It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prayer for our Schools

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Amen to that brother, if is something religion has fail in this world in the thousands of years of been born is to unite humans as a whole in love peace and fellowship.

Thats peoples fault not religion.

But instead is hatred, intolerance and my God is better than yours, my believes are the real ones and yours are wrong. Pity.

I dont think any1 is saying My god is better then yours. There is only one God. Jews, christians, and muslims all believe in the same God. Only one of those is right, but I dont want to start contraversy here. If you want to know just u2u me.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
There is only one God. Jews, christians, and muslims all believe in the same God. Only one of those is right, but I dont want to start contraversy here.

I agree there is only one real God. I disagree with the other. The Jews rejected Him(Christ) but will someday recognize Him.

Allah is not the same God christians worship.

And actually I am saying the God I believe in is better.

adj. bet·ter, (btr) best (bst)
Being positive or desirable in nature; not bad or poor

Having the qualities that are desirable or distinguishing in a particular thing

Serving the desired purpose or end

Not spoiled or ruined

In excellent condition; sound

Superior to the average

Of high quality

Worthy of respect; honorable

Beneficial to health

Competent; skilled

Complete; thorough

Reliable; sure: a good investment

Valid or true

Genuine; real

In effect

Ample; substantial:
Bountiful

Full

Pleasant; enjoyable

Propitious; favorable

Of moral excellence; upright

Benevolent; kind

Loyal
[edit on 3-6-2005 by dbrandt]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I dont think any1 is saying My god is better then yours. There is only one God. Jews, christians, and muslims all believe in the same God. Only one of those is right, but I dont want to start contraversy here. If you want to know just u2u me.

And you are right but as you can see many people differ and go into wars because the one God is not for all.

You have the God of christianity, the God of the old testament and the God of the muslins.

You know is only one I know that but the ones that use this gods do they know is only one?.

No they will swear in their bibles and in their korans that is not the same god.

That is the problem in the word, is not above one God for all, but how and under which brand of believes and which brand of religion it should be worshiped.

And then which denomination of religion is the right one because as you can see is even a controvercy about what denomination is the right one.

People spend their lives trying to find the way of salvation through finding the right religion under the right denomination, when all along is only one that is more than happy to fit all.

If people were satisfy with their faith we will not be here in this forums talking about it, everybody will be satisfy and content.

Pity.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   

No they will swear in their bibles and in their korans that is not the same god.

What are you talking about? When have Christians said they dont believe in the same God as the jews? We all believe in the God of Abraham. Islam also believes in Jesus, just not that he was the son of God just a prophet. They do also believe he will one day come back just like christians. The bible and the Kuran are very similar.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Islam also believes in Jesus, just not that he was the son of God just a prophet. They do also believe he will one day come back just like christians. The bible and the Kuran are very similar.

So muslims are saved how?

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

Islam also believes in Jesus, just not that he was the son of God just a prophet. They do also believe he will one day come back just like christians. The bible and the Kuran are very similar.

So muslims are saved how?

I didnt say they were saved, I dont know if theyre saved. I am just saying they to believe in Jesus/God and they also believe that Jesus will come back.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I didnt say they were saved, I dont know if theyre saved. I am just saying they to believe in Jesus/God and they also believe that Jesus will come back.

I'm not trying to be a stinker, just conversing, but they don't believe Jesus is God. They also don't believe He died for sin.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I'm not trying to be a stinker, just conversing, but they don't believe Jesus is God. They also don't believe He died for sin.

Ya I think thats it.

Hey is it true they cant drink any alcohal? I mean I cant imagine going through life without :w:

[edit on 6/3/2005 by Croat56]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Hey is it true they cant drink any alcohal? I mean I cant imagine going through life without :w:

[edit on 6/3/2005 by Croat56]

I don't know about them, but I don't drink alcohol and don't miss it.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I don't know about them, but I don't drink alcohol and don't miss it.

(does sign of cross) Poor Dbrant, I will pray for you

Anyway, I think you should learn more about others religions. I think every1 should. This way we can have a real theological talk/debate without mistaking anothers belief.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Well actually, they say he is the son of God, and say he is Messiah 11 times. The thing is, they say christians and jews are guilty of screwing up scripture or something. The quran also says that he is a prophet. Which one, prophet or messiah? They cant be saved except through Christ and they think that Allah can forgive your sins in other ways. So, I dont think they can be saved, but you never know. I'll pray on it and find out.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Im with brandt.

The bible says that anyone who denies that Jesus is the Christ, and that he died for the sins of mankind, and rose from the dead, does not have Christ OR God.

So if God is not accepting that worship, then who is?

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
Im with brandt.

The bible says that anyone who denies that Jesus is the Christ, and that he died for the sins of mankind, and rose from the dead, does not have Christ OR God.

So if God is not accepting that worship, then who is?

Ahh but thats the bible and not the quran

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   

What are you talking about? When have Christians said they dont believe in the same God as the jews? We all believe in the God of Abraham. Islam also believes in Jesus, just not that he was the son of God just a prophet. They do also believe he will one day come back just like christians. The bible and the Kuran are very similar.

I had posted that in support of what brandt said about this post.

I believe you will find the verses I referred to in John or 1John.

What the quran says is not important to the quote from the bibles POV

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Heheh..I like Croat. He is willing to be tolerant, and wants to discuss.
dbrandt. aren't you being a little contradictory? Your God is better? Lets see here:
Christians believe there is only 1 God
Muslims believe there is only 1 God
Dbrandt thinks his God is better than the muslim God.
Thus Dbrandt believes that there is more than 1 God.

By very fact that Muslims and Christians both believe there is only 1 God, it shows that the God is the same God.

I don't know about this weird "Saved", but to be a Muslim, one must follow what CHRIST HIMSELF said. Not what John said. The first 2, and MOST IMPORTANT commandments. They include nothing about accepting that Christ died for everyones sins.

DanD9, yeah, Muslims believe Jesus was a prophet (as in a messenger of God) as well as the Messiah (the promised one of the Jews). Those two terms aren't contradictory.

As for a prayer for schools:
I think the prayer of Abraham would be suitable:
O my Lord! bestow wisdom on me, and join me with the righteous; and my children
Grant me honourable mention on the tongue of truth among the latest (generations);
Make me one of the inheritors of the Garden of Bliss;
Forgive my father, for that he is among those astray; forgive the ignorance of the customs followed
And let me not be in disgrace on the Day when (men) will be raised up

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DanD9

Well actually, they say he is the son of God, and say he is Messiah 11 times.

I'd like to know where it says this in the Koran, because from what I studied the Koran says God has no son. And I'm skeptical it says He's the messiah. If you could put the Koran references I would appreciate so that I can look them up.

[edit on 4-6-2005 by dbrandt]

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
Dbrandt thinks his God is better than the muslim God.
Thus Dbrandt believes that there is more than 1 God.

By very fact that Muslims and Christians both believe there is only 1 God, it shows that the God is the same God.

I believe there is only one God, Jesus. There are other people who believe they know a God also, when in fact, none exists or is of satanic origin. And a false God of satanic origin is not really a God.

Muslims and christians do not believe in the same God, because the muslim "God" is either not real or of satanic origin. Was that clear enough.

The Bible and Koran contradict each other.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
Heheh..I like Croat. He is willing to be tolerant, and wants to discuss.
dbrandt. aren't you being a little contradictory? Your God is better? Lets see here:

Bingo!!!!!!

Thanks for bringing this littler fact in, Babloyi, you got the point that I was trying to make.

While some are more "tolerant" and agree with certain point of views.

Others have one narrow understanding of what religious believes are outside the bible teachings.

Religion in any category and under any circumstances is never view in the same way, by believers.

Even when they still worship the same God.

My point Religion will never be a mean to peace in this earth because always will be room for debate on what one Christian believe over the views of another Christian, just because they are not from the same "denomination".

People interpret their bible in different ways only in close groups of religious denominations people get to agree on the same issues, but outside of their churches they disagree with the interpretation of other churches even when is the same god.

That also applies with religion from other points of views as muslin, same god but different views, so it most be a different god.

That is why is so many division in the religious groups in our country even when they all worship the same God.

And then some question what is my problem? Well just read the littler post you people with exeption of babloyi has posted in this page.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The reason dbrandts post above is because of what I posted.

The bible says that if you dont believe Jesus is the son of God, who died and rose...then you do not know God.

Here is something that Jesus said

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Mar 8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Luk 10:22 All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him

Jesus made it clear that God has revealed Himself in 3 parts, Jesus showed in Mark that whoever does not believe will be found guilty
Then He shows that God, HIS Father, showed Him stuff that NO MAN knows.

Jesus' own words.

Those 3 verses in red show that what John says about whover denies Jesus, does not have God, is the truth

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
If you believe the gospel of st Thomas is real.. [and probably edited out of scipture to empower religion] ..you'd know that it is "the message that is important.. not the messenger". Love and compassion is what saves- this is what Jesus' message was suppose to be.

I'm a buddhist atheist.. my spirit is connected to the universe and is not 'seperated' from any heaven or traditional concept of god; heaven and hell are everywhere.. including here.. however I'll indulge the request to 'pray'.. despite this thread being born in persecution of those who don't pray to the 'right' god.

I pray- that children in schools are free to be themselves without being strung up for it.. that their individuality is nurtured not repressed.. that those few who go there to escape abuse at home recieve the help they need.. [so they don't need turn to gangs to find family and drugs] likewise those who want to escape school because of bullying and intollerence.. are accepted, seen and appreciated for who they are [kids who massacre in schools are usually bullying victims]. I 'pray' that biggotry is no longer taught, and that children are defined not by 'what' they are but who they are.. religious brands on their foreheads just divides them into groups like cattle.
That things like religion and social class are not used to belittle others.. a day where children are taught the message of love not hate.. and for them to grow up seeing humanity become unified for the sake of itself.. not for the sake of a book.

a glimpse into my sensitive side.

[edit on 4-6-2005 by riley]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join