It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Could the US control the Middle East?

page: 1
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I've been wondering for a while now, if the United State's "Freedom Wars" continue, do you think they could take over all of many of the middle eastern countries, blaming them all for crimes, terrorist links, holders of weapons of mass destruction, etc.?




posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   
The US through oil and financial dependency has been controlled by Middle Eastern elements at times, for some time.

Everything that happens under the guise of "war on terror" may not be in national security interests, at all.



posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Yes, I think that if any purpose this war is serving, it's to give us more control over the oil....I don't agree at all with it..



posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   
To directly answer the question posed in the thread title, absolutely not.

Even the most advanced army in history, even with the number of soldiers involved, would be unable to accomplish this task.

As is, with Afghanistan & Iraq, and our regular deployments we are already spread so thin that our military has trouble providing necessities to the troops. To then spread even further and try to control a region composed of hundreds of millions of people? No chance in hell. An attempt to control the entire region militarily would result in a complete disaster.



posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
To directly answer the question posed in the thread title, absolutely not.

Even the most advanced army in history, even with the number of soldiers involved, would be unable to accomplish this task.

As is, with Afghanistan & Iraq, and our regular deployments we are already spread so thin that our military has trouble providing necessities to the troops. To then spread even further and try to control a region composed of hundreds of millions of people? No chance in hell. An attempt to control the entire region militarily would result in a complete disaster.


The age of conventional warfare has ended long ago. There are many other ways to control countries then brute force.



posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   
The US army could do it but the take over could not be as peaceful as even Iraq. With so much resistance they would have to be much tougher on everybody, it would be more like the nazi take over in europe, providing enough troops for security and checkpoints all over the middle east would be very difficult.



posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   
The US could take over the middle east, I wouldnt reccomend it.
There would probably be many casualties on bith sides.

First it would be better if the US eliminates all DOVES and GIANT SPIDERS that Allah likes to use to fight off the occupiers.



posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   
The US would not be able to with the manpower and with a democratic system that gets war weary fairly easy. You would need millions upon millions of troops to occupy the middle east.

Besides, the Saudi's have a pretty good grip on the white house havent they?



posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
If you look at a map of the Middle East, it seems the US is already in control of quite a bit of the Middle East.


BBC

Afghanistan also has US forces even though it's missing from that map.
Jordan is freindly to the US and so are Israel and Egypt.

About the only areas of the Middle East that the US forces do not control are Syria and Iran.



posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
its misleading saying US forces 'control' these nations. The military presence there is nothing like the levels the soviets had in eastern europe for instance. Or the political control the soviets have. In fact I would go as far to say that Saudi Arabia has more influence on the US than the US has influence on Saudi Arabia

[edit on 2-6-2005 by drfunk]



posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
its misleading saying US forces 'control' these nations. The military presence there is nothing like the levels the soviets had in eastern europe for instance. Or the political control the soviets have. In fact I would go as far to say that Saudi Arabia has more influence on the US than the US has influence on Saudi Arabia

[edit on 2-6-2005 by drfunk]

Well, perhaps it's not the same kind of control. I mean we have already gone through two wars in the Middle East, and haven't witnessed any major attacks on ourselves, besides 9/11, which is very questionable...What if our government was to find ways to one-by-one invade the countries of the Middle East, on 'freedom ventures'?



posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
it seems to me invading the Balkans and Asian countries and Middle Eastern countries and we havent control anithing. all we have are bases for peacekeeping.



posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Peacekeeping is a joke in my mind. It seems kind of hard to keep a country in peace, when there are constant suicide bombings, candidate assassinations, etc. I think they are there for another reason, which many people have said....the oil.



posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omniscient
Peacekeeping is a joke in my mind. It seems kind of hard to keep a country in peace, when there are constant suicide bombings, candidate assassinations, etc. I think they are there for another reason, which many people have said....the oil.


yeah....peacekeeping is a joke, tell that to the Japanese or the Albanians, or in Iraq the Kurds or Shiites. if its oil, well gee u dink America lift sanctions immediately and say comon Saddam my frend lets all go back to business and make profits.



posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
if its oil, well gee u dink America lift sanctions immediately and say comon Saddam my frend lets all go back to business and make profits.


What you mean by that?



posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   


Well, perhaps it's not the same kind of control. I mean we have already gone through two wars in the Middle East, and haven't witnessed any major attacks on ourselves, besides 9/11, which is very questionable

Look at history...how many major attacks have we had on US soil?
Not many at all.....think of the enemies capabilities, they do not really have a convientional military or airforce to bring the war to us, they have to use other methods...like hi-jacking and stuff like that.



posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
So are you saying that we could do it, because they do not have an organised army to retaliate with?



posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Of course we could take the Middle East!! We could take the Outside East if we wanted to. All we would have to do is DRAFT all the super patriot warriors on this site and send them over to fight for oil, camels, and Liberate all the Arabs. I am confident that their courage and cunning would win the day for us. Their strength and sheer willingness to fight convinces me that we have nothing to fear from the evil doers. Draft em and send em over they don't even need any training. I'm sure they can't wait to leave their keyboards, monitors and mouses to fight in the middle East. GOD LOVE em!!!



posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Of course we could take the Middle East!! We could take the Outside East if we wanted to. All we would have to do is DRAFT all the super patriot warriors on this site and send them over to fight for oil, camels, and Liberate all the Arabs.


u can ask Al Sharpton to bring back the draft, yeah the Democrats loves the draft, they love to send everybody to war.



posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
@ delta. i most likely doubt all nations in the mid east could be taken cause we are obviously the great satan to muslims and they would suicide bomb us everyday to the last man there.



new topics




 
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join