It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey: How much education have you recieved?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I am just curiuos to know what the demographics of this site are. I'm mainly interested in knowing what education everyone has received.

I will start off.

I am currently an undergrad student at the University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. I am in Environmental Studies, with a Geography Major.

I want to know just how many people on this site have a university degree or are working on one. As well as what others want to do in the future, reffering to people in high school or lower.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Enough to know not to answer questions like that.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
why dave_54???

ashamed???

anyway...

i am a junior in high school...

and i plan to study "anything" about computers while in college...

i hope this helps...

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I'm not even out of Junior High yet. Just one more day

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I have a BA in psychology, but am a mortgage broker. I would have gone to grad school to be an ethologist(studying the behavior or animals) and gotten an MA in that, but, my Dad died and Mother said I was to pay for it on my own. I liked college(too much) but the part I liked was not being responsible for my bills!

It was a smart move to have NOT gone to grad school, I would have made less money and racked up alot of student loans.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
well IMO ive had no education except self education i mean i went to school went to UNC for 4 years made good grades but school is crap they teach baloney. School is the definition of ignorance, i mean i guess math isnt ignorant and an education is important but schools teach what thye want you to learn not what you should learn. but it is essential so you have to conform.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Not enough education; I'm sixty and still going.

[edit on 31-5-2005 by Off_The_Street]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Bachelor of Science in Construction Management with a minor in Business

...and like Off_The_Street, still learning everyday.

I make it a point to.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I am currently finishing my freshman year of highschool

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
MA in anthropology. Not a lot of work these daysfor archeologists. Not a lot of work in the social sicences in general. I wish I had of gone to trade school and become a stone mason.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I have had 5 years of college education and still going!

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
37 years.

I wonder what Quad Hop was like this year, and who played at Fed Hall, and if the food at the Bombshelter is still tasty? I remember the days of the black plague.

[edit on 5/31/2005 by Gools]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I have a BA in psych and 1/2 my credits towards an MBA. I also plan to persue a doctorate.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
7th grade and gonna be in 8th in 3 1/2 days. so ya i love this site the stuff thats true helps alot the space exploration helped in astromany so ya...

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Ulitmately, nearly all education beyond primary education is self-education, or at least, it should be. The best any teacher can do is to guide the student toward a thirst for knowledge and offer reinforcement for learning. No one can be given an education. An education must be earned and maintained.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
MA in anthropology. Not a lot of work these daysfor archeologists. Not a lot of work in the social sicences in general. I wish I had of gone to trade school and become a stone mason.

Not too late you know, Trades in general are going to be facing a crippling labour shortage as teh Baby Boomers retire, so if you're gonna change careers start now!

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
why dave_54???

ashamed???

LOL!!

Cautious.

Way too much personal information available on the web. Some of it is wrong, some of it is right (at least in my case) (i.e. How did I live in Des Moines, IA at the same time I was working in a machine shop in TX? Must've been a killer daily commute.)

I intend to keep the confusion going by posting as little accurate information about me as possible.

As generically as I can -- grad work in natural resources.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I have a university B.Sc. degree in Environmental Science, and a college diploma in wildlife management.

I will be starting my Master's soon.

I move around a lot, but I guess Vancouver BC is my current home.

[edit on 31-5-2005 by Hajduk]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

Not too late you know, Trades in general are going to be facing a crippling labour shortage as teh Baby Boomers retire, so if you're gonna change careers start now!

Thanks for the advice, but I am a baby boomer and retired from retail.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Thanks for the advice, but I am a baby boomer and retired from retail.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you have some type of retirement plan as from what I've read and heard on the subject it's gonna be a tough situation for all involved....

[edit on 31-5-2005 by sardion2000]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join