It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prayer for our Schools

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I invite you all to pray for our schools and the kids in them. I dont want to hear replies about how Christianity or Judaism is wrong and should not be allowed in schools, if you dont believe, then you wont believe our prayers will make a difference, so its no big deal. If you have a prayer you want to add, please reply with it. Here's mine.

Lord, please help the schools.You told us that it is not Your will that any should perish, but that all should come to You. Please carry out your will in our schools, and save the children from the temptation to become atheist as the schools teach. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

I pray for the schools because I am in them, and almost all of my friends are atheist because of the curriculum of evolution and other BS.

[edit on 31-5-2005 by DanD9]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I really don’t think this is the place for prayers towards the public school system. Besides, I’m sure there are other reasons why people are turning to atheism. Just because someone believes in evolution doesn’t mean they can’t believe in god, and just because evolution is taught as a THEORY, doesn’t mean they are going to, or have to, believe it.

If you still want to pray for public schools, I’m sure there are plenty of other, more obvious, and more dire problems to focus on.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I was praying that the kids get saved, there is no bigger deal. lol.
but yeah I guess this really isnt the place

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I dont think its a school that makes a kid go atheist
What you should be praying is that there are no more school shootings.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
let the man speak... geez. nice prayer son, this is faith adn spirituality, its allowed anytime someone wants to gather round BTS memberes and pray to God

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DanD9
I was praying that the kids get saved, there is no bigger deal. lol.
but yeah I guess this really isnt the place

You were right the first time, this is the place to pray. Anywhere at anytime is the place to turn ourself to God and talk to Him.

The problems of this world are too many and too much and always increasing in frequency and intensity. God is the only one who can solve them and we need Him.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Lord lets keep our children stupid and regulated so they can become more pliable and gullible to the manipulations of the government and the church.

Dear lord education doesn't matter when all our littler children needs is Jesus and the bible.

Dear lord lets force the government to hurry up and take over the citizens rights so we can only teach them the way to salvation in our school system.

We can never allowed our children to learn the truth or we will lose their support as adults, we have to take their free will and free thinking away.

Lord you know that we need them to make the soldiers of the Jesus of the future and we need to control them when they are still young.

Education in the US is falling fast thank to religious rights propaganda and against parents rights to chose what our children should learn.

I am glad that I had a very diverse education that has prepared me to understand the world.

What a pity for the future of this nation.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Lord lets keep our children stupid and regulated so they can become more pliable and gullible to the manipulations of the government and the church.

What a pity for the future of this nation.

You realize what you just said tells alot about you. I read alot of your other posts on different topics and you desire tolerance but only up to a point. Once Jesus Christ is mentioned that's where your tolerance ends.

There is a right and wrong. Don't judge Christianity by looking at George Bush. I imagine you pray to someone, yet belittle someone else who does it just because they pray to someone other than your choice of God. The more time that goes by and the more posts you do, your hatred for Christ and christians becomes more and more apparent. You need to examine yourself.

[edit on 1-6-2005 by dbrandt]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Religion should always be a matter of personal choice and private worshiping between the beleiver and his choice of God.

Pushing relgion unto others specially to children in schools is maniputaltion.

Now if Relgion was to be in the school system as a comparative subject in which all believes were to be equal, then I think that would be fantastic, but that is not what religious right wants in the US.

Religion has to be one side and one believe and that is what its been pushed into our schools.

Sorry if you can not see it, then you most be blind. I forgot, I am as open as a book and I have never hide my views and feelings either.

I don't have too.

[edit on 1-6-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Religion should always be a matter of personal choice and private worshiping between the beleiver and his choice of God.

Pushing relgion unto others specially to children in schools is maniputaltion.

Now if Relgion was to be in the school system as a comparative subject in which all believes were to be equal, then I think that would be fantastic, but that is not what religious right wants in the US.

Religion has to be one side and one believe and that is what its been pushed into our schools.

Sorry if you can not see it then you most be blind. I forgot, I am as open as a book and I have never hide my views and feelign either.

I don't have too.

While I don't agree with the forcing of 1 religion in schools thing, I think you have a wrong idea about the judaism-christian-islam religions. For them, it is not a private thing between them and God. For them it is a complete all-in-all relationship between God, you and the rest of humanity.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
marg6043
If you dont believe in the Lord, dont make prayers to Him, and if you dont believe in him, you shouldnt care, its not like you believe that prayers are effective anyways.

I only want to help kids; the schools teach kids atheism. I dont want any of my friends to have to suffer in Hell because of school teaching them aetheism.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I don't think that everyone's problem is with praying to a deity that they do not believe in. I believe that it is the discrepency between praying for things to happen and making them happen yourself. It is the apathy that comes with believing in just hoping said event will occur without helping it to come about. Perhaps it is not you or me, but rather the ideas that we are spreading to those around us. Monkey see, monkey do (a bit of evolution humor for those that can take a joke).

If you want things to change then find a way to make them change.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
I don't think that everyone's problem is with praying to a deity that they do not believe in. I believe that it is the discrepency between praying for things to happen and making them happen yourself. It is the apathy that comes with believing in just hoping said event will occur without helping it to come about. Perhaps it is not you or me, but rather the ideas that we are spreading to those around us. Monkey see, monkey do (a bit of evolution humor for those that can take a joke).

If you want things to change then find a way to make them change.

I agree with Jonna we should not expect God to do things for us. We should only pray if it is beyond our control or if we are asking for His help.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   

marg6043
If you dont believe in the Lord, dont make prayers to Him, and if you dont believe in him, you shouldnt care, its not like you believe that prayers are effective anyways.

This post is an example of lack of tolerance, see, how do you know that I have no believes, just because they are not the same as yours in particular doesn't mean that I don't have any.

That is the problem if religion or christianity in particular is involve in schools, it will be no tolerance against any other believes.

The school has not business teaching children about religion or believes that is a family matter.

I will agree on the teaching of comparative religion but that’s not the issue the issue is to bring only one set of established believes only, christianity.

How do you know that your believes are the right ones and not mine, perhaps mine are the real thing.

See in this world we have many believes and none of them including yours has never been prove as the real deal.

That is why we can not push one religion over others in our schools.

You believe in hell I don't . . . Have you ever been in hell? so how do you know it exist.

That is call believing and believes, but you can not prove that they are real, that is where faith comes in.

Religion is a faith base understanding that your views and opinions are the real ones and everybody else with a different view and opinion is wrong.

But actually is a very big possibility that you are wrong and the others may be right.

But can you prove it? or the others can prove it? can I prove it? not no body can.

That is life when it comes to religion and faith it can no be a balance among them.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   

What your view toward God is, is anyone's choice. By private do you mean that there shouldn't be places where people can gather who have the same beliefs?

The purest motive and deepest call that a true christian has for telling others about Christ is that we believe 100% that Jesus is the Savior of mankind. He is the only way to have sin removed from us and to be restored to God. Once we realize the eternal death we have escaped we begin to think about others. We don't want anyone to suffer everlasting seperation from God. We want everyone to be able to live forever with God throughout eternity.

Hell, the place, maybe nothing more than seperation from God. That will result in loneliness. Never seeing God and loved ones ever again.

That will also result in that person keeping their sins for all eternity. The guilt and shame of thinking on them over and over again throughout eternity will be horrendous. Never seeing God or loved ones again. Never again to feel happy or fulfilled or the sense of prospering or a sense of accomplishment. Never again talking to someone or touching someone or being touched by someone. What if physical problems follow you to hell. What if emphysema follows you there. Gasping for breath for all of eternity. The list could go on and on.

The next response from some will be how could God do that to anyone.
God didn't do it to anyone, God sent the Savior that prevents this. If a person chooses to reject Him they will have chosen to go to hell.

If you were trapped in the middle of a rushing river and a helicopter came and threw you a bouy on a lifeline and you didn't grab onto it so you could be taken to safety, would it be the helicopter pilot's fault that you weren't saved. No, It would be your fault for not taking the way provided for you to be saved.

Another argument is, "What about the people in times past who never heard about Jesus." Guess what they are not my problem and they are not your problem. God has us living right now in 2005. Your responsibilty is in the present. God has always been, and He was at work before you or I were born to get salvation to those people also.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Marg most things in schools today are more anti-christrian because I had a biology teacher this year tell us about evolution and teh stupid thing that we came from reptiles....

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   

marg6043

This post is an example of lack of tolerance, ..(snip)

This is an example of YOUR intolerance marge.

This is HIS thread asking for prayers for children. You hate God and Christians so much that you bust in to bash them any way you can.
Why did you do this?
Why didnt you just live and let live

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Marg most things in schools today are more anti-christrian because I had a biology teacher this year tell us about evolution and teh stupid thing that we came from reptiles....

You know, if you want to be taught that God created us, and all that mess, there are Christian schools available.

Furthermore, why is the theory you mentioned "stupid?" Because you know better, or because another theory states otherwise?

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by LOBO

You know, if you want to be taught that God created us, and all that mess, there are Christian schools available.

Furthermore, why is the theory you mentioned "stupid?" Because you know better, or because another theory states otherwise?

Ya what is it with other "christian" religions and evolution? Us catholics dont really care if evolution is true or not.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Ya what is it with other "christian" religions and evolution? Us catholics dont really care if evolution is true or not.

I suspect you do not speak for all catholics.

There are indeed some christians who believe

1,) The bible is the perfect word of God
2.) God, by the implication of being God, was able to keep that word perfect even to this day.
3.) That God meant what he said. Otherwise He wouldnt have said it.
4.) Any God who could not arrainge #'s 1 and 2 is not God.
5.) If His Word is not perfect, then you are believing a lie.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join