It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Ailens Manipulate Time?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I guess this is a hard one to prove but it might be worth debating anyway !! So here goes... Can Ailens manipulate timelines? For example what if something so horrific was to happen to our planet say for example the Cuban Missle Crisis in 1963 became a full blown nuclear war, can ailens stop this from happening and manipulate things so that it never took place? If this is the case then why did events like 9/11 take place? Are there certain things that are meant to happen as it will lead to an important development later on in history ? It's all purely speculation of course, but given that there is evidence of secret liasion between world govts and ailens anyway, i would reckon anything is possible !!

Thoughts anyone

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I am tempted to reply to your speculation by comparing 9/11 and the cuban crisis: they are events of a whole different scale.

I totally agree that 9/11 is really horrible and a most tragic event in history, but what about a nuclear war as you mention it? I think it is just so huge compared to a mere 3000 dead (yes, sorry about that, but...) that if indeed they can do something, then they did it if they had to. A nuclear war, as such, is not just a few thousands, but likely a few millions in the short term, and maybe up to a few billions (yes, the entire planet) of dead in the long term...

Now, answering to the question, whether they can or not do it is simply impossible. We don't know. We suspect that time may be something that can be altered, but we just don't even have a clue as how to, so it's impossible at this stage to state that yes or no they can do it. Maybe, maybe not!

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I would speculate and agree to say the whole "maybe, maybe not" that aliens can MANIPULTE TIME, but as likely it that may seem, how fathomable is it really? For the most part, whatever happens, happens not just for a reason, but because it was simply there and it occured. So to say something was altered and didn't happen, there must have be a direct force involved that obviously altered (time) that particular instance to sum out into what it came out to be. In other words, if I were to break my arm in about an hour, I can, because I can make myself. But who's to say that wasn't supposed to happen or that could have been altered by some being/Alien with their fancy spacecraft (time altering device) to manipulate that particular moment in time to make sure it doesn't happen in the first place.

Like on 9/11 for instance, was that meant or not meant to happen? Or did aliens simply cause/infringe upon that moment in time to allow it to happen in the complex/secret (conspiracy-like) way it did? One way or the other, what the outcome (sum of the whole equaling one) turns out to be is merely based around "WhatEVER happens, is what happens..." for ALL things 'happen' for a REASON regardless of time being manipulated or not. If I go back in time to make sure I was never born, was that supposed to happen? So no matter what, it (time) equates to the same oneness no matter what HAPPENS. Does that make any sense or are you more confused than you were in the past, before this [post] entry was written?

[edit on 5-6-2005 by 2Super7E123]

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Let's think about this for a moment.
If they could travle in time (aliens or humans) would / could they manipulate events of the past or today to avoid major historical events such as 9/11 or as the posters example, the Cuban Missile Crisis.
If they could, they would be more inclined to perform only extremely minor changes such as stopping the birth of someone, or even giving that person other options to choose earlier in their life in order to "guide" them.
This would cause a much less of a disruption of the timeline than to make any overt actions. By making a minor change such as I mentioned above, they can either remove a person that would have been instrumental in a major event. They could be anyone. Think of it this way, using the poster's example, JFK is headed towards the War Room to launch an attack. That is what happens in one timeline.
Now, there is a janitor, who is cleaning the floor in a hallway heading towards the War Room. Since he is there working (he was not in the origional timeline), he slows JFK down enough so that either JFK changes his mind or JFK receives new information that the Missiles were being torn down.

Using the above example, the aliens/ humans have averted a major event by only making a minor adjustment.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
A good example of what I am talking about. There was a short Story by Ray Bradbury called "A Sound of Thunder" The story, is about time travelers who go on safaris to the past to hunt dinosaurs. The organizers take the time to research to ensure that the dino's who are to be killed would have died at that time anyway. The organizers have very strick rules to avoid changes in the timeline. Unfortunately, one "hunter" ignores the rules and accidently kills a pre-historic butterfly. The death of this butterfly, completely changes the future.

A Sound of Thunder

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I don't know if I should be quoting Anthrax or that Time! song from the late 60's... but no matter what, I suppose it is all relative. Including time.

Time does not exist. Period. What we hold or believe time to represent is on thing, the passing of one event into another, but people have to realize that time holds no meaning!

Remember being a kid? How long did summer vacation/break last? Or how long did the school year seem to be? Now that we are adults, does the time involved carry the same distance?

Watch a 2 hour long movie. Seems as if it takes forever. Then watch it again in a week. Went by alot quicker, didn't it?

Or, to all the parents out there... doesn't it seem as if it was just yesterday you were changing the kid's diapers? And (s)he's now 17?

Time holds different meanings...

To a housefly, we are immortal. We have existed all of it's life, all of it's children's life, and their children... yet, to a tree, we are nothing; we climbed them, our children climbed them, and so on and so on...

Even galactic-ly, what is a day? Our planetary rotation of 24 hours? Or Jupiters 11 hours? Mercury's year long day? My god, what about a year? What should be the standard? Earth's orbit, or Pluto's?

People are affected by time differently...

Ninjas and monks are able to still their hearts and their breathing, in essence, slowing time. Tales of monks who have achieved long lives of hundreds of years abound. Children are born with that disease which speeds time, making them so much older (physically) then what they truly are.

What is time?

Deja vu is a glimpse of knowing we are on the right path in life. Prophets and visions can send us into the future. Past life regression can send us hurtling into the past. If our minds are able to transend time, how soon will our bodies be able to do so?

Time is a barrier...

Scientists already know the concept of time, and how it differs from spacecraft and people planet-side. Time slowed down for astronaughts. It is widelt accepted that, if traveling the speed of light, the traveler would remain the same age while everyone he knew groes old and dies. "Time" as a concept doesn't change for the individual, it is merely altered to our perception.

Can aliens travel or alter time?

Sure, why not? Is it any different then breaking the sound barrier? Is it any different then splitting the atom and harnessing the power of the sun? The problem WE have to solve, though, is TIME is NOT a physical barrier; since time does not exist, there can be no device created to break it. Time is not real. It is our perception that makes it real... ANY race, human or otherwise, would have to learn that, would only be able to alter their own perception and understanding; THAT is the key to altering time.

Our minds.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Yeah, I agree with the above.

Also, you have to understand if you can't prove it scientifically, than it is really happening?

By thinking time is being changed, I could also say we all live inside a giant onions, and it's invisable, so you can't see it, and you can walk through it, etc etc.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by soothsayer
(...)
if traveling the speed of light, the traveler would remain the same age while everyone he knew groes old and dies.
(...)

Makes me think of this one...

The light photons always travel the speed of light, very obviously. So light itself is ageless then. How come then that when we can look at light emitted some time ago? Hemm...

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Actually soothsayer, what you are describing is the persception of time rather than if time exists. Time does exist and is mesurable. regardless or a person's persception of it.
There was a thread on this a couple of weeks ago
How do you measure time?
Take a look on the second page and you will see how time is mesured.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Time is man made, it only exists in your heads.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
Actually soothsayer, what you are describing is the persception of time rather than if time exists. Time does exist and is mesurable. regardless or a person's persception of it.
There was a thread on this a couple of weeks ago
How do you measure time?
Take a look on the second page and you will see how time is mesured.

As one of the posters to that thread, I would like to highlight the following link:

www.spacedaily.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.spacedaily.com...

Peter Lynds would suggest that Time cannot be measured since it cannot be divided up into measurable units, since to do so would require stopping the "flow" of Time. Our perception of Time as a "flow" or as a "linear progression" from "past to "Future" is therefore, in reality, a convenient illusion created for us by our minds.

If Time is , in fact, not divisable into discernible units (manipulatible by aliens or ourselves), then Time must exist as a single indivisable phenomon.

This would mean that our perception of not only Time is wrong; but also our perception of Space as well; Space (ie. distance relative to the perceiver) is a function relative to Time!

We experience Space as Distance. We experience Distance as the Time it takes to arrive at point B from point A. If the Time it takes to arrive at point B is zero, since Time cannot be divided up into measureable units, then we must conclude that we have already arrived at point B!

Either our trip was instantaneous, by which we mean to say that we travelled through Space faster than C, the speed of light; or, the distance between the two points did not exist.

Could it be that, if aliens exist, and if they do interact with us, that the means they use has less to do with exotic technology(ies) capable of manipulating Time and Space, and more to do with an evolved brain/mind, capable of perceiving and interacting with Time/Space as it really exists; sans our misleading illusions?

Perhaps this would explain the alien/UFO ability to apparently "wink" in and out of existence. Perhaps those who have experienced incidents of "lost time" merely fell under the influence of an alien's perception of reality? Or experienced, first hand, Reality as it exists, since our brain/minds are evolving too!

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Hmm somew great thoughts here !!!
What about the concept of Linear Time ? I remember these ailens in Deep Space Nine (Star Trek) called the Prophets (no NOT that Yaweh guy!!
) and they evovled round linear time as they resided in a wormhole.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
At the end of the Second World War, right after the atomic bombs were dropped on Japan, there was a large UFO flap that occurred around US military bases -- especially those that housed nuclear weapons.

A common theme among many reports from abductees is that the Zetan-aliens (typically of the Grey variety) are very concerned about this world's development of atomic weapons.

Next we have a logical extrapolation and conclusion from the above points:

If the Zetans did not and do not want this world to develop nuclear weapons and they had time travel capability, then why didn't they time travel back to the Manhattan Project and stop the first atom bomb from being developed in the first place?

Answer:

Because the Zetan-aliens did not and do not have time travel capability

Which is actually a good thing.

[edit on 5-6-2005 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Time is dimensional. Other dimensions have different values of time. The advanced races use other dimensions to travel vast distances and to conceal themselves while here.

"Time" does not exist the way we think of it. Time is actually a circle. You can look ahead far enough to see the past, and back far enough to see the future.

Some of the most advanced races in our area have the capability to go back into the past and change events, but they don't do it for what should be obvious reasons, even to us.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthSister
Time is dimensional. Other dimensions have different values of time. The advanced races use other dimensions to travel vast distances and to conceal themselves while here.

"Time" does not exist the way we think of it. Time is actually a circle. You can look ahead far enough to see the past, and back far enough to see the future.

Some of the most advanced races in our area have the capability to go back into the past and change events, but they don't do it for what should be obvious reasons, even to us.

And you know such things how?

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer

Yes, I second that.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer

Believe it or not, I learned it from the aliens.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Believe it or not, I learned it from the aliens.

Hmm theres many questions I could ask, but I'll just move right along...

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
How about this.

Dark Matter keeps the universe together.
“Time Matter” Keeps the universe running.
Time has control to the speed of light beyond that Dark Matter is ruling.
If you travel faster than the speed of light you will loose control or be compressed to nothing.(or something else no good) But when you are reaching the speed of light “time matter” is weaker so you will automatically get more speed and lesser distances.
In other words you will reach the speed of light before you reach it.
Do we think to simple about time? Because we always know what it meant to us: past, future and the current. But it doesn’t mean it is that. So I doubt anyone can manipulate time. But if it is possible it is I joust said(wrote) something that seemed logic.

Bhadhidar wrote something similar I think.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Jenny Randel wrote a book called "Time storms." Her analogy was that time is like wind; sometimes blowing usually not. Many stories of people experienceing time anomalies. Very thought provoking read!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join