It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atomix's riddles

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Here's a new one...

Always old, sometimes new, never sad, sometimes blue. Never empty, sometimes full, never pushes, always pulls. What am I?

No points for this one, as a Google might turn it up, etc. More for fun.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Another one...this one for points...

A guy and a gal were driving in their car, but then had mechanical problems and the car broke down. The guy went for help by walking to a service station a few miles back. Before leaving, he made sure that only the gal was inside the car, he rolled all the windows up, and made sure all of the car doors were locked. The trunk was still locked of course, as well. He left for the station, but upon arriving back at the car with help, the gal was now dead, and there was a stranger in the car. The car was still locked, all the windows up, etc. and there was no physical damage to the exterior of the car whatsoever? How did the stranger get inside, and what happened?

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Did he climb in from under the car? Or did the woman give birth and then time rapidly sped up inside the car only?

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I believe your second guesss is the correct one, Atomix. The wife died during childbirth. No time warp though.

Always old, sometimes new, never sad, sometimes blue. Never empty, sometimes full, never pushes, always pulls. What am I?

That's the moon!

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Wow, that was quick...good job.

Yes, the woman died in childbirth. Points to both as kind of a joint effort...

PS, and yep, the moon for the other riddle...

[edit on 15-6-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Well you know it was nothing...*looks proud of himself*

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Interestingly enough, there's another answer of course...

The man could have dropped his keys when getting out of the car, and a stranger then went in (with the keys), killed the girl, and was still in the car upon the man's return... (many modern cars lock a few moments after the doors are shut). Never heard this answer, but just occurred to me...

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I got one for everyone here...

A man leaves home by running so far then turns left, he then runs the same distance and turns left again. After running the same distance and runs left again, he runs the same distance and arrives home here two masked men are waiting. Who are these masked me?

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hatchedcross
I got one for everyone here...

A man leaves home by running so far then turns left, he then runs the same distance and turns left again. After running the same distance and runs left again, he runs the same distance and arrives home here two masked men are waiting. Who are these masked me?

The catcher and the umpire.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Are they members of the terrible band slipknot?

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
No, not Slipknot members lol

dc got it, the catcher and umpire.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   
You are in a room with three light switches on the wall. On the wall in another room at the end of a corridor are three light bulbs, each of which are activated by one of the switches in the first room. How can you tell which switch corresponds to which of each bulb if you can only enter the second room once and you can't return to the first room?

[edit on 2005/6/17 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
In the first room.. Turn on the first switch and leave it on for a while. Then turn off. Turn the second switch on. Go into the other room.
The first switch will go with the light that will be warm, the second switch will go with the one that is lit, and the thirdswitch will go with the cold light, having never been turned on.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Here's one:

Carol is travelling by ship from south of the equator to the north.

She has a nice little second class cabin which has a bathroom, but no window.
Carol has no compass nor other instruments. Yet, without leaving her room or talking with anyone, Carol knew exactly when the ship crossed the equator.

How did she know?

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
she flushed the toilet the whole time she was in there, then suddenly the water spun the other way, which means shes across the equator!!!! what do i win???

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paranoid Pain
she flushed the toilet the whole time she was in there, then suddenly the water spun the other way, which means shes across the equator!!!! what do i win???

Close enough

I specific answer is she watched water go down the sink, but your works just as well.

/hands Paranoid Pain a ribbon

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join