It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lake Champlain Sea Monster "Champ"!! Photo!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by The Heed

And... the more and more I look at it..... its a fish, completely and utterly a fish

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
new sighting of the "Champ" lake creature. They ever heard it grunt or it's breath (like a whale?) while fishing. Multiple witnesses.

Five People See Monster at Lake Champlain
Friday, July 26, 2013
By Michael Bachman

It was getting dark when the Joneses spotted the creature.
Martin Jones, husband and father of two, says he has heard stories about a lake monster before.

“I’m aware of the Champ legend, but I always dismissed it as silly tales that are good for tourism,” he said.

Jones wasn’t the only one person to witness the incident. His wife Tamara and his two children were also present at the lake.

“We thought we’d spend the day somewhere nice, let the kids do some fishing and eat some, you know, but you never expect something like this,” she said.

The event took place after one of the kids reeled in a largemouth bass. A splash turned their heads away from the fish back to the water: a big, greenish thing came up through the surface. At first they weren’t able to make out the shape. There was another man fishing next to them.

“I was like, is that an alligator? But right away I saw the round head and big black eyes, kind of an empty look, there was nothing that resembled a reptile of any kind” said Peter Clark, 48. ” I could make up some scales on the side of the head, but most of the skin I’d say looked like that of a catfish. Then, some sort of horn or spike or something, that was freaky, really. It was there for 20 seconds and then it left.”

But what makes this sighting different from the others is that the beast produced a sound. The five witnesses agree that it reminded them of a whale’s noise followed by a splash.
The lake Champlain is located between the US and Canada and it is over 100 miles long and 12 miles wide. It is indirectly connected to the Atlantic Ocean, so the possibility of a cetacean sneaking into the lake can not be discarded, however it’d be very difficult for this to happen. The blowholes located on top of the head of a whale would explain the need of the animal to come up to the surface to breath; that would also explain the reported sightings every year.
How about the scales on the side of the head described by Mr Clark? Whales don’t have scales or spikes. Could it be that what looked like a horn to the witness was just vegetation, debris tangled on the animal’s head?

Throughout our e-mail correspondence with the two parties, we asked for some evidence to support this report, such as pictures or video, but we came empty handed. Although it seems hard to believe that in this digital era no pictures or videos were taken, take into consideration that 20 seconds is not much time; putting the fishing rod down, bringing the phone or camera out of your pocket and finding the app to take the shot -all while watching a giant monster put up a good show- seems a little difficult to do. Do you ever wonder why most of the alleged pictures of strange creatures appear blurry? I am sure you’d have a shaky hand too.
A big thank you to the Jones family for reporting this sighting and for providing us with a way to contact Peter Clark. If you were there and have further information regarding the case, please contact us.

What did they see!
source cryptozoologynews.com...
edit on 26-7-2013 by RUFFREADY because: ADDED source hs hs hs hsh

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
funny, a few weeks ago I watched 'River Monsters' by Jeremy Wade, and that episode featured Lake Champlain. He tried to hunt down an eel-like creature that attacked both humans and the local fish. The episode name is 'Vampires of the Deep'.
The creature turned out to be a lamprey. I wonder if there's a connection with these sightings.
I know that the lamprey's length doesn't correspond with the sightings, but apparently there is plenty of food in that lake, so what if there are a few that are considerably taller and/or older than the others?

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join