It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Congratulations To The Republican Party

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
"When I'm not kissing Babies, I'm stealing their Lollipops!"

Thats my favourite description of a Politician - said by special presidents advisor, to agent Jack Ryan in the Movie Hunt 4 Red October (GREAT Movie!)

Anyway, I also think that ALL Politicians are corrupt and bunch of cheap liars, that dont tell the Truth very often. They always promise to "change things for the better" just before the elections - and when they are elected, they quickly forget all their famous promises.

America has a very polarized, two party political system - and these two parties are in essence very similar, but also very different. Its pretty obvious that today the Republican party is running the Show in America, and the Democrats are out of the picture for now.

Would the Democrats act the same, if they were in control?

Would they also attack Afganistan and Iraq?

Problem is, that War equals Profit - and thruout the History of United States, wars were being waged by mainly Republican presidents, and their goverments. They are the ones, that are closely connected to the Military, Oil and Conctruction companies, that make most of the bucks, when wars start. I think, that Republilcan party has gone Inseane, and is really doing its best, to keep this situation as it is.

Why dont I like Republican Party, at all?

Lets see - here is a couple of names:

- Ronald Reagan

- Richard Nixon

- Gerorge H.W. Bush

- George W. Bush

Why I think, that Democrats are "the better of 2 evil's"?

- John F. Kennedy

"Ask not, what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country!"

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Really?

Are you aware of the fact that JFK enacted some of the worst executive orders, the kind that cause extreme damage to the constitution? He also was a very ineffective president.
The one thing I'll say about JFK, he seemed to have had a change of consience, or seemed to have gotten one. Those in control of the Western Nations didn't kill him for no idle reason.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Really?

Are you aware of the fact that JFK enacted some of the worst executive orders, the kind that cause extreme damage to the constitution? He also was a very ineffective president.
The one thing I'll say about JFK, he seemed to have had a change of consience, or seemed to have gotten one. Those in control of the Western Nations didn't kill him for no idle reason.

Ok, Mister Crowne, who would you pick to be the best US President in the current century?

Who would you choose - I see that JFK is not your cup of coffee...

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The current century? Gee, we don't have many to pick from since this century has begun!

Seriously, I have issues with each and every one of them. I prefer not to claim any one of them as my favorite. Even Reagan, who was not a member of any NWO groups, was controlled to an extent. His cabinet was ate-up with them, and when he tried to expose theIRS for the fraud that it is, they woke him up with a bullet that was supposed to put him to sleep for good.

I don't see much difference in the presidents if they are controlled by the puppet masters.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
I don't see much difference in the presidents if they are controlled by the puppet masters.

So True, Mister Crowne, so True...

Do you think that the Puppet Masters really "pick sides"?

I think they are more like - OK, who's Next? - kind of people.

Here in Slovenia we have Multiple Party System, that looks like this:

Deputy Groups in the National Assembly:

SLOVENIAN DEMOCRATIC PARTY (SDS)
(29 deputies)

LIBERAL DEMOCRACY OF SLOVENIA (LDS)
(23 deputies)

SOCIAL DEMOCRATS (SD)
(10 deputies)

NEW SLOVENIA - CHRISTIAN PEOPLE`S PARTY (NSi)
(9 deputies)

SLS SLOVENE PEOPLE`S PARTY (SLS)
(7 deputies)

SLOVENE NATIONAL PARTY (SNS)
(6 deputies)

DEMOCRATIC PARTY OF PENSIONERS OF SLOVENIA (DESUS)
(4 deputies)

REPRESENTATIVES OF THE NATIONAL MINORITIES
(2 deputies)

National Assembly of the Republic of Slovenia

Thats kind of "Democratic" in a "Republic" - so that more different kinds of groups and people's parties are involved.

Does that really matter to the Puppet Masters?

Or is it the same story here, when you hear the phrase: "The Boss would like to see you!"?

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I believe that the longer a politician stays entrenched in the system, the more corrupt he/she becomes. One big step in turning things around would be to limit these congress critters to terms of 6 or 8 years. I think that a fresh infusion of blood every so often is good for the country. We limit the presidency to two terms, why not Congress? Congress can do more harm than any president can; all they have to do is wait till he is done with his two terms.

Some politicians have held the same office for decades.That's not a good idea in corporate America, neither is it a good idea in Washington.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
.....RFK Jr.'s ""The Republicans are 95 percent corrupt and the Democrats are 75 percent corrupt" thread ( which, for some reason, I can't find via search...archived or something?)
The GOP under Bush is so god awful illegal in almost all they do, it would HAVE to take a complicit opposition to not be called on it on an hourly basis.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
You know, Amuk, you had me stumped with this one at first. I've avoided this thread up until now for two reasons. The first is that, as you've stated in some other threads, you wanted to know the difference between Republicans and Democrats in what they do, not in what they say. Second, because I didn't know the answer, I didn't want to read through the thread and just grab someone else's torch and run with it. However, this morning, while contemplating John Bolton and the filibustered judges (thread coming
), I made a connection to a sci-fi short story I had read my sophmore year in high school.

Imagine, if you will, that the US and Russia engauge in a more cutthroat war games. Each side has its 100 best, most elite warriors, and they're placed in an arena about a square mile which presents each side with the exact same circumstances. Both sides would probably end up using the lay of the land, the weapons available, and their forces in much the same way, because they'd be so elite and know how to best use their situation to triumph. By the end, you would probably end up with one, maybe two survivors if it was a battle to eradication.

You could come away from that, and say, wow, the American and Russian militaries are the same. On the surface, it would appear true, they both used similar tactics, when given a hill, cliff, or gully, they would both use it in much the same way. It does not, however, account for the rest of the militaries. In an actual war, a WHOLE lot would be different between the two military forces.

American politics are set up in such a way as to cause the end result to appear pretty moderate. Neither party controls a supermajority, and when they do, usually the executive isn't of the same party. When that happens, there are still 9 judges appointed for life, so they have no need to curtail political favor. In order to get anything through congress, it can't be ultra-liberal or ultra-conservative. There has to be compromise. So, while they may use strong language, and promote strong policies from their political perspective, the end result is almost always moderate.

There have been many bills which were voted on in the house that never saw light of day because they were extreme. However, we don't hear about those, we hear about bills which actually garner attention, or are passed.

So, yes, there are inherent differences between Republicans and Democrats. Its those differences which have caused our laws to be more moderate, and appear as though there is no real difference.

To go back to the elite troops scenario, our national politicians are along those lines. They have played politics to the point where they could get a majority of the population of a state to elect them into office. Extremists tend not to see light of day via the vote when it comes to national politics. At the local level, however, this is not always the case. So you're looking at the elite, and applying those behaviors to the whole. Dig a little deeper

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Some politicians have held the same office for decades.That's not a good idea in corporate America, neither is it a good idea in Washington.

HOLY BAT POOP BALE!

Jsobecky and I COMPLETLY agree on something! Hell must be frozen over or sumthin

Term limits for congress would be a huge step in getting rid of corruption in the top levels of gov. However, how would something like that be enacted? You would bassically be telling those people that if you vote this into law, your jobs will become shortened significantly. I dont think it would ever happen. Good idea though.

Amuk, thanks for starting a thread that has opened my eyes to alot of things. Appreciate the links

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
After a spit shine, it's still a turd of crap. All term limits will do is illustrated perfectly in the first Bush term. They knew they stole the fight, they knew America did not support their NeoCon vision. So, they were blatant-obvious-in your face in the desire to start wars, gerrymander districts and institute corporate hand outs. They had no way of knowing for sure whether they'd get caught on the 2000 vote or be able to fix tohe 2004 one, so it was clearly all smash & dash.
A politician who comes in knowing theirs nothing to lose will do the same thing, acting like a sailor on shore leave in a Thai whorehouse.
It's the whole system that has to be gutted & reconfigured; these minor tweeks in the modern era are completely useless turd polish.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time

It's the whole system that has to be gutted & reconfigured; these minor tweeks in the modern era are completely useless turd polish.

Hey, I completly agree with this. I was just saying that term limits would be a nice start to the multifacited change that is needed.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Left, right, republican, democrat, are you people that insane?

Who the **** cares about a left side, a right side a donkey or an elephant?

You sound like little school children.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

If you truly cared about this country you would stop acting like government-controlled zombies and actually understand it’s a label the government wants you to take a side whether it’s right or left.

As long as we each take a side we Americans could never possibly unite together in force and truly become a free country.

I have to admit it’s a great Hitlerish scheme.

But have you asked yourself what can be accomplished if we’re constantly accusing each side of something, which has nothing to do with benefiting this country as a whole?

Ask yourself who, does it benefit?

I don’t care if you’re a lefty a righty, a red or a blue.

What do those labels have to do with doing what is right for our country?

You sheeple have been safely tucked into this brainwashing scheme and most aren’t even aware it’s happening to them.

Go ahead label me as another conspiracy Looney if that’s how you’ve been programmed to think.

Else, why not come to the understanding that if we the people are truly “THE PEOPLE” as written in our Constitution, then we should be looking out for each other as a “people” to the benefit of this country and not become sheep hiding behind a label.

Just like little kids and just as you’ve been programmed to do.

What a shame. Please stop it for your children sake and their future.

So going forward if you spout off saying you’re a left or a right then stop and look deep down within you and understand you’re a human being just like the person next to you and come to the realization that you’re a victim of this scam.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join