It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Congratulations To The Republican Party

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
They want to let Gays Marry and are for Abortion which I guess is what you are talking about. Most Republicans are for civil unions for gays and abortions under some circumstances. The difference is slight, usually just the terms they wish to use. So where is the difference here?

There is no differance. Im on the left and I dont believe in abortion as a form of birth control. What we have to look at is what the parties are accomplishing. Which right now isnt much of anything that really benifits the people.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
Im not sure about the anything other then republicans, is Anti-American thing

I have seen people claim that the Democrats were just as bad as the terrorists.....LOL

We aren't living in Nazi-America.......YET.

But I do see a lot of scary trends going on. Privacy rights being taken away, American CITIZENS in Gitmo, Patriot acts 1 and 2, the new "snitch on your kids" drug bill, etc,etc,etc.

As a Libertarian these things scare me.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Better to export our way of life there then to let them export theirs here, IMO.

Who is trying to force there way of life on us? I was 100% for invading Afganistian and getting OBL but was against invading Iraq. We are wasting time and our childrens lives in this.

Anarchy resulting from police and courts no longer willing to enforce the laws we have on the books - easier to feel sorry for the criminals than the victims.

If you are saying that childmolesters and Killers should be kept in prision I agree, can you tell me who is demanding there release?

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Wasn't Kerry's whole campaign about letting the U.N. decide what we should do regarding foreign policy? And what about the people that think we should be subservient to the World Court even to the point of letting our own leaders be arrested if they travel abroad? As a libertarian, none of that can have set well with you.

Where have you been? I thought you said you watched the news? Haven't you seen the news about the sex criminal released from prison killing the little girl in Florida? And that Tate kid that killed the other little girl, got a life sentence, had it thrown out on a technicality and was then recently arrested for armed robbery. I could keep typing examples like this until my PC burned up.

[edit on 5/27/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
From what I was reading in this thread it seems like most people are reading the newspapers for their intelligence !

There are plenty of good books on the market that explain in full detail what is going on with the west and the east and it started in the early 80's but the polititions tuned there head and look what happend ? 911 !

Clinton had his chance to interceed then, when the enemy needed to be snuffed out and broken up.

Now, poor Bush is left to clean up the democrats carp once again.

How many times in history have the republicans cleaned up the left over mess of the democrats.

I think that we all need to come together for the good of the country, repubs, democrats, idependents etc....

It's coming again, It's just a matter of time. Will you be ready this time ?

Well- back to reading the truth and throwing the newspaper away !

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Wasn't Kerry's whole campaign about letting the U.N. decide what we should do regarding foreign policy? And what about the people that think we should be subservient to the World Court even to the point of letting our own leaders be arrested if they travel abroad? As a libertarian, none of that can have set well with you.

Actually Kerrys whole campaign was a great attempt at getting Bush elected.

As far as the world court goes, well, I myself and on the fence about that one. On one hand I feel if we wish to be the world police and democratic enforcer, we should have to answer for our mistakes. On the other hand, as an American, I find it hard to support the legal actions of our representatives in a foreign land. Bush has made it quite clear that there will be no accountability for anything gone wrong in his war on terror so I dont think it really matters one way or the other.

BTW, I know the question wasnt addressed specifically to me, but I felt the need to chime in

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I have seen people claim that the Democrats were just as bad as the terrorists.....LOL

we all have heard people claim that ALL republicans are baby-killers, war-mongers and Oil diggers.

Each side (for the most part) thinks the other is the worst thing since hitler and that America can do without them. At this post we need both sides to keep the balance...sometimes the scale tips but something comes along to even it out.

But one day, most likely in the near future, the scale is gonna tip to one side and stay like that for a loooong time. I wonder which side?

[edit on 27/5/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Kerry clearly stated he would do the same thing that Bush did. Again where is the difference. As a Libertarian invading other countries and forcing Demorcacy down there throats at gunpoint is not part of my agenda. I think we should mind our own business and if we HAD HAVE minded our own business we wouldnt be in this problem.

As for our leaders abroad I think they should stay home and clean the freaking mess up here before they fly around the world hot spots like Hawaii, the Bahamas, etc on MY MONEY. I dont want to see us under the wolrd court as you put it but I also dont think we should trying to rule the world either. I dont care if Israelis and Palistienians are killing each other, I dont care if Sadam was gassing his own people, I dont care if Muslim women have to wear Burkas, etc.

NONE OF IT IS MY BUSINESS NOR MY GOVERNMENTS

Where have you been? I thought you said you watched the news? Haven't you seen the news about the sex criminal released from prison killing the little girl in Florida? And that Tate kid that killed the other little girl, got a life sentence, had it thrown out on a technicality and was then recently arrested for armed robbery. I could keep typing examples like this until my PC burned up.

[edit on 5/27/2005 by centurion1211]

And the Democrats forced the jails to release these people? Can you back that up?

I think if they had have been shot when convicted it would have stopped them from re-offending dont you?

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB

But one day, most likely in the near future, the scale is gonna tip to one side and stay like that for a loooong time. I wonder which side?

[edit on 27/5/2005 by SportyMB]

The thing that really scares me about this is that I think that maybe the decesion has already been made as to which way the scale is going to tip.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB

we all have heard people claim that ALL republicans are baby-killers, war-mongers and Oil diggers.

and they are as equally deluded as the other side. Both sides are being played by the slickest Propaganda machine in history.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Which party is known as being soft on crime? I live out here with the 9th circus court of appeals. I'm a total 2nd ammendment rights person. However, was stunned by the decision of the SF DA (democrat, of course) not to seek the death penalty in a case where a guy ambushed a cop with an AK-47 recently. That's why this judicial nominee fight is so crucial. What the left can't win at the ballot box, they are trying to get 'legislated' from the courts by Carter and Clinton appointees. Look at all these citizen approved (most by huge margins) laws and initiatives that keep getting overturned by one judge who answers to no one (but his political patrons?).

If you can't get cable tv, there's always satellite.

An aside on abortion. I'm actually pro-choice on this. Not up to me to tell you what to do with your body. Plus I just saw some recent data (trying to find it again) to really casts doubt on the church claim that life begins at conception. Turns out that only about 20% of conceived embryos actually become implanted and go on to develop into a fetus. If true, the church is way behind on holding funerals.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Since you say the parties are barely different, you should congratulate the Democrats for convincing everyone that the Republicans are racist, only for the rich, gun-totin' , ignorant, religious whackos.

My apology, you did mention the Dems. Just not in as much detail.

[edit on 5/27/2005 by eaglewingz]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
There is not now nor has there been since Truman/Eisenhower a real difference between the parties. Both are simply doing the bidding of the big business interests of the day.

As to clean elections, they don't exist. Never have. Never will. There is always shenanigans in any voting that goes on. In the Appalachians there is a saying: "Ballots down the river." It comes from the ballot boxes spilling into the river to float down uncounted in certain jurisdictions. Of course, historically, Louisiana has the most impressive record of corruption of any state. (Washington DC is in a league of its own.)

Both parties have betrayed the interests of the populous. Both parties are made up of criminals. Sorry, I come from the politician = criminal school of thought -- and studying history just reinforces this view.

Republicans are fascists.

Democrats are fascists.

You see fascism is rule by the corporate interest. It is just that each has a different set of corporations - often competing - to satisfy. Democrats are all over Intellectual Property, for instance, and Republicans are all big business land rights.

As to the way the judiciary works, in the beginning of this country the Founding Fathers decided that lifetime appointments would shield the judiciary from the whims of a plebiscite. Rule by the majority was something to be avoided in the new republic. The majority often causes pain to the minority who are doing no harm to anyone else. Now, this is nice in theory, but judges are human and thus become as corrupt as the next guy.

(One of the reasons my husband and I found Runaway Jury so silly was that anyone familiar with certain jurisdictions know you just bribe the judge or the prosecutor or the defense attorney... Corruption is endemic even in the USA. Granted, there are exceptions, but that movie was just too stupid.)

Judges were supposed to be above the fray to protect the rights of the minority. This was the same reason that Senators were not to be elected directly by the people in the original drafting of the Constitution. Taft was the one who got the amendment for direct senatorial elections. I'm not so sure this was a good thing. (Before that senators were either appointed by the governor or elected by the legislature of the given state - you know, real republicanism.)

Now, if you really think either party is made up of anything other than criminals I would be interested in seeing proof. I worked a short time in DC and I saw plenty to convince me otherwise.

Pax,

MLO

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz
My apology, you did mention the Dems. Just not in as much detail.

If the Democrats were in power I would have gone to MUCH greater lengths describing their BS.

I am from Arkansas, home of Clinton and arguably the most corrupt "Good ol Boy" system in the country. Our politicians would shame a Banana Republic bureaucrat for bribiblity(is that a word?) and Clinton was the KING.

I will post more later I need to stop because my hands are swelling.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
It’s simple as this . . . our country is not longer ruled by political parties, while we can argue about the good and the evil of the political elite call the Republicans and Democrats the truth is that is not separation between the two.

The so called "die hard" party's followers will fall flat on their butts to prove how evil one party is over the other one.

But the reality is that our country is being ruled for the past 20 years by the same power behind the political parties the big groups and elite groups that are the ones that own the country and the ones pushing the money and pushing the political candidates at will.

Because they own them and own the country, and they are playing with all of us while we think and we are make to believe that we still hold the power as who is elected.

So go ahead die hard and eat your harts out you have been sold, bought and deceived along with our nation over and over and still don’t get to see the game played here.

Pathetic.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Its amazing that the Repubilcan resurgence in the last few years...Look up what happened in Texas, Rep. haven't had control over there legislature since the reconsrution period after the Civil War, Now they have control and forced Dem lawmakers to "Flee" Texas because they didn't want to vote on a restructuring of voter areas that in future elections would/will give Republican clear majoritys

Kinda like the South is really rising again..

Funny these conversations were not as prevalent or urgent when the Democrats controled most of the Fed and State legislatures..

Liberalizm..ended slavery, the unfair labor laws in the early industial revolution in the USA, gave womens rights, then gave them the right to chose...

Conservitizm has givin us....prohabition, segragation, Anti-gay marriage laws[any law restricting human rights especially to a minority is krap] huge dept, huge military buget, usually wars...ect

Im not Liberal

Right Wing Repubicans scare me...

CLOSE our Borders

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Well I can say that the Republicans of the 1980's - mid 90's are NO more.

Thats why I am a independent at this point.

Yes - I guess I chose the lesser of 2 evils back in Novemeber. Everyone here thinks I am such a Bush fan, but in reality, I still remain guarded. Although he has turned out MUCH better than I ever thought he would be, he is still no Ronnie Raygun.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Sorry I'm late; just did 1,400 miles in two days, and my arse is numb!

The Reps' portrait of the Dems, or at least those who control them, is entirely accurate, Amuk. But, let me ask you; am I guilty if I politely sit by and watch someone murder another human, or am I complicit through collusion?
We are being beaten by a series of 1-2 punches. Obviously, the Dems are the left fist and the Reps are the right. Everyone cheers for "their team", while they have no idea how the country is supposed to be, what made it great, and what changes have been implemented to bring the once-great nation to her knees. Furthermore, and maybe the worst part, people have no idea why those who control the world wants this nation broken.

What is important in most peoples' minds is to "Get out the vote!". Do the voters have a clue who they are voting for, why they are voting for that person, what the person actually stands for and how his convictions weigh against the founding documentation? Absolutely not. All the better, as far as those in global control are concerned; what is important is the average Joe thinks he is part of the controlling factor, and that the Joe pulls for one of the two major teams.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Sorry I'm late; just did 1,400 miles in two days, and my arse is numb!

I wont touch this....lol

The Reps' portrait of the Dems, or at least those who control them, is entirely accurate, Amuk.

How are the Republicans any different?

But, let me ask you; am I guilty if I politely sit by and watch someone murder another human, or am I complicit through collusion?

Not really sure what you are getting at with this if you will clarify I will get back to you.

We are being beaten by a series of 1-2 punches. Obviously, the Dems are the left fist and the Reps are the right. Everyone cheers for "their team", while they have no idea how the country is supposed to be, what made it great, and what changes have been implemented to bring the once-great nation to her knees. Furthermore, and maybe the worst part, people have no idea why those who control the world wants this nation broken.

Here we agree, I think. I tend to shy away from the religious aspects of it but it is odd that we could come to almost the same conclusion form two different angles. I would love to here more from you on your Ideas on this and I have and will annoy everyone I can with mine....LOL. I still shy away from the whole "one world" thing, I dont think anyone is driving the train myself but some recent events are starting to make me wonder.

Do the voters have a clue who they are voting for, why they are voting for that person, what the person actually stands for and how his convictions weigh against the founding documentation? Absolutely not. All the better, as far as those in global control are concerned; what is important is the average Joe thinks he is part of the controlling factor, and that the Joe pulls for one of the two major teams.

Here we join togather. Most voters, as expressed often on this Board, havent got a clue what the people they vote for stand for. They know the party lines but thats it.

If we dont crack the two party system all hope is lost and I dont think we can to be honest.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Which party is known as being soft on crime?

What have the Republicans done to curb crime? Besides making it manditory to release Childmolesters, Rapists, Killers, etc so the can have room for pot smokers and drug addicts in the "war on drugs"?

I am for the Death penelty on all three....is that tough enough?

Again its a minor difference at best between the two partys. Try looking the FACTS on what they DO instead of getting your "Facts" from FOX or CNN. Go beyond the sound bites and look at voting records and the laws they pass. We have an epidimic of child-rapists/killers going on right now and what does the Republican Party plan to do about it?

Make a law giving you a 2-10 year manditory sentece for not turning in your pot smoking brother-in-law.

All the while claiming they cant keep baby-rapers in jail because they dont have room.

Is that what you call tough on crime?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join