It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey: How much education have you recieved?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

Originally posted by whaaa
Thanks for the advice, but I am a baby boomer and retired from retail.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you have some type of retirement plan as from what I've read and heard on the subject it's gonna be a tough situation for all involved....

[edit on 31-5-2005 by sardion2000]

Nope, no retirement plan. I think I can live quite well on Social Security!!
Just a little sarcasm. Actually now I'm An designer/craftsman and I hope to keel over dead at my work bench. But living here in New Mexico I'll more than likely be killed by a drunk driver.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
6 year's worth, about a less than a semester for two bachelor's. Doubt I'll bother.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
2 years of college under my belt, going for a Materials/metallurgy engineering degree, with an economics minor.

I read as often as possible.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Graduated from The USNA at Annapolis with a degree in aeronautics and political sciences. Served 14 years in the U.S. Marines.

-wD

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
37 years.

I wonder what Quad Hop was like this year, and who played at Fed Hall, and if the food at the Bombshelter is still tasty? I remember the days of the black plague.

I cant beleive id actual encounter someone from Waterloo on this website. Simply amazing. Well, i guess used to be from Waterloo...but now lives in Montreal?

U havent missed much at Fed Hall...the latest has been Billy Idiol...and the Bombshelter still kicks some ass!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuDaCrIs
I want to know just how many people on this site have a university degree or are working on one. As well as what others want to do in the future, reffering to people in high school or lower.

High School Grad--1970,
General Motors Early Retirement (32 years)-- 2002
Self taught these days, as I love to read. Keeping up with current events is great. ATS helps, but I use the YAHOO Newspaper Directory quite a bit also.
dir.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
9th grade, 28 years of life, but if you fly on a plane thair could be a part
on it that I have built.some flight crucial.

scary thought isant it

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Two Associate's degrees - last one in Nursing... I will pursue it further, but it's not on my list of priorities at the moment.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Life (business, travel, marriage & family etc) and solid mentorship when required have taught me much more than the degrees and diplomas I have.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I will be starting my second year of college in the fall... I've got a 2.7 GPA right now

I need to do some hard work... I'd like to attain at LEAST a 3.4 or higher by the end of this semester. Work hard, kids... it will pay off.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
BA in Chemistry (minors in Mathematics & Physics)
PhD in Physical Chemistry
National Academy of Science / National Research Council post-doctoral fellowship

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Well, graduate from HS last year, and outside of school taught self keyboard, japanese(speak, not read) and computers.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
-Finished high school in 2000
-took a year off to work and mess around while I tried to figure out what I wanted to do with my life (I never did figure it out!)
-started engineering in the fall of 2001
-after the first year of general engineering i went into electrical engineering, and because the program is overloaded (6 courses per term instead of the usual maximum of 5) I am taking an extra year to finish in order to have more sane course loads; I have one more year left, I will graduate in April 2006.
-while my school doesn't let you have an official minor while in engineering, I have taken 4 history courses, so I usually tell people that is my minor.

I have no idea what I'm going to do after I graduate, lol. I'm torn between a few ideas I have.
1) getting a masters degree
2) getting a 2nd bachelor's degree, which would probably be something fairly general, since I like learning in a lot of different subjects. (my only real complaint about engineering is how rigidly structured it is)
3) get a real job! (lol)
4) a friend of mine at school wants to start a business when he finishes (he graduates same time I do) and said I could join up with him. A bit risky, but could really pay off if we do it right.

I will probably do either 2) or 3), and possibly 4) in my spare time (if i have any!) but who knows?

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Graduated High School in 1970 (which probably makes me a whacky old lady or someone's weird mother)
BFA in Studio Art and Art History
5 Year apprenticeship in painting and lithography with a well-known artist.
MA in Art History and History.
Former community college History Prof.
Now happily retired in Phoenix and still learning...especially from those who are young. I really believe that's the secret to youth...to never lose touch with knowledge and to never stop trying to understand the problems, joys, sorrows, music, etc. of younger generations.
joey

[edit on 2-6-2005 by joey]

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I'm an ex-Literature Major, dropped out of college when I started acting. 3 kids, two plays, and 10 films later, I still wish I had listened to my old man... lol Now I blow glass, and still do about a film a year.

I guess it could be worse, I could be teaching.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Junior in highschool starting August 22nd. I learn almsot everything from common sense. I do read a lot, and I thank school for that, but I'm not one to judge knowledge or wisdom, by degree's and age.

Future: Computer science MA, Business Minor, open a PC repair shop, die a poor old man with unthankful kids and insane wife. - The true American Dream

- Anicrow

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Graduating 8th grade in two weeks. Chicago summers start too late for my tastes.

All my education since 3rd grade has been accelerated because I've only gone to magnet schools. I'll be taking Trigonomotry and Chemistry next year, and when I'm a senior in high school I'll most likely be taking AP Psychology, AP Physics, and a math course at a nearby college campus.

Not to mention I have a 4.1 GPA.

[edit on 3-6-2005 by invader_chris]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Degrees in Real Estate, Business Administration, Philosophy, Theology.

Just shows what you can do if you are good at juggeling and transfering credits - as to avoid taking the same classes over and over.

Should have a degree in Libral Arts by now - but don't.
Took some Classes in: Auto Mechanics, Litature, Computers.

Looking into International Banking and Finance, Law (US and International).

Should be looking into marketing but have not enough interest in it to merit it.

(Btw, Never could spell)

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I'm an undergrad at the University of Toronto, studying botany at the present. I was actually going to go to Waterloo, small world.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I have a Masters in Psychology (Marriage and Family and Child Counseling) and plan on getting a PhD when my 4 children are a bit older.

Jemison

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join