It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out Of Place Artifacts

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
From ancient geological strata comes what have been labeled OOPARTS, or Out Of Place Artifacts. These are what appear to be recently produced items and imprints found in natural mineral formations millions of years old. Conservative historians and archaeologists, who hold to the concept of linear cultural development, point to the ancient Middle East as the home of the very first metal production. Here, they claim, man began to melt and shape copper, iron, gold, and silver only 8,000 years ago

1820 From The American Journal of Science and Arts, 1820 comes the account of an ancient tool discovery. At a quarry near Aixen-Provence, France, in 1788, 40 or 50 feet below ground in a layer of limestone were found coins, petrified wooden handles of hammers, pieces of other petrified wooden tools, and a quarrymen's board. The limestone was 300 million years old.

1826 In a well dug near the Ohio River in north Cincinnati at a level 94 feet down, a buried tree stump was found which showed the marks of an ax. The marks were deep and well cut, indicating the use of a sharp and durable blade. The ax used was confirmed to have been made of metal when, embedded in the top of the stump, an advanced oxidized wedge of iron was found. The layer in which the stump was found was dated to be between 50,000 and 75,000 years old nearly 10 times the accepted age of the supposed first metal usage.

1851 In the June 1851 issue of Scientific American, a report was reprinted from the Boston Transcript about a metallic vase dynamited out of solid rock in Dorchester, Massachusetts. The bell-shaped vase was 4 1/2 inches high, 6 1/2 inches at the base, 2 1/2 inches at the top and an eighth of an inch thick. The metal of the vase was composed of an alloy of zinc and a considerable portion of silver. On the sides were six figures of a flower in bouquet arrangements, inlaid with pure silver, and around the lower part a vine, or wreath, also inlaid with silver. The chasing, carving, and inlaying are exquisitely done by the art of some unknown craftsman. This vase was blown out of solid pudding stone from 15 feet below the surface. The estimated age was 100,000 years.

1867 At the Rocky Point Mine, in Gilman, Colorado, at a depth of 400 feet excavators found human bones embedded in a silver vein and a well-tempered copper arrowhead. The vein was dated at 135 million years old.

1877 Prospectors near Eureka, Nevada found a human leg bone and kneecap sticking out of solid rock. Doctors examined the remains and determined they were from a very modern-looking human being, and one that stood over 12 feet tall. The rock in which the bones were found was dated geologically to the Jurassic Period, over 185 million years old

1896 From the American Anthropologist, 1896 comes the finding of a perfect human imprint in stone near Parkersburg, on the West Virginia side of the Ohio River. The track was 14 1/2 inches long, and was found embedded in stone dated at 150 million years old.

See more at this site
www.bibleufo.com...

I think we have something wrong with our dating procsses.

Edit: All caps.

[edit on 3-6-2005 by intrepid]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Opps poor eye sight

I'll shut up now

[edit on 3-6-2005 by Burgess]

[edit on 3-6-2005 by Burgess]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by timoothy
in a layer of limestone were found coins, petrified wooden handles of hammers, pieces of other petrified wooden tools, and a quarrymen's board. The limestone was 300 million years old.

And the coins were probably relatively modern, and the wooden tools were probably not even petrified. Anyone can dig into ancient layers and leave stuff lying around.

Notice that the most 'spectacular' finds are from over a hundred years ago and poorly documented?

No, but the people 'dating' those objects at millions of years old had something wrong with their processes.

from the site

The most famous man tracks are those on the banks of the Paluxy River, near Glen Rose, Texas

These are well established frauds. The site you are using is, apparently, 'garbage'.

Southwest of Moab, Utah, two human skeletons were found in formations over 100 million years of age.

Imagine that, people buried in the ground, and the ground is old....

The closest modern apparatus that researchers have been able to equate it with is a spark plug.

Yes, infact, it was a modern spark plug. It wasn't in a 'geode', it was in a clump of semi-solid mud. Again, this site is garbage, they haven't researched the claims, they've merely blindly and credulously presented them as true.

That site had nothing to corroborate the claims and no citations. I don't understand how anyone can find it convincing. OOPS are almost allways found out to be nothing like what is claimed, or completely mis-identified.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Get it!!

[edit on 3-6-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Very interesting. Any more links to other sites with similar facts.?

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonSUN
Very interesting. Any more links to other sites with similar facts.?

Not exactly facts. More like supposition and hearsay.

Those "facts" are all very weak indeed. It's all rubbish, but when the site can state: "very modern-looking human being, and one that stood over 12 feet tall" with a straight face then it can't be trusted. Unless you know some 12ft tall "very modern" looking people that is.

Metal vases blown out of strata? How would anyone know it had been in the strata if they had just set off a load of dynamite and found that on the floor (thats assuming this even happened at all, much like the rest of it). Where is the vase now? Who studied it and wrote up the papers on this vase that was millions of years old?

A tree stump that some miners worked out that it was cut with a "sharp and durable blade"??? Who were these guys who could tell this? Did they have a CSI team down there?

I could go on.....

I think that site has something wrong with its BS process.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
here's more

home.att.net...

www.ufoarea.com...

www.geocities.com...

www.strangemag.com...

www.lauralee.com...

www.world-mysteries.com...

www.informantnews.com...

there are a thousand more articles are they all fake ,hoaxes,or is there some truth to the dating of these objects,if so then all you have learned in school is a falsehood.Open your eyes and see the proof before you.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   

there are a thousand more articles are they all fake ,hoaxes,or is there some truth to the dating of these objects,if so then all you have learned in school is a falsehood.Open your eyes and see the proof before you.

Problem is, they are all fakes, hoaxes, and frauds. The best of them are simply things that were found under suspicious circumstances and never demonstrated to be what is claimed. None of these things even begin to approach 'proof'.

Which ones do you think are true???

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The Smithsonian institute & many museums have been known to cover up or hide unexplained artifacts that have been found. Like that gold beetle that was thousands of years old on display & then taken down when people said it looked like a spacecraft or airplane of some sort & started asking questions.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Nygdan you are one strak soldier. NOTHING can crack your skepticism.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
lets see ,i think i'll start with this one .DEbunk away nygdan.

THE ANTIKYTHERA MECHANISM
dated to ca 80 A.D, probably used as calendar and astronomical calculator for the motions of stars and planets. It is very sophisticated device that consists of 30 toothed wheels, of diameter from 9 to 132 mm, being able to rotate at a different speed each, dials and scaled metal plates with inscriptions related to the signs of zodiac, names of the planets.
The engraved signs inform about the equinoxes, months, winds and constellations being in their different phases. It is unknown who constructed this very complex and accurate device. This was found in 1901 at a depth of some 200 feet by sponge divers from Syme in an ancient shipwreck near the island .

good luck

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
and this one

SPIRAL-SHAPED MICRO-OBJECTS FOUND IN RUSSIA
In the years 1991-1993, gold prospectors on the small river Narada, on the eastern side of the Ural mountains, have found unusual, mostly spiral-shaped objects. The size of these things ranges from a maximum of 3 cm (1.2 in.) down to an incredible 0.003 mm, about 1/10,000th of an inch! To date, these inexplicable artifacts have been found in their thousands at various sites near the rivers Narada, Kozhim, and Balbanyu, and also by two smaller streams named Vtvisty and Lapkhevozh, mostly at depths between 3 and 12 meters (10 and 40 ft.)
The spiral-form objects are composed of various metals: the larger ones are of copper, while the small and very small ones are of the rare metals tungsten and molybdenum. Tungsten has a high atomic weight, and is also very dense, with a melting point of 3410 deg. C (6100 deg. F). It is used principally for the hardening of special steels, and in unalloyed form for the filaments of light bulbs. Molybdenum also has a high density, and a respectable melting point of 2650 deg. C (4740 deg. F). This metal too is used for hardening steels and giving them corrosion-resistant properties, these being used principally for highly-stressed weapon parts and vehicle armor. What was the purpose of these objects? All tests carried out to date give an age for the objects of between 20,000 and 318,000 years, depending on the depth and the situation of the site.
But even if it was only a mere 2,000 or 20,000 years, we are faced with the inevitable question: who, of all the people in the world, was at that time capable of creating such superfine micro-filigree objects, something which our own technology is only now just beginning to achieve?

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
"Forbidden Archeology", authors unknown by me, is a large tome filled with this stuff, and invariably the artifacts get denounced by the establishment, then buried never to be seen again. One friend of mine claims that occasionally the Smithsonian loads up barges with stuff it doesn't intend to show, and dumps it in the Atlantic. Of course, my source is not to be misconstrued as anything more than it is, just something my friend told me. But, I do know that the history of this planet is long enough to hide many ancient advanced civilizations. I personally feel that it is implausible to claim that this current one is the first. The evidence that has not been destroyed or denounced as a hoax is still abundant enough for me. The day a workable logistical plan in detail, that outlines how we could duplicate the great pyramid to the same level of precision and complexity, then I might change my view that other previous peoples actually exceeded our present levels of advancement.
Too many credible scientists who discovered erratics have had their careers destroyed for me to believe that they were not being hushed up and discredited for a reason. Being wrong is not reason enough, but upsetting the applecart with finds that don't come close to fitting the present theory of prehistory might be.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Its just a matter of missing time... one day we will understand the ore and fit all the peices together

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonSUN
The Smithsonian institute & many museums have been known to cover up or hide unexplained artifacts that have been found.

This is absolutely untrue.

groingrinder
NOTHING can crack your skepticism

Well, without getting into an arguement about 'actual/philosophical' skepticism (that nothing can be known, in any fashion or to any degree, not even thru science), I would say, heck, being extremely skeptical is a good thing. I'm skeptical of things that I eventually accept, because a good arguement or evidence is presented. Its entirely possible that there is a whole history that has been lost in one way or another. Hell, that'd be completely awesome! But, without evidence, we can't say that there was. And its better to look for the evidence, because then when we find it and are convinced by it, the discovery is that much greater than the empty and false 'discoveries' or irrationalism. Hell, even without 'conspiracy' type stuff, the world, as its generally known, is absolutely incredible, astonishing, and weird. So there's certainly no need to invent and accept that kind of stuff without evidence.

timoothy
30 toothed wheels, of diameter from 9 to 132 mm, being able to rotate at a different speed each, dials and scaled metal plates with inscriptions related to the signs of zodiac, names of the planets. The engraved signs inform about the equinoxes, months, winds and constellations being in their different phases

What is there that needs to be debunked??? The greeks had lots of incredible mechanical devices, like steam engines, and automatically opening doors and the like. Even the description you selected notes that its 'very simple and accurate'. So what of it??

Also,lets keep in mind what was recovered and the reconstruction:

Another intersting recontstruction

Its impressive. I couldn't build it. But you don't have to have super-advanced techonology to make it. IOW, its not an oops art.

spiraly 'thingys'

Thats a pretty vague description. These metals occur naturally, and I'd be intersted to see the reports that describe how they determined what they were composed of. this apparently is a pic of some of them

Well, they look like a bunch of junk. *shrug* So what, they're scattered about the place? Most are copper and brass, some might have harder metals in them? Also, according to this page, the 'source' for these claims is "Hartwig Hausdorf from the Ancient Skies magazine." Thats not a scientific magazine and I suspect its not peer reviewed either. Why can't anyone publish the information about these supposed things in a reputable scientific journal? Without that, without actual control over the way the things were recovered and how they were tested, the 'story' is meaningless.

None of these things stand up to scrutiny, that is, when there is even enough information to scrutinize them.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   
here's a piece of info on supressed finds.

www.viewzone.com...

Why would scientists try to hide the truth and avoid any test of their hypothesis? Their motivations are equally transparent. If it can be proved that the Egyptians did not build the Great Pyramid in 2500 BC using primitive methods, or if the Sphinx can be dated to 9000 BC, the whole house of cards comes tumbling down.

Orthodox views of cultural evolution are based upon a chronology of civilisation having started in Sumeria no earlier than 4000 BC. The theory does not permit an advanced civilisation to have existed prior to that time. End of discussion. Archaeology and history lose their meaning without a fixed timeline as a point of reference.

Since the theory of "cultural evolution" has been tied to Darwin's general theory of evolution, even more is at stake. Does this explain why facts, anomalies and enigmas are denied, suppressed and/or ignored? Yes, it does. The biological sciences today are based on Darwinism

this conspiracy begins, it is with two filters: credentials and peer review. Modern science is now a maze of such filters set up to promote certain orthodox theories and at the same time filter out that data already prejudged to be unacceptable. Evidence and merit are not the guiding principles; conformity and position within the established community have replaced objectivity, access and openness.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Well, it has been proved well enough to convince me. The Sphinx has deep vertical precipitation erosion that could only have been caused by millenia of regular rainfall. It could not have eroded it so deeply since the
'accepted' creation date. Also, some of the repair blocks can be dated to Khafre's era, the pharoah who supposedly created it. How could it have eroded enough to require repair within a few decades of being made?
The mammoths with buttercups in their digestive tracts, who were frozen solid where they stood are another glaring anomaly that totally contradicts the ice age theory presently being taught in schools everywhere. And then there are the Piri Reis and Portolans maps which have accurate longitude on them, yet they predate the invention of the chronometer by centuries at least, and likely by millenia.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Thousands of rubbish bits of evidence does not equal a strong case, it is just a thousand bits of rubbish. That's the problem with internet - crap propogates endlessly drowning out genuine evidence of anomalies.

SPIRAL-SHAPED MICRO-OBJECTS FOUND IN RUSSIA
In the years 1991-1993, gold prospectors on the small river Narada, on the eastern side of the Ural mountains, have found unusual, mostly spiral-shaped objects. The size of these things ranges from a maximum of 3 cm (1.2 in.) down to an incredible 0.003 mm, about 1/10,000th of an inch! To date, these inexplicable artifacts have been found in their thousands at various sites near the rivers Narada, Kozhim, and Balbanyu, and also by two smaller streams named Vtvisty and Lapkhevozh, mostly at depths between 3 and 12 meters (10 and 40 ft.)

Did they? So you say. Who dated them? Can you refer me to the peer review papers detailing the analysis? Articles like this just stink of BS. How, for example, did a gold prospector (or anyone else) dig up something 0.003mm??? This is smaller than some bacteria.

Why are these things always found by miners or prospectors or whatever in the middle or nowhere and never verified?

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I have read of a number of finds that were right next to population centers, and were found by people with university degrees in areas such as archaeology. The unfortunate result of a credible witness publicizing such finds is typically total character assassination, and then complete silence about the find. In one case in Canada, the find was covered over and a resort built on top of it. It is similar to the ufo sightings by astronauts and pilots. You don't hear as much about them, cuz for the witnesses, arguing the validity of their sighting is a possible threat to their careers. They are better off to just let it go when they encounter any pressure, for their own sake.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Not all of the "rubbish bits",and I use the term very loosely, come from the internet. Long before there were even computers people were compiling accounts of anomalies from press reports and books. The greatest researcher into anomalies was Charles Fort, he compilied enough marterial for several books. Even today the main stream press occasionally, but mostly ignores, reports finds or events that don't fit into the accepted views of the way things are suppose to be. Granted you can't take any of them at face value and research needs to be done to prove or disprove the validity of the claims. The following links are to publications that do report on anomalies:

www.forteana.org...

www.nexusmagazine.com...

www.atlantisrising.com...

www.viking-z.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join