It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lake Champlain Sea Monster "Champ"!! Photo!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Keep in mind we are talking about "Champ" the sea-monster of Lake Champlain on the border of Vermont and New York. Not nessie in the U.K.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
But all air-breathing animals – reptiles, mammals, amphibians and birds – seem unlikely candidates for the monster's true identity. For wouldn't an animal that needed regular intakes of air provide us with more frequent sightings? Nessie's apparent diffidence is more consistent with the lifestyle of some kind of fish – perhaps a giant eel, a catfish or a sturgeon.

I'll search more when i get back. Right now i've gotta go out.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Ive been out on lake Champlain because i have another house there and my fathers sister lives right in vermont, when i say i was on lake champlain i mean fishing out on a boat lol its nice there its right on the Canadian border.. maybe 5 minutes from the border patrol check in station. I haven't seen champ but ive heard about the storys i remember this topic before from on here and i think people said it was a log..

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I'm going out on Lake Champlain today (6pm), so i'll keep a look out for Champ and report back.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
You know with all these ancient animal claims, I'm starting to believe that its possible for them to exist. There are animals that haven't changed for millions of years. Triops is one of them. That and the fact the animals are showing intelligence. Recently some 13 year old girl was being held against her will and a pair of lions came to her aid. They think that the lions heard her cries like they were the sounds of a lion cub. I'm sure that would fool the lions initially but after the kidnapper were gone why would they stay?
with intelligence like that that I bet an ancient animal would be able to keep out of the watchful eyes of humans. I bet they would also be able to survive without letting their presence known.

just my thoughts on it

-Aza

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Heres an article about operation deepscan, which searched loch Ness a few years back.Operation deepscan
On the first day of scanning the sonar made three contacts.The contacts were said to be bigger than a shark but smaller than a whale.

The first reported sighting on loch ness was in 565 ad by Saint Columba,
Article

We know little about what our vast oceans hold and im sure that some of these water monsters could still exist today. You never know, Nessie and Champ may even be the same animal that migrates as the seasons change looking for others to mate with, Just a thought!

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Picture of Champ:

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
"Muggles don't see nothn' do they?"

I remember a while ago some people did a survey to see how much people notice the unexplained. They dressed a volunteer up in a purple gorilla suit and had him walk through a busy bank. Afterwards he got out of the gorilla suit and asked some people if they had just seen a purple gorrila walk through the bank. Most said no.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
1) the breeding population question always burts the bubble on these tourism attractions, I mean mythological beasts. Why are they never seen in groups ? lets say you need 30 adults to maintain a good gene pool (and I am being very generous to the beleivers there) and you have 2 offspring per pair (not gong to require population growth), thats 60 animals........me thinks they'd leave a little more evidence......

2) if we sent in cameras, drained the lake , caught it and put it on CNN.....the mystery would be gone, and the poor thing would be dead or in an aquarium.....what good is that ?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
If they really wanna find this creature why dont they put cameras on trees in the lake i mean if there is a pleisaur living there one of the cameras would find it dont you think? If they tried this for about a month and saw nothing we would know if there really is a pleisaur in the lake or not.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   
abeliever,

This is true, but nobody knows if "Champ" lives in Lake Champlain full time or if Lake Champlain is just a breeding ground or something. Lake Champlain is connected to the ocean by riverways the run up into Canada.

I believe that there is more than one "Champ", but we still use just the singler to describe them.

The links above have great information, pitures and eye-witness reports!

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Lake Champlain is connected to the ocean by riverways the run up into Canada.

so, of course, champ has been spotted in these riverways ?

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Looks like driftwood to me. They did a test for this kind of thing on TV where they filmed a tour group, then they pulled a bit of rope that made a piece of wood poke out of the water for a few seconds and everyone started going crazy saying they saw a load of exagerated bs. Was quiet funny. But no that really does look like driftwood.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
people really are silly-this "monster" is just evolution that people never can seem to accept-are you all so afraid of the unknown that you pig headedly try to disprove all you see about it?

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Azathoth

just thot i would post that if you believe in evolution then any ancient animal surviving until present times seems outrageous but if you believe in creation as i do and that the dinosaurs ARE NOT MILLIONS OF YEARS OLD then its more plausible that some have survived - this makes more sense to me than saying animals millions of years old and have died out cant be around anymore - if they are only a few thousand years old, then they are still here tho in small numbers - ck out the book of Job where God describes in chapter 38 and forward two dinosaur like creatures

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Champ is real.....people say its not possible but it is. They say that there is no food source for this beast....but i think champ is a plant eater and we all know that there is plenty of plant life avaliable champ. There has been plenty of sitings of champ plenty of pictures and videos even videos that say he is real...... it has always been my dream to go to lake champlain to find champ and find all kinds of proof enough proof to prove to everyone that champ is real. HE IS REAL

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Ok if this champ exists how long has it lived? Is it an immortal? As I understand it there have to be several of a species to reproduce and continue the species. So where are they? If there is just one left it must be millions of years old.
is what I think of this. As well as all the other sea monsters that don't exist.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Probably one of the most talked about lake monsters in America (Canada is Ogopogo) Champ.
Not much has been seen nor heard of Champ as of late. I think 2009 was the last picture of a creature
shown swimming in the lake toward shore (most think that was an elk) that's about it.

yesterday it was brought up on forteanzoology.blogspot.co.uk... a great crypto site.

They posted the "Under water film", I never could be sure what it showed.

Thursday, July 11, 2013

CRYPTOLINK: MEET CHAMP, AMERICA'S OWN LOCH NESS MONSTER IN VERMONT

Most of us have heard of Nessie, the purported creature-in-residence in Loch Ness, Scotland, but what about the monsters of America? According to Weather.com, the United States has its own lake monster named Champ, who lives in Lake Champlain near Vermont.

Champ has been been "spotted" hundreds of times, and is described as being between 20-80 feet with a serpentine body, distinct humps and a dog-like face. The monster has made waves throughout history. Champ is said to have first been spotted by French explorer Samuel Champlain, sought after by P.T. Barnum and is even protected New York and Vermont state governments.

Lake Champlain Monster - A Plesiosaur?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

That's some intriguing footage, but c'mon.
Ok.. so the guy can see a head and body move away. How big is this thing? Doesn't look very big to me judging by the boat railings, unless that water is very clear and the thing is swimming deep.
Secondly... that's no flipper, its a ripple on the water, plain as day. And if it was a flipper, is it coming out of the side of its head? At some weird angle?
And then the guy gets all conspiracy.... why was this story buried.... why didn't the authorities and MSM jump all over this footage?
Cos its likely an eel, or could be a fish. We only have the fishermens word that they couldn't identify it, and we certainly can't identify it from what little footage there is.
I'd like to believe as much as the next man, but it's basically a tourist attraction as it is, there's no government agency keeping everything hush, and no agency willing to go looking for this thing at tax payers expense on the say of that film.
If it crawled out of the lake and attacked tourists, that would be another story

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join