It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prayer for our Schools

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
That also applies with religion from other points of views as muslin, same god but different views, so it most be a different god.

Christians worship God. A real God and the only one there is. Muslims say they worship the same God. They do not, because the Bible and Koran contradict each other. Since their is only one God in all of creation and the universe and in heaven, muslims worship something that doesn't exist or they are worshipping satan or a demonic source. satan wanted to be take over the throne of God so he might be what the muslims worship knowingly or unknowingly.

So to repeat there is only one God, Jesus Christ. I hope that's clear.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
Since their is only one God in all of creation and the universe and in heaven, muslims worship something that doesn't exist or they are worshipping satan or a demonic source. satan wanted to be take over the throne of God so he might be what the muslims worship knowingly or unknowingly.

Many Moslems say the same thing about Christians- both say the same thing about everyone else.

It's beyond me how people can feel so comfortable waring with eachother about who is and isn't satan.. and who is 'god's favourite'.
"No I'm not.. You are. So there."
"What?! no YOU are."
"I know YOU are but what am I?" etc.
:bash:

-they are completely oblivious that it is the waring itself [be it arueing or slitting eachother's thoats] that is Satan.

[edit on 4-6-2005 by riley]

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
Here is something that Jesus said

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Mar 8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Luk 10:22 All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him

Jesus' own words.

And I absolutely agree with every one of them!
Mat 28:19:
Nothing I see here to show Jesus is God. He called himself "Son". Son could be short for "Son of Man". Even if Jesus WAS referring to himself as Son of God, that does not mean the relationship was exclusive. Baptising in Jesus's name doesn't mean anything special. When someone converts to Islam, they must say "There is no God but God" as well as "And Muhammad is the messenger of God". The Muhammad part doesn't mean anything special for Muhammad.

Mar 8:38:
I agree with this too. None should be ashamed of Jesus or his words. Perhaps you are referring to the fact that he called God "Father"? Once again, the relationship is not exclusive to Jesus. Infact, Jesus himself instructed everyone to pray: "Our Father in heaven...".

Luke 10:22
I gotta say, this one really confused me first. Then I checked this (much more readable) translation:

All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows who the Son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

It basically says:
*Everything Jesus says is from God
*No one truly knows Jesus except God
*No one knows God except the Jesus and whoever Jesus reveals to

I once again agree with everything here. Perhaps you were talking about the last part? I believe that Jesus was talking about that time then, not to all times after, or even before.
Are you saying that Adam didn't know who the Father is? Or Abraham who conversed with him directly? I don't think so. Since Jesus can't lie, that part of the statement obviously was referring to the people at that time. The people who had forgotten God.

Also, I don't know why everyone keeps saying that Jesus is God. Even by your own beliefs, Jesus is one part of the Trinity, and can't be God without all the other parts.

Peace and blessings

[edit on 4-6-2005 by babloyi]

[edit on 4-6-2005 by babloyi]

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley
Many Moslems say the same thing about Christians- both say the same thing about everyone else.

I agree and so each person better investigate personally and seek the answer to this question, because your eternal detiny depends on it. I found out the answer. The real God is Jesus Christ. I know this without a doubt because He lives with me each day.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
Also, I don't know why everyone keeps saying that Jesus is God. Even by your own beliefs, Jesus is one part of the Trinity, and can't be God without all the other parts.

Saying, "Jesus is God" is not an untrue statement.

While the statement is not untrue, it is also not complete without the understanding of the Trinity. Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are all "one in being". God is not like an apple you can cut up into seperate parts. Where you find one, you will always find the others.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Lord lets keep our children stupid and regulated so they can become more pliable and gullible to the manipulations of the government and the church.

Dear lord education doesn't matter when all our littler children needs is Jesus and the bible.

Dear lord lets force the government to hurry up and take over the citizens rights so we can only teach them the way to salvation in our school system.

We can never allowed our children to learn the truth or we will lose their support as adults, we have to take their free will and free thinking away.

Lord you know that we need them to make the soldiers of the Jesus of the future and we need to control them when they are still young.

Education in the US is falling fast thank to religious rights propaganda and against parents rights to chose what our children should learn.

I am glad that I had a very diverse education that has prepared me to understand the world.

What a pity for the future of this nation.

Wow- What ignorance !!!

I don't even know how to reply to such a stupid and rediculous reply. Yeah others were right when they said "It really shows your intellengence "

Would anyone like to discuss some history with this fool as to the problems we have inside our school system !

Like why didn't we have the same problems in the 40s, 50s, 60s, and 70's like we have now in our school system ?

What ideologies and philosophies has the public school system been pushing on our inocent children throughout each tenyear ?

If you haven't reasearched this you have nothing to say whatsoever ! No Validity at all. Just a bunch of your own messed up ideas and philosophies put into sarcasm. It was not even worth you time.

Anyway with that crap out of the way- YES I WILL CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR OUR CHILDREN AND THE CORRUPT SYTSYEM WE SEND OUR KIDS THROUGH !

Also pray for the parents of these children that they actually get involved in their childrens lives and look into the garbage literature that they are teaching. Don't be like this person that turns there head in disbelief and ignores the facts.

They are "Like lambs to the slaughter." I happen to have read a book named this and it has to do with an individual that was heavely involved in the occult and she was also a teacher as well. And yes there are even withches and wickens that have even come forward talking about their past involved in the public sysytem.

I am not sure about you but I don't want my kids getting swayed by or worse by others agendas. The system is bad enough !

I send my kids to go to school to be eduacted NOT Targetted !

The truth has been spoken !
Keep the faith and the prayers !

Our children need it !

I perosnally have friends that

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I wouldnt even mind if a buddhist came in and posted a prayer for schools. (Although I was hoping for Christians or Jews mostly..lol.)

Because you have been subject to propaganda, you have this view.

i am getting sick of all the people coming in here and yelling about how bad religion is.

I haven't seen anything proclaing, "religion is bad, period." Just yours. With a couple of bashings aimed at the Church of Scientology, indirectly. "The Big Bang theory is stupid, because this here book says so."

I wanted prayers for schools; not people to come in and bash my religion.

Admirable. The only problem is focusing on one of the smallest problems in the public education system - children actually making decisions for themselves.

It is amazing how a simple prayer request can attract the haters of God like that.

Yes, it is amaing how simple how a prayer - whether intentionally, or not - condemning another religious belief - or in this case, lack thereof - can piss people off. I just don't get it.

Actually Jesus lets anyone who wants to, do a u-turn.

Yet to be proven. Only hypothesized.

I dont think any1 is saying My god is better then yours.

It is implied, however.

There is only one God. Jews, christians, and muslims all believe in the same God.

From a certain point of view, you are correct. All are one; there is no separation. The Tao is Jehovah, the Dharma, Immanuel; all are one, and the One is All.

However, I don't outright demand that anybody believe or accept this. That's the difference.

Only one of those is right, but I dont want to start contraversy here.

All are right, and wrong. All are different views of the same concept - morality for immortality.

I agree there is only one real God. I disagree with the other. The Jews rejected Him(Christ) but will someday recognize Him.

I agree that there is One. I disagree with the concept of Duality and Separation. All is Unified.

Allah is not the same God christians worship.

Yes, he/she/it/they is! If they are not, they are only made different by their view of him/her/it/them.

And actually I am saying the God I believe in is better.

You and God are the same - all are God, and God is all. God cannot be better than itself.

That is the problem in the word, is not above one God for all, but how and under which brand of believes and which brand of religion it should be worshiped.

"Try THAT with those other brand-name deities. Get the true, authentic creation-figure at God-Mart!"

So muslims are saved how?

According to misinformed media sources and super-patriots, by boarding a bus with TNT strapped to their chests. Just as many Muslims believe Christians are saved by having swords (or in the modern era, guns) placed at their throats.

but they don't believe Jesus is God. They also don't believe He died for sin.

And they aren't the only ones. Believe it or not, it is, in my experience, pretty much only the Christians who believe this - as barbaric as any other belief may seem. Heh.

s it true they cant drink any alcohal? I mean I cant imagine going through life without :w:

Yes, imagine a life in which you can recall every "last night" you've ever had. How terrible.

I don't drink alcohol and don't miss it.

Good - being a recovered alcoholic myself, I don't miss it either. Like I just said, I don't miss not being able to recall the night before a hangover. I sure as hell don't miss watching my dinner re-emerge. And I don't miss the stupidity associated with intoxication.

They cant be saved except through Christ

Well, from you're point of view, anyway. Of course, as ridiulous and satanic as it may seem - not everyone sees things as you do.

And a false God of satanic origin is not really a God.

"God," via Wikipedia:
The term God is used to designate a Supreme Being; however, there are countless definitions of God. For example:

* Many religious and philosophic systems consider God to be the creator of the universe.
* Some traditions hold that the creator of the universe is also the sustainer of the universe (as in theism), while others argue that God is no longer involved in the world after creation (as in deism).
* The common definition of God assumes omnipotence, omniscience and benevolence. However, not all systems hold that God is necessarily morally good (see summum bonum). Others maintain that God is beyond the limited human understanding of morality. Negative theology argues that no true statements about attributes of God can be made at all, while agnostic positions argue that limited human understanding does not allow for any conclusive opinions on God whatsoever. Some mystical traditions ascribe limits to God's powers, arguing that God's supreme nature leaves no room for spontaneity.
* The concept of a singular God is characteristic of monotheism, but there is no universal definition of monotheism. The differences between monotheism and polytheism vary among traditions (see also trinity, dualism, and henotheism).
* Some concepts of God may include anthropomorphic attributes, gender, particular names, and ethnic exclusivity (see Chosen people), while others are purely transcendent or philosophic concepts.
* Some concepts of God centre on a view of God as ultimate, immanent, transcendent, eternal Reality beyond the shifting and constantly mutable multiplicities of the sensible world.
* The concept of God is often connected to principles of absolute morality or truth.
* There are variations on defining God either as a person, or not as a person but as an ambiguous impersonal force (see Absolute Infinite). Also at stake are questions concerning the possibilities of human/God relations. There are countless variations in traditions of worship and/or appeasement of God.
* Some espouse an exclusionist view, holding to one sole definition of God. Others hold an inclusionist view, accepting the possibility of more than one definition of God to be true at the same time.
* There are also atheistic explanations for the concept of God that can include psychological and/or sociological factors.

Via dictionary.com:

1. God
1. A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions.
2. The force, effect, or a manifestation or aspect of this being.
2. A being of supernatural powers or attributes, believed in and worshiped by a people, especially a male deity thought to control some part of nature or reality.
3. An image of a supernatural being; an idol.
4. One that is worshiped, idealized, or followed: Money was their god.
5. A very handsome man.
6. A powerful ruler or despot.

I agree and so each person better investigate personally and seek the answer to this question,

I agree. Each person should draw his own conclusions - not those demanded by a corrupt system of clerics and outdated stories.

I found out the answer.

Well, the answer that fits you best, anyway.

I happen to have read a book named this and it has to do with an individual that was heavely involved in the occult and she was also a teacher as well. And yes there are even withches and wickens that have even come forward talking about their past involved in the public sysytem.

Holy Bat, Cowman! Non-Christian teachers?! What's next - a non-Christian President?! What is the world coming to?

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raphael_UO
Saying, "Jesus is God" is not an untrue statement.
While the statement is not untrue, it is also not complete without the understanding of the Trinity. Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are all "one in being". God is not like an apple you can cut up into seperate parts. Where you find one, you will always find the others.

Ummm....I suppose I should not have brought the Trinity bit up. It's a whole confusion by itself. However, I'll take your word for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join