It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atomix's riddles

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Good one , yes he tries confusing us with the 27, when 25 is the number. Then the 5 dollars out. For the train one, its possible that if he enters the train from the west it goes south and its a double track, so then when he wants to go to the north he enters from east, time doesn't matter. I don't think this is right but o well.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Try this one on....

A pregnant woman is naming her child. She already has 6 children, named: Dominic, Regis, Milly, Fawn, Sophia, and Lana. What name will she choose for the child she is carrying? Jessie, Katlyn, Tilly, or Abigail? And why?

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
No takers?

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Man, everyone gives up so easy.....

An Applaud! to the first one who gets it...

I'll post the answer in a couple hours if nobody does....

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Try this one on....

A pregnant woman is naming her child. She already has 6 children, named: Dominic, Regis, Milly, Fawn, Sophia, and Lana. What name will she choose for the child she is carrying? Jessie, Katlyn, Tilly, or Abigail? And why?

I'd say Jessie, as it can be used for either sex, and typically the other three names are feminine. So, if she doesn't know the sex before the birth, she can pick "Jessie" and be safe.

I found this site to do some name research, and thought I'd share as I spent a lot of time just playing around there, somebody else may like to know the origin of a name.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Nope, nothing to do with the sex of the child...

Here's a BIG hint....

[edit on 9-6-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Kind of reminds me of The Sound Of Music

Tilly!

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Yeah, that hint did it. Nice riddle!

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Yep!

Doe, a deer...
Ray, a drop of golden sun...
Me, a name, I call myself...
Far, a long long way to run...

etc. etc.

250 virtual gold coins have been wired to your account.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
250 virtual gold coins have been wired to your account.

He lies. He lies! I didn't get mine from answering the pound of feathers riddle.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

He lies. He lies! I didn't get mine from answering the pound of feathers riddle.

Nope, your post was 8 minutes after Duzey's answer...so Duzey got the points...
A couple minutes, and I could assume replying at the same time, but not 8 minutes....

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
But, here's another...

It's an English word where the first 2 letters indicate a man, the first 3 letters indicate a woman, the first 4 indicate a great man, and the entire word...a great woman. What's the word?

EDIT: Riddle crowd is a little groggy this morning???

[edit on 10-6-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Hey, I'm not groggy, I was having a nap! A five-hour nap, that began one hour after I got up. I love vacation days!

Is the answer heroine?

He
Her
Hero
Heroine

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh, i was thinking more along the lines of- mr. mrs. you know, good riddle!

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Yeah, Gazrok gives good riddle.

That last one with the names had me all confused
and then after I saw the answer I spent the rest of the day singing Sound of Music songs.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
PP your riddle about the motel had already been posted in another thread...........As the Iraqi Army says: Keep 'em coming!

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
no it wasn't!!!!!!! i got it from my dad you ****ing *******:bash::bnghd: ill give another in a few minutes

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
ok, got one off my big brother: You are given 5 bags. There are 10 beads in each of the bags. In four of the bags, the beads each weigh 10 kilograms. In the remaining bag, each bead weighs only 9 kilograms. All the bags and beads look identical. You must find out which bag has the lighter beads. The problem is that all the bags look identical and all the beads look identical. You can use a scale, but it has to be a single-tray scale, not a two-tray balance scale. Also, you may use the scale only once. How can you find out which bag has the lighter beads?
I didnt figure it out, its impossible!!! he told me though

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Take one bead from the first bag, two from the second, three from the third and so on. After you have taken the correct amount from each bag, weigh the beads you have removed. This would be 15 beads which should equal 150 kg if they were all 10kg.

The difference between 150kg and the weight of the beads will let you know what bag had the 9kg beads since you took one bead for each bag "number". If the total weight of all of the beads is 149kg, you know the first bag has the 9kg beads since you only took one bead from the bag. If the weight of all of the beads is 148kg, then you know it is the second bag and so on.

What do I win?

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Just confirming Duzey's answer of "Heroine"...

Good job...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join