It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atomix's riddles

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
A kidnapper kidnaps 4 kids. He buries them up to their necks in sand so they cant move. He places a wall in front of one of the kids. He then places 2 white hats on 2 of the kids and 2 black hats on the other 2 kids. Then he tells them:
"Figure out what colour hat your wearing and I'll let you all go free! If you talk I'll kill you, All I want to hear is black or white! If you get it wrong I'll kill you! You have 2 minutes before I kill you"
Heres what it looks like:

After 1 minute one child says the right answer. How does he do it and which kid is it?
Answer will be posted on Sunday at 5PM GMT if nobody has got it by then and a new riddle will be posted.

[edit on 26/5/05 by Atomix]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
If the kids know that there are two white and two black hats then:

I say the answer is "c"

Kid looks in front and behind (b&d) knows there are two whites hats deduces two black are left. therefore kid "c" says black.

[edit on 26-5-2005 by Rren]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Hmmm.........carry the one.........OMG he's right!!! Yep C can see that B has a white hat, he knows that D can see them both and if B+C were wearing the same colour hat then D would know he was black, so the only reason D can't be saying black is because they have different coulor hats. So C realizes he is black. Jeeze that was fast.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
Hmmm.........carry the one.........OMG he's right!!! Yep C can see that B has a white hat, he knows that D can see them both and if B+C were wearing the same colour hat then D would know he was black, so the only reason D can't be saying black is because they have different coulor hats. So C realizes he is black. Jeeze that was fast.

it was so easy i thought it was a trick question.
Was sure i was wrong.....guess not

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Apperantly the FBI use this one for profiling criminals:

A woman's mother dies and at the funeral she meets a man. She starts talking to him and he comforts her and they start getting to know each other. So as the day progresses the woman starts to really like the man and she falls in love with him. After the funeral she looks around but she can't find the man. He's gone. She didn't get a phone number, name or address but she knows he was connected to the family in some way. She goes home very sad. 2 days later her sister dies.

Explain THAT in 5 minutes!!!

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
Apperantly the FBI use this one for profiling criminals:

A woman's mother dies and at the funeral she meets a man. She starts talking to him and he comforts her and they start getting to know each other. So as the day progresses the woman starts to really like the man and she falls in love with him. After the funeral she looks around but she can't find the man. He's gone. She didn't get a phone number, name or address but she knows he was connected to the family in some way. She goes home very sad. 2 days later her sister dies.

Explain THAT in 5 minutes!!!

She killed her sister in hopes the man would come to the funeral. She is psychotic.

[edit on 5/26/2005 by cohiba]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Atomix sez:
A kidnapper kidnaps 4 kids. He buries them up to their necks in sand so they cant move. He places a wall in front of one of the kids. He then places 2 white hats on 2 of the kids and 2 black hats on the other 2 kids. Then he tells them:
"Figure out what colour hat your wearing and I'll let you all go free! If you talk I'll kill you, All I want to hear is black or white! If you get it wrong I'll kill you! You have 2 minutes before I kill you"

I have a problem with this. Nowhere does it say anything about the kids knowing there's 2 of each hat. There could be one black and three white, or the guy could be screwing with them and they all have the same color. Maybe I'm just nitpicking, but...

Cool game though; I agree with cohiba about the second riddle, although I admit that I didn't come up with the answer on my own. Makes sense though.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
He shows the kids the hats beforehand. Yes the woman does kill her sister. Well done.
1hr 16m Could do worse

[edit on 26/5/05 by Atomix]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
A man drives to his brothers red hotel in a silver car and all of a sudden he's bankrupt.
Explain that in less than 1hr and 16m!

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
the 2 are playing monopoly

[edit on 26-5-2005 by PILK]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Yup. Monopoly.

Oui?

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 05:32 AM
link   
ooh, ooh can i do one??? ok, so this father and his son are driving along when suddenly they crash!
the father dies but the son lives. so the son is in hospital, and about to be operated on. then the surgeon comes over, gasps, and says " i cant operate on him, hes my son!!!"
get THAT in an hour or 2!!!!!!!!! this could take a while! i better keep myself occupied:

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   
has no-one figured out my little riddle yet??? its way better than atomix's ones!!!!!!!! -me
-atomix

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Yes it was monopoly 32m! PP The surgeon is his mother. Better than mine ey?

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   
A man has two girlfriends. One lives on the north side of the city and the other lives on the south side. He has no clocks in his house and nothing to telll the time. He simply walks to the train station and gets the first train going to either the south or north side. Both trains come every 10 minutes. But 9 times out of ten he gets the northside train.

Explain that! Record is 32minutes

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh i told you this before!!! but you are some how... WRONG!!!!!!!!!
if it was a woman i wold have said surgeonESS!!! so the clocks still ticking...tick...tock...tick...tock

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paranoid Pain
gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh i told you this before!!! but you are some how... WRONG!!!!!!!!!
if it was a woman i wold have said surgeonESS!!! so the clocks still ticking...tick...tock...tick...tock

Someones a bit sexist today. men and women surgeons are just called surgeons! It was definetly his mother!

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   
nope guess again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Im telling you! I heard this one yesterday! The surgeon(ess) is his mom!!!
stargate

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I have to go with the mom on that one too...that's a pretty classic riddle.

here's another...

Q: Which weighs more, a pound of feathers, or a pound of gold? (Oh, and why?)

[edit on 27-5-2005 by Gazrok]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join