It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tanks In The Streets Of New York

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
OK. I suppose some of you think they're protecting us..or doing "exercises"

Please understand what is happening, wont you?

Let's see... DG from Tempe, AZ is now also an expert on everything that goes on in New York City and what it all means?

Yeah, right.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

Originally posted by thesaneone
i can understand that but for 1: 3 1/2 years later and 2:why did they demand my personal info?

1. The DHS wasn't around 3.5 years ago, they also had to create that class which I'm sure took at least some time. Plus there are thousands of tolls in the US, how many people at DHS are working toll duty?

2. Have you ever been to a program or know of one like that where they didn't or don't ask you for personal info?
I'm pretty sure they ask for that stuff to make sure there are no corrupt toll workers purposly letting known criminals/terrorists through....

That's OK, the terrorsists all have IPASS.

[edit on 8-6-2005 by HowardRoark]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Those were Strykers, weren't they? It's a light armored, wheeled vehicle (not treaded like a tank)

Not much different than seeing an Army truck really...I wouldn't make too much of it...

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It is certainly a strange day and age when a vehicle can not even drive from place to place without someone deciding it means they're taking over the world.

Perhaps next time the vehicle should have a sign stating its purpose on it? Although if it did some people like Mr. Jones would then say they're lying. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Maybe a law banning the use of all green vehicles in the vicinity of the nervous.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
It is certainly a strange day and age when a vehicle can not even drive from place to place without someone deciding it means they're taking over the world.

It really isn't that strange of a day or age. This is just a strange forum. Many posters come here to fulfill their fantasies.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I notice everyone disregarded that it was Fleet Week when the author took his picture... The possibility of a presentation or show doesn't occur to anyone.

Movie was another option that occurred to me. Anyone check the casting call list?
www.extrasformovies.com...

lol streets rated for tanks? Sometimes i wonder if our streets are rated for cars... theyre bad enough as it is.

That's what I wondered... WAS that New York City? I remember some fairly narow streets and fairly dense traffic that didn't seem to be optimal for military vehicles.

But as far as the regularity of tanks rolling down the streets.. ive only seen it once. Martial Law gripping NYC
sorry guys.

Plus, I think we'd have had a LOT of comment about it. Consider all the reports we got from 9/11. This guy's trying to convince us that there was a secret military takeover of NYC and nobody in NYC complained?

Not unless they pumped the water full of tranquilizers and sprayed the air with Prozac.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Maybe it's pandemic preparedness. If bird flu gets out of control with a 70% death rate with no vaccine for anyone, they might need some tanks in New York to keep the peace, not to mention keeping the troops from catching from the infecteds.

OK, yes, I do have bird flu on the brain. And I've been reading this board long enough to get just that bit of paranoid ...

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
There is a military recruiting booth in Times Square. I worked across the street from it for several years and it wasn't unusual for them to park a tank or other impressive military vehicle near it to attract people.

As far as the NYPD carrying machine guns, that's become part of daily life in the city since 9/11. So are the drills several times a month involving 20 police cars with lights flashing, black SUVs, and other assorted emergency vehicles closing off streets and speeding down highways in various parts of the city. It used to be unnerving, but I don't even notice it anymore.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
You guys think Tanks on the Streets Increase od Decrease the Level of Security?

Well I guess they need to use streets to get from Point A to Point B. Tanks don't fly, remember! Not yet, at least.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Wow, the great replies from (almost) everyone here has given me new confidence in this site. It gets really, REALLY old when literally everything in the news is twisted and contorted to fit within the conspiracy/anti-government agenda. The motto here is Deny Ignorance, but from what I've seen it's more like "Create Ignorance".

Anyway, just wanted to say how refreshing it is to see that people on the site are actually being realistic in their assessment of a situation. And best of all, humor AND wit are mixed right in.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I was reading on Rense.com that they're probably drilling for martial law/Red-Blue List roundup (for concentration camps). See Signs of the Next Attack?

My mother lives in Detroit. I ought to ask her if anything like that's been going on there. I live out near Amish country myself, and nothing out of the ordinary has been going on around here. I sure haven't heard anything about Cleveland.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Ahh, and then it begins again.

All you can do is shake your head and wonder why people choose a obsessive-compulsive life of paranoia.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by backtoreality
Ahh, and then it begins again.

All you can do is shake your head and wonder why people choose a obsessive-compulsive life of paranoia.

Know what, hindsight is 20/20.

I know for a fact (Bible prophecy) that the NWO will come into power. All I'm doing here is watching what's going on. You take a bunch of little puzzle pieces from here and there, and you have a truly frightening NWO picture.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
@Byrd|Yes, it's NYC. Look at the crossing lights.

A Deli right next to the tank. Looks like they were on their way to a base and just had to get some bagels and a drink. So they decide to go to NYC because it was the closest.

Okay anyways.
I've never seen a tank/truck roll down the streets of Manhattan before but maybe they were probably there to either go to shows or just an advertisement for the army. I've seen ads for a couple of military shows right outside of NYC.
But I have never seen a tank/truck just sitting there to get people to join the army. I still have no idea why they would cheer for the tank/truck and still not question them. Like they say New Yorkers think they have seen everything.
If NYC is put on martial law I'm pretty sure the people wouldn't do sqaut because they may think it's for their benefit. Some people these days never question the motives of our government. I doubt three armored vehicles can control miles of land. I also can't rule out that there may be more armored vehicles elsewhere. Maybe this is what our government is becoming.

I am also positive a NWO will occur in our lifetimes.

@backtoreality|It is aliens I'm super positive!
[edit on 8-6-2005 by CookieMonster000]

[edit on 8-6-2005 by CookieMonster000]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
No problem at all. I also believe in the Bible, word for word. The problem is we have absolutely no idea when this will happen.

I look at it this way:

Everyone thinks that now, right now, this point in the history of the earth/universe is highly significant. That's quite cocky, don't you think? If at any time during the last thousand years there was a "good chance" for this stuff to happen, it would have been WWII. The paranoid people on this site would die of a stress-induced heart attack in a week if they lived in the WWII times.

Granted, in the Bible it states that when "nation rises against nation..." you will know the end times are near. So I agree with your assessment in that sense.

p.s. thanks for the good reply--stated your thoughts, but weren't stupid about it. (i.e. no mass generalizing or writting it all off as a coverup)

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by backtoreality
No problem at all. I also believe in the Bible, word for word. The problem is we have absolutely no idea when this will happen.

I would agree somewhat. Though I'm sure it'll happen in my lifetime (I'm only 32), God may lengthen the time it takes, so we could go another hundred year. Just that at the way things are going right now, from a human perspective, the NWO is close at hand.

I look at it this way:

Everyone thinks that now, right now, this point in the history of the earth/universe is highly significant. That's quite cocky, don't you think? If at any time during the last thousand years there was a "good chance" for this stuff to happen, it would have been WWII. The paranoid people on this site would die of a stress-induced heart attack in a week if they lived in the WWII times.

Interestingly enough, the Bible does tell of a time when men's hearts will fail them for fear! We're getting into that time now if we're not already in it.

Granted, in the Bible it states that when "nation rises against nation..." you will know the end times are near. So I agree with your assessment in that sense.

Then of course, there's the end of the book of Daniel, that mentions the time of the end as being when "knowledge shall be increased" and people are "running to and fro." Sounds like our time.

p.s. thanks for the good reply--stated your thoughts, but weren't stupid about it. (i.e. no mass generalizing or writting it all off as a coverup)

Thanks for the compliment.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
A round of thanks to our NYC members. That's another valuable thing this site has -- if there was something coming down, our members would be all over it and posting here.

We've seen this before, when we had members in a town where there was a significant incident -- good reporting, no overblown facts, good links to media and other sources to confirm the details.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I just want to know: were they successful in taking New York? How's the occupation going? Any resistance?

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
No they were not successful. I'm pretty sure they didn't even try.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The occupation is horrible...

Me, and the rest of the resistance are heading up madison avenue right now to meet those scumdog imperialist americans... we're stuck in traffic right now though...

From the last report I heard... the yellow squadron is being delayed too.

We're trying to cut the Americans off by the time they arrive at "Ray Parks pizza" near Rockaway. If we can cut them off near ray parks we can have a slice, and a fist fight.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join