It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the US control the Middle East?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheApocalypse
@ delta. i most likely doubt all nations in the mid east could be taken cause we are obviously the great satan to muslims and they would suicide bomb us everyday to the last man there.

Yeah, I agree, even if we controlled the countries, there would be constant suicidal attacks, and the war would never truly be over.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
shhhhhhh

(((Let me let you in on something, we already do........shhhh its a secret)))

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omniscient
I've been wondering for a while now, if the United State's "Freedom Wars" continue, do you think they could take over all of many of the middle eastern countries, blaming them all for crimes, terrorist links, holders of weapons of mass destruction, etc.?

Roughly you have 1 Billion Muslims, if they attempted to control Mecca or did any harm to Mecca you would see America open the gates of heal. If they try to take over Iran you'll probably see the same. In the Middle East a lot of people are sick of America getting involved, not terrorists but normal people. It's the American (and Russian) weapons that have helped to kill their friends, family, etc, and it is resulting in them wanting nothing to do with the west.

If we attempt to take any more of it, these "terrorist attacks" will look like a summer Holiday.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Do you think the US would stage a terrorist attack ( like some say they did on 9/11 ), just to have an excuse to dominate more of the Middle East?

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Do you think the US would stage a terrorist attack ( like some say they did on 9/11 ), just to have an excuse to dominate more of the Middle East?

Not really, but as the Cold War ended there needed to be some adjustments to the world political situation and 911 forced our hand...

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I just think that all of this over oil and it's ridiculous to be wasting away all of those innocent people's lives, as well as the ones in our army.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I just think that all of this over oil and it's ridiculous to be wasting away all of those innocent people's lives, as well as the ones in our army.

Oil is the world economy ----- therefore....

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Yes, well even if they take over the countries, don't they know that we will still use that oil up, and run out of it?

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
if we fought them like the mongol hordes did we could control them easily (demand them to give up or be destroyed).

i mean look how far they got www.phocas.de...

[edit on 2-6-2005 by namehere]

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Hmm, I think threatening them with nuclear weapons would work, but I don't think the Bush Admin is stupid enough to do that. I'd expect alot of negativity back from other countries with a comment like that.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
no i dont mean nukes, i mean like sacking cities and all that leaving only select groups or individuals alive.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
So you mean like destroying one city, and threatening the rest that the same will happen to them unless they comply?

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
thats how the mongols did it, they destroyed baghdad this way, if they hadnt had their leader drink himself to death noone wouldve stopped them, they didnt like muslims and were quite brutal to them.

as you see here www.sunnahonline.com...

"On the 10th of February 1258 he went to the victor’s camp in person and asked if he would promise to spare the lives of all the citizens if they agreed to lay down there arms. But in vain. As soon as they were disarmed, the Muslim fighters were exterminated. Then the Mongol horde fanned out through the prestigious city demolishing buildings, burning neighbourhoods, and mercilessly massacring men, women, and children- nearly eighty thousand people in all"

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
That's interesting, I had never heard of that before. Perhaps our country would use the same tactics here...

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
they sacked baghdad 3 times actually, but yea if we were to do it, it would be the only way.

oh hey, i found this comparing the US to the mongols www.marchforjustice.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
So you believe we could do that to all countries in the Middle East?

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
yes but it would be very expensive and we would need to divert all our man power and draft many more.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Would it even be worth it to spend all of that money to control the oil?

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
no but hey i doubt we would ever try it anyways, it would leave us open to attack elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
With the Bush Admin...who knows.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join