USA is going to be invaded. Training for marshal law perhaps?

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

What sort of training involves tanks in urban areas? its not like the USA is going to be invaded. Training for marshal law perhaps?

Probably something big is going to happen.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Well said RANT. Either the government isn't doing enough or it is oppressive. There is no middle ground for some people. I don't think it's necessary to go into detail about why tanks were spotted in NYC. And no, it's nothing like Bagdad, Gaza Strip, or any other high conflict area. Until they are there on a daily basis firing and taking fire that's just flat out false.

As RANT said, it's just the age we live in.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
You guys think Tanks on the Streets Increase od Decrease the Level of Security?

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Right on queue, the baseless conspiracies start flying.

This is exactly what I was referring to.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
You guys think Tanks on the Streets Increase od Decrease the Level of Security?

I dont know, to my knowledge, low level security doesnt envolve tanks, im not sure what to make of this. Anyone from new york able to shed some light on this?

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I shed some light on it from the realistic point of view, but I guess that is not what is meant by the question. Let me know if you want to discuss anything within that realm. But fair warning, if aliens are mentioned as being involved.....

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
What I wanted to ask was this:

I would be pretty nervous if I was going to work and find out that there are Tanks blocking the street I am supposed to work on.

I would think about it all day, asking myself, what in the world is wrong, or what is going to happen, so that Tanks were called in.

That would leave me pretty much upset.

And I wouldnt feel any more "Secure"...

[edit on 8/6/05 by Souljah]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Those are Marine Corps LAVs. They are rated for road use and have been on American streets for years and years going either to maneuvers, or to static displays (when military gear goes on display in a park, etc.) Instead of carrying them on the back of a semi truck they simply drive them. Paranoid types always get a big kick out of them though. ^^

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah_John
Those are Marine Corps LAVs. They are rated for road use and have been on American streets for years and years going either to maneuvers, or to static displays (when military gear goes on display in a park, etc.) Instead of carrying them on the back of a semi truck they simply drive them. Paranoid types always get a big kick out of them though. ^^

Ahhhhh! Then everything is A-OK!

We can all Sleep Soundly and Everything is Allright!

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
It doesn't matter what anyone has to say or provide to the discussion; Souljah has already made up his mind that there is much, much, much more to the story then we are led to believe.

Again, I don't think we need to debate the need for the military to occasionally conduct training exercises in NYC.

For the conspiracy lovers: you have to choose your battles wisely or else your credibility will suffer if you ever do find something of interest.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
OK. I suppose some of you think they're protecting us..or doing "exercises"

Please understand what is happening, wont you?

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah_John

Ahh, i dont live in America, so i wouldnt know this

Cheers for clearing this up.

I thought it was odd

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
OK. I suppose some of you think they're protecting us..or doing "exercises"

Please understand what is happening, wont you?

Please enlighten us, won't you?

And cite your sources.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join